Grilled Chicken and Apple Sandwich

Grilled Chicken and Apple Sandwich 12-oz. can dark and light meat chicken, drained 1/2 cup mayonnaise 1 tbs lemon juice 1-1/2 cups grated Swiss cheese 2 stalks celery, chopped 1 apple, finely chopped 1/2 cup grated carrot 12 slices whole wheat bread 2 tbs butter

apple, bread, chicken, cheese, sandwiches, chopped, carrot, celery, grill, swiss, butter, grated, grilled, mayonnaise, sandwich, lemon, juice, serves, brown, begins, heat, turning, springsmile, golden, cook, dual-contact, medium, toasted, indoor, minutes, melt, 1-1/2, cups, stalks, finely, drained, meat, 12-oz, dark, light, slices, spread, covered, make, combine, wheat, small, bowl

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Heart Grilled Chicken and Apple Sandwich

12-oz. can dark and light meat chicken, drained
    1/2 cup mayonnaise
    1 tbs lemon juice
    1-1/2 cups grated Swiss cheese
    2 stalks celery, chopped
    1 apple, finely chopped
    1/2 cup grated carrot
    12 slices whole wheat bread

2 tbs butter
    In small bowl, combine chicken, mayonnaise, lemon juice, Swiss cheese, celery, apple, and carrot. Make sandwiches with the bread. Spread outside of sandwiches with butter. Grill the sandwiches, covered, over medium heat, turning once, until cheese begins to melt and bread is toasted. Or cook on dual-contact indoor grill for 3-5 minutes until bread is golden brown. Serves 6.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mos For This Useful Post:

Smart Budgeter
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Grilled Chicken and Apple Sandwich

Quote Originally Posted by mos View Post
    Or cook on dual-contact indoor grill for 3-5 minutes until bread is golden brown. Serves 6.
    This is very good in sun dried tomato wraps for lunch! I used leftover chicken that I grilled, rather than canned chicken. I knew I wasn't going to have time to grill it but we lightly heated them in the counter toaster oven. Delish!
    Tracy
    Cooking~Cooking~Cooking- it's all I do!

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Grilled Chicken and Apple Sandwich

Good for you! Like you, I would prefer using leftover chicken, but when there's a sale for the 'good' canned stuff I'll stock up as I try to keep my 'emergency' food supply stocked with some decent variety. I then find myself needing to rotate stock as I haven't experienced a crisis (storms, power outages, etc.) and need to use stuff on hand. Since there's no crisis, I can be creative with non-emergency ingredients mixed with the canned stuff;-D
    I'll have to try this with the tomato wraps...I LOVE the spinach!!!