The Victors

Default How do you organize and manage your coupons?

<font size="4" color="maroon" face="Microsoft Sans Serif">14.0pt;font-family:"Microsoft Sans Serif";color:maroon;">I know
    it has been discussed before, but I am fixing to start using coupons heavily and I need a good way to
    organize them. Right now, I have a small box that I separated categories
    with index card dividers but I want to see if there is a better way to keep up
    with what I have at a glance, or how to keep multiple copies of coupons
    together. And of course, manage the expiration date. I know some
    people use baseball card organizers, exactly how does that work?
    <font size="4" color="maroon" face="Microsoft Sans Serif">14.0pt;font-family:"Microsoft Sans Serif";color:maroon;">

<font size="4" color="maroon" face="Microsoft Sans Serif">14.0pt;font-family:"Microsoft Sans Serif";color:maroon;">I am
    hosting the coupon class I asked about earlier since I have enough people
    interested and I would like to offer different ways of organizing them.
    <font size="4" color="maroon" face="Microsoft Sans Serif">14.0pt;font-family:"Microsoft Sans Serif";color:maroon;">
    <font size="5" color="maroon" face="NokieBrushHMK">16.0pt;font-family:NokieBrushHMK;color:maroon;">Melissa V.
    <font size="3" color="blue" face="Times New Roman">12.0pt;color:blue;">
    <font size="4" color="maroon" face="NokieBrushHMK">13.5pt;font-family:NokieBrushHMK;color:maroon;font-weight:
    normal;">

<font size="4" color="blue" face="NokieBrushHMK">13.5pt;font-family:NokieBrushHMK;color:blue;font-weight:normal;">
    <font size="4" color="maroon" face="NokieBrushHMK">14.0pt;font-family:NokieBrushHMK;color:maroon;">The LORD
    replied:

<font size="4" color="maroon" face="NokieBrushHMK">14.0pt;font-family:NokieBrushHMK;color:maroon;">"My son,
    my precious child,
    <font size="4" color="maroon" face="NokieBrushHMK">14.0pt;font-family:NokieBrushHMK;color:maroon;font-weight:bold;">

<font face="NokieBrushHMK"><span style="font-family:NokieBrushHMK;">I
    love you and I would never leave you.

<font face="NokieBrushHMK"><span style="font-family:NokieBrushHMK;">During
    your times of trial and suffering,

<font face="NokieBrushHMK"><span style="font-family:NokieBrushHMK;">when
    you see only one set of footprints,

<font face="NokieBrushHMK"><span style="font-family:NokieBrushHMK;">it
    was then that I carried you."
    <font size="4" color="maroon" face="NokieBrushHMK">14.0pt;font-family:NokieBrushHMK;color:maroon;">

No virus found in this outgoing message.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Version: 7.5.503 / Virus Database: 269.15.20/1107 - Release Date: 11/3/2007 11:22 AM

Chrissey

I use the baseball card system. I have a three ring binder with the baseball card sheets. I have dividers between sheets for various groupings. I did what made sense to me - meat, dairy, canned goods, cereal/breakfast, pet supplies, toiletries, paper goods, etc. Set up the dividers for what makes sense to you.

Then, as I cut my coupons, I file them behind the appropriate divider. If necessary, I fold them so that I can see the picture of the product (I'm a visual type person). When I get to the grocery store, I can flip to the page that has the appropriate coupons. I then compare coupons, prices, sales, etc to find the best deal.

My binder has a pocket in the front. When I have picked a product that will use a coupon, I pull that coupon out and stick it in the front pocket. When I check out, all my coupons are right there to hand to the cashier.

I've been using this system for a couple years and I love it. Once you have it set up, it's a breeze to maintain.

Good luck!

Chrissey

-------Original Message-------

Date: 11/4/2007 7:10:42 PM
    To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com
    Subject: Budget101.com : How do you organize and manage your coupons?

<DIV class="Section1">
    <FONT face="Microsoft Sans Serif" color="maroon" size="4"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt;COLOR: maroon;FONT-FAMILY: 'Microsoft Sans Serif';">I know it has been discussed before, but I am fixing to start using coupons heavily and I need a good way to organize them. Right now, I have a small box that I separated categories with index card dividers but I want to see if there is a better way to keep up with what I have at a glance, or how to keep multiple copies of coupons together. And of course, manage the expiration date. I know some people use baseball card organizers, exactly how does that work?
    <FONT face="Microsoft Sans Serif" color="maroon" size="4"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt;COLOR: maroon;FONT-FAMILY: 'Microsoft Sans Serif';">
    <FONT face="Microsoft Sans Serif" color="maroon" size="4"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt;COLOR: maroon;FONT-FAMILY: 'Microsoft Sans Serif';">I am hosting the coupon class I asked about earlier since I have enough people interested and I would like to offer different ways of organizing them.
    <FONT face="Microsoft Sans Serif" color="maroon" size="4"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt;COLOR: maroon;FONT-FAMILY: 'Microsoft Sans Serif';">
    <FONT face="NokieBrushHMK" color="maroon" size="5"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 16pt;COLOR: maroon;FONT-FAMILY: NokieBrushHMK;">Melissa V.
    <FONT face="Times New Roman" color="blue" size="3"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt;COLOR: blue;">
    <FONT face="NokieBrushHMK" color="maroon" size="4"><SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal;FONT-SIZE: 13.5pt;COLOR: maroon;FONT-FAMILY: NokieBrushHMK;">
    <FONT face="NokieBrushHMK" color="blue" size="4"><SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal;FONT-SIZE: 13.5pt;COLOR: blue;FONT-FAMILY: NokieBrushHMK;">
    <FONT face="NokieBrushHMK" color="maroon" size="4"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt;COLOR: maroon;FONT-FAMILY: NokieBrushHMK;">The LORD replied:
    <FONT face="NokieBrushHMK" color="maroon" size="4"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt;COLOR: maroon;FONT-FAMILY: NokieBrushHMK;">"My son, my precious child,<FONT face="NokieBrushHMK" color="maroon" size="4"><SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold;FONT-SIZE: 14pt;COLOR: maroon;FONT-FAMILY: NokieBrushHMK;">
    <FONT face="NokieBrushHMK"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: NokieBrushHMK;">I love you and I would never leave you.
    <FONT face="NokieBrushHMK"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: NokieBrushHMK;">During your times of trial and suffering,
    <FONT face="NokieBrushHMK"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: NokieBrushHMK;">when you see only one set of footprints,
    <FONT face="NokieBrushHMK"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: NokieBrushHMK;">it was then that I carried you."
    <FONT face="NokieBrushHMK" color="maroon" size="4"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt;COLOR: maroon;FONT-FAMILY: NokieBrushHMK;">

Liss

<SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt;COLOR: maroon;FONT-FAMILY: 'Microsoft Sans Serif';"><SPAN class="078054312-05112007"><FONT face="Century" color="#000000" size="3">>>>I know it has been discussed before, but I am fixing to start using coupons heavily and I need a good way to organize them.<SPAN class="078054312-05112007"><FONT face="Century" color="#000000" size="3"><<
    <SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt;COLOR: maroon;FONT-FAMILY: 'Microsoft Sans Serif';"><SPAN class="078054312-05112007">
    <SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt;COLOR: maroon;FONT-FAMILY: 'Microsoft Sans Serif';"><SPAN class="078054312-05112007">LOL, I started using a few, just to see if I could get into it, and lately I've got to admit I got hooked.
    <SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt;COLOR: maroon;FONT-FAMILY: 'Microsoft Sans Serif';"><SPAN class="078054312-05112007">
    <SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt;COLOR: maroon;FONT-FAMILY: 'Microsoft Sans Serif';"><SPAN class="078054312-05112007">>> Right now, I have a small box that I separated categories with index card dividers but I want to see if there is a better way to keep up with what I have at a glance, or how to keep multiple copies of coupons together. And of course, manage the expiration date. I know some people use baseball card organizers, exactly how does that work?<SPAN class="078054312-05112007"><FONT face="Century" color="#000000" size="3"><<
    <SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt;COLOR: maroon;FONT-FAMILY: 'Microsoft Sans Serif';"><SPAN class="078054312-05112007"><FONT face="Century" color="#000000" size="3">Okay,<FONT face="Century" color="#000000" size="3">What I did (and it cost me very little to get started) was use a 3 ring binder with a few of the baseball card organizers. I divided into sections according to the store I shop at most (which unfortunately is Walmart). Our walmart will accept ALL IP (internet Printables) AND they will Match ANY competitor price. So if I go in and they have TP on Sale at CVS for 6. a case, walmart will match that, plus take the coupons I have for it.
    <SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt;COLOR: maroon;FONT-FAMILY: 'Microsoft Sans Serif';"><SPAN class="078054312-05112007"><FONT face="Century" color="#000000" size="3">
    <SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt;COLOR: maroon;FONT-FAMILY: 'Microsoft Sans Serif';"><SPAN class="078054312-05112007"><FONT face="Century" color="#000000" size="3">So, in the back of my 3 ring I slide the ads with a little sticky note on top for which Item I will be getting a discount for.
    <SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt;COLOR: maroon;FONT-FAMILY: 'Microsoft Sans Serif';"><SPAN class="078054312-05112007"><FONT face="Century" color="#000000" size="3">
    <SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt;COLOR: maroon;FONT-FAMILY: 'Microsoft Sans Serif';"><SPAN class="078054312-05112007"><FONT face="Century" color="#000000" size="3">(Is that clear?? Sometimes it's hard to describe what you mean in an email). If not, I can take some photos and post them to the site, if that would help.
    <SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt;COLOR: maroon;FONT-FAMILY: 'Microsoft Sans Serif';"><SPAN class="078054312-05112007"><FONT face="Century" color="#000000" size="3">Here's how I organize my coupons:
    <SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt;COLOR: maroon;FONT-FAMILY: 'Microsoft Sans Serif';"><SPAN class="078054312-05112007">http://www.budget101.com/Articles/article36.htm
    <SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt;COLOR: maroon;FONT-FAMILY: 'Microsoft Sans Serif';"><SPAN class="078054312-05112007"><FONT face="Century" color="#000000" size="3">Here's how to find the coupon deals:
    <SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt;COLOR: maroon;FONT-FAMILY: 'Microsoft Sans Serif';"><SPAN class="078054312-05112007">http://www.budget101.com/Articles/article35.htm
    <SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt;COLOR: maroon;FONT-FAMILY: 'Microsoft Sans Serif';"><SPAN class="078054312-05112007"><FONT face="Century" color="#000000" size="3">I would elaborate right now, but my Outlook keeps locking up. argh.
    <SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt;COLOR: maroon;FONT-FAMILY: 'Microsoft Sans Serif';"><SPAN class="078054312-05112007"><FONT face="Century" color="#000000" size="3">~Liss

Susan Martin

<FONT face="Tahoma">When I used coupons I used envelopes to separate them and then put all the envelopes in a shoe box. That way I could carry the box with me to the grocery store and set it in the child seat. One envelope might be labeled, "Breakfast foods, cereal, etc." Another might be labeled, "Household cleansers" another, "Body soap, bath products".
    <FONT face="Tahoma">Susan
    [quote]
    ----- Original Message -----
    Sent: Sunday, November 04, 2007 9:10 PM

<DIV class="Section1">
    <FONT face="Microsoft Sans Serif" color="maroon" size="4"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt;COLOR: maroon;FONT-FAMILY: 'Microsoft Sans Serif';">I know it has been discussed before, but I am fixing to start using coupons heavily and I need a good way to organize them. Right now, I have a small box that I separated categories with index card dividers but I want to see if there is a better way to keep up with what I have at a glance, or how to keep multiple copies of coupons together. And of course, manage the expiration date. I know some people use baseball card organizers, exactly how does that work?
    <FONT face="Times New Roman" color="blue" size="3"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt;COLOR: blue;">
    <FONT face="NokieBrushHMK" color="maroon" size="4"><SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal;FONT-SIZE: 13.5pt;COLOR: maroon;FONT-FAMILY: NokieBrushHMK;">
    <FONT face="NokieBrushHMK" color="blue" size="4"><SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal;FONT-SIZE: 13.5pt;COLOR: blue;FONT-FAMILY: NokieBrushHMK;">
    <DIV id="ygrp-actbar"><SPAN class="left">Messages in this topic (<SPAN class="bld">1) <SPAN class="bld">Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic
    <DIV id="ygrp-grft">

No virus found in this incoming message.
    Version: 7.5.503 / Virus Database: 269.15.22/1111 - Release Date: 11/5/2007 4:36 AM

Thomas & Tracy Harris

I love the baseball card organizers.....basically you decide how you want to organize.

I have mine by category of product, example - air fresheners, baking, breakfast, etc, etc.....I pull the expired, add the news, consolidate the pages, takes me like 15 min to go through and pull my coupons for the next weeks shopping - if that long, because I can "see" all of them....in boxes, accordian files, etc, you have to page through each coupon.

Thomas & Tracy Harris
    TNT Quarter Horses home of:
    TNTS Jack Be Blue - 2004 AQHA Buckskin Stallion
    TNTS Medicine Man - 2005 AQHA Perlino Stallion

Sent: Sunday, November 04, 2007 10:10 PM

<DIV class="Section1">
    <FONT face="Microsoft Sans Serif" color="maroon" size="4"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt;COLOR: maroon;FONT-FAMILY: 'Microsoft Sans Serif';">I am hosting the coupon class I asked about earlier since I have enough people interested and I would like to offer different ways of organizing them.
    <FONT face="NokieBrushHMK" color="maroon" size="5"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 16pt;COLOR: maroon;FONT-FAMILY: NokieBrushHMK;">Melissa V.
    <FONT face="NokieBrushHMK" color="maroon" size="4"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt;COLOR: maroon;FONT-FAMILY: NokieBrushHMK;">The LORD replied:
    <FONT face="NokieBrushHMK" color="maroon" size="4"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt;COLOR: maroon;FONT-FAMILY: NokieBrushHMK;">"My son, my precious child,<FONT face="NokieBrushHMK" color="maroon" size="4"><SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: bold;FONT-SIZE: 14pt;COLOR: maroon;FONT-FAMILY: NokieBrushHMK;">
    <FONT face="NokieBrushHMK"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: NokieBrushHMK;">I love you and I would never leave you.
    <FONT face="NokieBrushHMK"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: NokieBrushHMK;">During your times of trial and suffering,
    <FONT face="NokieBrushHMK"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: NokieBrushHMK;">when you see only one set of footprints,
    <FONT face="NokieBrushHMK"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: NokieBrushHMK;">it was then that I carried you."
    <FONT face="NokieBrushHMK" color="maroon" size="4"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt;COLOR: maroon;FONT-FAMILY: NokieBrushHMK;">

No virus found in this outgoing message.
    Version: 7.5.503 / Virus Database: 269.15.20/1107 - Release Date: 11/3/2007 11:22 AM

Liss

<SPAN class="093040922-06112007"><FONT color="#000080">>> Tracey said: I love the baseball card organizers.....basically you decide how you want to organize <FONT color="#000080"><SPAN class="093040922-06112007">I have mine by category of product, example - air fresheners, baking, breakfast, etc, etc...<SPAN class="093040922-06112007"><< <SPAN class="093040922-06112007">
    <SPAN class="093040922-06112007">Me too! I LOVE the baseball organizers, you just have to clip your coupons really well, lol. They don't always fit great. I Put in the longer coupons in the bottom pockets so they don't "overhang" out of the top and get bent (or crinkled and "un-scan-able"). For categories I have Baking Goods, Junk (this is pretty much all the middle isles of any grocery store- convenience foods, chips), bread & crackers, Coffee & Beverages (juices etc), Refrigerated & Dairy, Frozen foods, Cleaners & Detergents, Personal care- (soaps, razors, etc), Dental Care, Pets.
    <SPAN class="093040922-06112007">
    <FONT color="#000080"><SPAN class="093040922-06112007">>>..I pull the expired, add the news, consolidate the pages, takes me like 15 min to go through and pull my coupons for the next weeks shopping - if that long, because I can "see" all of them....in boxes, accordian files, etc, you have to page through each coupon.<SPAN class="093040922-06112007"><FONT color="#000080"><<
    <SPAN class="093040922-06112007">I actually bring the binder with me when I go shopping. Before I go shopping, I putany coupons for free items in the very front, just so I don't forget them. I also put an envelope in the front of the binder, so as I walk through the store any time I pick up a product that I have a coupon for, I can pull the coupon and put it in the envelope, so I don't forget to use it, or spend time at the register searching for the right coupon.
    <SPAN class="093040922-06112007">When I'm clipping the coupons out of the paper, etc, I clip them ALL. I don't have babies- my boys are getting quite tall these days, nor do I use very many of the medicine, vitamin, metamucil, type coupons. I usually just give these types of couponsto whomever can use them.
    <SPAN class="093040922-06112007">I have seen free programs that you can download from the web to keep track of what coupons you have on hand, but you have to type in each coupon into them. I was kind of thinking- I am not that dedicated, lol. We cut out at least 100 coupons this week out of the papers and I couldn't imagine trying to type in each of them.
    <SPAN class="093040922-06112007">A while back one of our members contacted me about a reliable company online that she has used for a couple years and absolutely Loves their services. She was so ecstatic about it that she searched for my home phone number online to call me and tell me about it <grin>. I checked them out and I agree, they really are a great site.
    <SPAN class="093040922-06112007">Here's the Link: <TABLE cellSpacing="1" cellPadding="2" width="100%" border="0">

<TD class="AdminTitle" colSpan="2">
    <TR vAlign="top">
    <TD colSpan="2">

www.thecouponclippers.com

<SPAN class="093040922-06112007">As far as buying on Ebay or Craigslist, etc, I don't think I would venture a try. I'd rather stick with reputable companies.
    <SPAN class="093040922-06112007">~Liss

Thomas & Tracy Harris

I've been taking my binder with me more and more, sometimes I forget it....but I rarely buy things that are NOT on my list.

I to my grocery game and print my list out, clip the coupons to the list, and put it in my binder and away we go.

Thomas & Tracy Harris
    TNT Quarter Horses home of:
    TNTS Jack Be Blue - 2004 AQHA Buckskin Stallion
    TNTS Medicine Man - 2005 AQHA Perlino Stallion

[quote]
    Sent: Tuesday, November 06, 2007 5:43 PM
    Subject: RE: Budget101.com : How do you organize and manage your coupons?
    <SPAN class="093040922-06112007"><SPAN class="093040922-06112007">

<SPAN class="093040922-06112007">Me too! I LOVE the baseball organizers, you just have to clip your coupons really well, lol. They don't always fit great. I Put in the longer coupons in the bottom pockets so they don't "overhang" out of the top and get bent (or crinkled and "un-scan-able"). For categories I have Baking Goods, Junk (this is pretty much all the middle isles of any grocery store- convenience foods, chips), bread & crackers, Coffee & Beverages (juices etc), Refrigerated & Dairy, Frozen foods, Cleaners & Detergents, Personal care- (soaps, razors, etc), Dental Care, Pets.

Yolonda

I personally use the baseball card pages,
    too. I have mine separated into the different aisles in my main grocery
    store so I just flip from one page to the other as I go down the aisles.
    I can’t count the times I’ve had people stop me to look at my
    book. However, I tell everyone into couponing – the only system
    that will work is the one you actually use!! My system has evolved over
    the last 20 years and each one was comfortable and I would use it
    faithfully. A fancy binder is only clutter if you don’t use
    it. My suggestion is to find what works for you~

12.0pt;color:_,_._,___