i am new here with a question for eeveryone, my name is lisa and i am

a single female who is heavily in debt. i am budgeting my money but

the doctor has just said i am hypoglycemic. how do i afford to eat six

times a day?

lisa

crawfish_mama2006

Default hi everyone, i am new

Lisa,

Where do you live at? Have you ever heard of Angelfood Ministries?

They have really great food packages you can buy monthly, and the cost

is very little. There is plenty of food per package deal, and it last

for a month, depending on how you eat. It is worth it in the long

run. I am also having to go back them starting next month, my son is

moving out and I need to conserve my money. This is truly the best

method and you only pay one set price per month.

Jackie

crawfish_mama2006@yahoo.com

--- In Budget101_@yahoogroups.com, "lsrulli" <lsrulli@...> wrote:

>

> hi friends.

>

> i am new here with a question for eeveryone, my name is lisa and i am

> a single female who is heavily in debt. i am budgeting my money but

> the doctor has just said i am hypoglycemic. how do i afford to eat six

> times a day?

>

>

> lisa

>

Gail Moncivais

Hi Lisa
    I am just know catching up with a lot of e-mail. I read your post and I have an idea. You make of list of all the foods you have available then plan your menu for the week. Make small meals six times a day. They don't have to be big 3 course dinners, just a simple salad with some chicken or a chopped egg on top will do. Even just a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for a quick snack. Plan three mail meals and three snacks. As a diabetic I try and fit all this in. Even an apple or another type of fruit will work as a snack.
    Gail North East PA.

l

&#32;
    Get easy, one-click access to your favorites. Make Yahoo! your homepage.

Tressa Watts

I have a question....I recently had a fasting sugar level of 105 so the Doctor had me do the glucose test where you drink that drink then they check your blood 5 times. Well the last time the went to check my blood I almost passed out, turned white as a ghost and they had to give me eat sugar cookies? Does this mean I have diabetes? Anybody taken this test before? I dont have my results until Wednesday of this week and this happened 2 Fridays ago..it is driving me crazy not knowing.

To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com
    Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 18:16:02 -0800
    Subject: Re: Budget101.com : hi everyone, i am new

Hi Lisa
    I am just know catching up with a lot of e-mail. I read your post and I have an idea. You make of list of all the foods you have available then plan your menu for the week. Make small meals six times a day. They don't have to be big 3 course dinners, just a simple salad with some chicken or a chopped egg on top will do. Even just a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for a quick snack. Plan three mail meals and three snacks. As a diabetic I try and fit all this in. Even an apple or another type of fruit will work as a snack.
    Gail North East PA.

l

<hr>Your smile counts. The more smiles you share, the more we donate. Join in!

Gail Moncivais

Hi Tressa The test they gave you is a glucose tolerance test. The drink is laden with carbs and sugar and after 5 hours your glucose should go up in relation to the amount of sugar you took in.

105 is not a high glucose for a fasting reading. What you may have experienced is a very high insulin reaction to the glucose they were feeding you in the drink.

I would surly ask my doctor what they hoped to find with the test they administered and if you are diabetic. It sure does not sound like it to me. If I were to take the 5 hour glucose tolerance test right know my blood sugar would probably be over 200 and they would be giving me insulin to bring it down. I am currently on medication no insulin and have been diabetic for 6 years. They may have been trying to see how your body reacts to glucose and how much insulin your body puts out to counter it. If you would contact me at my private e-mail and we can
    chat when you get the results.
    Gail Moncivais
    Former US. Army Medic.

&#32;
    Be a better pen pal. Text or chat with friends inside Yahoo! Mail. See how.

Patricia Coss

I would say call your dr. I had to go through this test for gestational diabetes and I was in early in the morning and by that night I had my results. Patti

----- Original Message ----
    To: budget101_@yahoogroups.com
    Sent: Sunday, November 25, 2007 11:12:26 AM
    Subject: Budget101.com : Diabetes?

I have a question.... I recently had a fasting sugar level of 105 so the Doctor had me do the glucose test where you drink that drink then they check your blood 5 times. Well the last time the went to check my blood I almost passed out, turned white as a ghost and they had to give me eat sugar cookies? Does this mean I have diabetes? Anybody taken this test before? I dont have my results until Wednesday of this week and this happened 2 Fridays ago..it is driving me crazy not knowing.

<SPAN style="height:2px;border-bottom:1px solid rgb(212,208,200);border-top:1px solid rgb(128,128,128);background-color:black;">
    To: Budget101_@yahoogro ups.com

Hi Lisa
    Gail North East PA.

l

<SPAN style="height:2px;border-bottom:1px solid rgb(212,208,200);border-top:1px solid rgb(128,128,128);background-color:black;">
    Your smile counts. The more smiles you share, the more we donate. <A rel="nofollow">Join in!</A>

Cindy Sue Cindysioux@yahoo.com

I think anything 110 fasting is considered diabetic, so a fasting blood sugar is rather high what they used to refer to as border-line diabetic or pre-diabetic. irregardless of your test the best thing you can do is educate yourself. You may or may not have it but either way you should insulate yourself with knowledge.

Tressa Watts <TressaPSGT@hotmail.com> wrote: I have a question....I recently had a fasting sugar level of 105 so the Doctor had me do the glucose test where you drink that drink then they check your blood 5 times. Well the last time the went to check my blood I almost passed out, turned white as a ghost and they had to give me eat sugar cookies? Does this mean I have diabetes? Anybody taken this
    test before? I dont have my results until Wednesday of this week and this happened 2 Fridays ago..it is driving me crazy not knowing.

To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com

Hi Lisa
    I am just know catching up with a lot of e-mail. I read your post and I have an idea. You make of list of all the foods you have available then plan your menu for the week. Make small meals six times a day. They don't have to be big 3 course dinners, just a simple salad with some chicken or a chopped egg on top will do. Even just a peanut
    butter and jelly sandwich for a quick snack. Plan three mail meals and three snacks. As a diabetic I try and fit all this in. Even an apple or another type of fruit will work as a snack.
    Gail North East PA.

l

Your smile counts. The more smiles you share, the more we donate. Join in!

<FONT face="verdana" color="#007f40">Cindy Sue <FONT color="#bf00bf"><FONT color="#ff00ff"><FONT face="verdana" color="#40007f"><FONT color="#00407f"><FONT color="#ff7b08" size="1">
    <FONT face="verdana" color="#007f40">Happy Holidays

&#32;
    Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.