Things are missing

I notices that all my points, awards and etc are missing? Did something change???

post, site, links, queue, offer, subject, minutes, provide, affiliate, freebie, direct, hotlinking, requires, super, edit, inclusion, longer, editing, held, link, search, missing, problem, incurred, things, multiple, moderators, approval, average, regularly, happening, long, moderated, posts, time

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Things are missing

I notices that all my points, awards and etc are missing? Did something change???

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Things are missing

You too?? I thought all my stuff disappeared due to not being online in the last few weeks...

Deal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sorry ladies, we disabled a few things from view while we were backing up the site. We're testing some updates on a duplicate version of the site (to make sure the updates function fine before making them live!).

The experience points/rewards/awards and shop are now located under the "My Faves" tab. Please note, no points were lost or missed during this time.
    ~Enjoy!~

FreebieQueen

Like Budget101 on Facebook!
    Join us on Twitter #Budget101

Smart Budgeter
    Downloads
    Uploads

Everything must be all fixed now because I dont seem to be missing anything at all in my account
    ~No Matter how bad it gets, I'm rich at the Dollar Store!!~

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

YEP yep yep! They're efficient like that!

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

How can you loose 612 Points for threads points? What did I do??

Deal GURU
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yesterday we had to Unapprove several hundred posts that had previously been approved and prune through them due to Hotlinking complaints we received.

• 08:20 PM happy0349 has earned 6 Points for threads points
    • 08:00 PM happy0349 has earned 1 Points for threads points
    • 07:50 PM happy0349 has earned 88 Points for threads points
    • 07:50 PM happy0349 has earned 3 Points for Posts points
    • 05:30 PM happy0349 has earned 482 Points for threads points

• 05:10 PM happy0349 has lost -608 Points for threads points

When the posts were Unapproved and placed in moderation, the points "came out" of your account. (At 5:10 pm)

Then when they were edited to remove the hotlinked images they were re-approved. Several duplicate posts were deleted altogether, as well as 3 that were affiliate links rather than actual freebies. Hence the Additions back into your account despite no new postings at those times.

So while your points temporarily disappeared, they were quickly recalculated when they were approved.

Please note that linking directly to images from any site without their permission is called hotlinking and & is considered Bandwidth Theft as the image continues to use the hosting site's bandwidth resources & increase their server costs.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    All of my posts were transferred from
    the budget101 Discussion list
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~

Downloads
    Uploads

In addition to BiggerPiggyBanks explanation, I wanted to add that we prune duplicate posts monthly. If you post a new a new thread/post in the freebie forum that has already been shared in the past 10 days, it gets removed as a duplicate.
    This removal prevents bloating in the tables and saves on server expenses.

When posting a new thread/post, after entering the subject line, hit the tab key to drop into the text box. A box will pop up displaying recent topics that have been posted so you can see if your freebie has already been posted.

While we try to merge or delete duplicates as they are posted, this isn't always a possibility with several moderators in a single forum. Each of Us are located in different areas around the US and we aren't all online at the same time.

If you see that the topic has already been covered but have something new to add to it, hit reply to the post to add the info. The post will be *bump* Bumped up without creating a dupe.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast