Money Orders

Money Orders

This is a good idea. My husband does the same thing and then we have stuff bounce. Carrie I am glad taht I am NOT the only one who goes through this. I really thought that I was crazy doign this. I may spend $ on the money orders. BUT like I said it is so worth the peace of mind. <FONT

bounce, center, color, comic, crazy, entry, face, hat, idea, kay, live, mary, mind, mom, money, site, size, spend, stuff, thought, orders, consultant, peace, worth, http://www.marykay.com/dbleau, wife, 03/25/97, jeff, 09/28/02, http://christmasbaby71.spaces.live.com, stephanie, 08/11/91, blog, check, kyle, www.marykay.com/dbleau, doign, carrie, thing, good, husband, glad, taht

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Money Orders

Dee Bleau

Default Money Orders

This is a good idea. My husband does the same thing and then we have stuff bounce. Carrie I am glad taht I am NOT the only one who goes through this. I really thought that I was crazy doign this. I may spend $ on the money orders. BUT like I said it is so worth the peace of mind.

<FONT face="comic sans ms" color="#ff0000" size="3">Dee <FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color="#ff0000" size="3">Mary Kay Consultant @ <FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color="#ff0000" size="3">Mom to Kyle 08/11/91 <FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color="#ff0000" size="3">Mom to Stephanie 03/25/97 <FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color="#ff0000" size="3">Wife to Jeff
    09/28/02
    <FONT color="#800080">http://christmasbaby71.spaces.live.com/ <FONT color="#800080">Check out My New Blog SIte!!!

Carrie Black

Default Money Orders

You aren't the only one. Glad to know I am not alone.
    Carrie

Dee Bleau <dejeffbleau@yahoo.com> wrote: This is a good idea. My husband does the same thing and then we have stuff bounce. Carrie I am glad taht I am NOT the only one who goes through this. I really thought that I was crazy doign this. I may spend $ on the money orders. BUT like I said it is so worth the peace of mind.

<FONT face="comic sans ms" color="#ff0000" size="3">Dee <FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color="#ff0000" size="3">Mary Kay Consultant @ www.marykay.com/dbleau <FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color="#ff0000" size="3">Mom to Kyle 08/11/91 <FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color="#ff0000" size="3">Mom to Stephanie 03/25/97 <FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color="#ff0000" size="3">Wife to Jeff 09/28/02 <FONT color="#800080">http://christmasbaby71.spaces.live.com/ <FONT color="#800080">Check out My New Blog SIte!!!

&#32;_____________________________________________ _____

herberkids3

Default Money Orders

We pay our bills by money order as well. We don't even have a

checking account, or debit card. We have some low limit credit cards

that we keep on hand for emergencies, or for groceries when we have

a bit more of a "broke" month.

--- In Budget101_@yahoogroups.com, Dee Bleau <dejeffbleau@...> wrote:

>

> This is a good idea. My husband does the same thing and then we

have stuff bounce.

>

> Carrie

>

> I am glad taht I am NOT the only one who goes through this. I

really thought that I was crazy doign this. I may spend $ on the

money orders. BUT like I said it is so worth the peace of mind.

>

>

> Dee

> Mary Kay Consultant @

> Mom to Kyle 08/11/91

> Mom to Stephanie 03/25/97

> Wife to Jeff 09/28/02

> http://christmasbaby71.spaces.live.com/

> Check out My New Blog SIte!!!

>

phillyanj@aol.com

Default Money Orders

When we are really strapped for cash, which is almost always, LOL, I buy money orders too! It is worth the 59 cents each to know they aren't going to bounce.

See what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.

Jenn Custer

Default Money Orders

<DIV dir="ltr" align="left"><SPAN class="031483712-29102007"><FONT face="Courier New" color="#0000ff" size="5">I agree we do everything by money orders that way we know it will not bounce. and we know the money is there because u must pay cash for them.
    <DIV dir="ltr" align="left"><SPAN class="031483712-29102007"><FONT face="Courier New" color="#0000ff" size="5">
    <DIV dir="ltr" align="left"><SPAN class="031483712-29102007"><FONT face="Courier New" color="#0000ff" size="5">They are 25 cents at Wal-Mart just to let everyone know
    <DIV dir="ltr" align="left"><SPAN class="031483712-29102007"><FONT face="Courier New" color="#0000ff" size="5">
    <DIV dir="ltr" align="left"><SPAN class="031483712-29102007"><FONT face="Courier New" color="#0000ff" size="5">Jenn

From: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Budget101_@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Dee Bleau
    Sent: Sunday, October 28, 2007 6:47 PM
    To: budget101_@yahoogroups.com
    Subject: Budget101.com : Money Orders

This is a good idea. My husband does the same thing and then we have stuff bounce.

Carrie

I am glad taht I am NOT the only one who goes through this. I really thought that I was crazy doign this. I may spend $ on the money orders. BUT like I said it is so worth the peace of mind.

<FONT face="comic sans ms" color="#ff0000" size="3">Dee
    <FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color="#ff0000" size="3">Mary Kay Consultant @ www.marykay.com/dbleau
    <FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color="#ff0000" size="3">Mom to Kyle 08/11/91
    <FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color="#ff0000" size="3">Mom to Stephanie 03/25/97
    <FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color="#ff0000" size="3">Wife to Jeff 09/28/02
    <FONT color="#800080">http://christmasbaby71.spaces.live.com/
    <FONT color="#800080">Check out My New Blog SIte!!!

Gail Moncivais

Default Money Orders

Hi Carrie and Dee
    You are not the only one. I was banned from having a checking account. My own fault but when you get paid once a month it can some times be hard to balance out everything.
    I know cash my checks at my dad's bank putting some money in his account - I owe him more than I can ever repay- and then go to a local check cashing place to pay all my utilities except for the sewer bill, I purchase money orders there for $.25 and I usually only need 4 of them so that is only a dollar.
    As a medically retired my checks come on the 1st and the 3rd and that money has to stretch. My landlord lives in the other half of the building so I only have to go next door and I pay him in cash.
    Gail

Carrie Black <Tessasmomy@yahoo.com> wrote: You aren't the only one. Glad to know I am not alone.
    Carrie

Dee Bleau <dejeffbleau@yahoo.com> wrote: This is a good idea. My husband does the same thing and then we have stuff bounce. Carrie I am glad taht I am NOT the only one who goes through this. I really thought that I was crazy doign this. I may spend $ on the money orders. BUT like I said it is so worth the peace of mind.

<div align="center"><font color="#ff0000" face="comic sans ms" size="3">Dee <div align="center"><font color="#ff0000" face="Comic Sans MS" size="3">Mary Kay Consultant @ <div align="center"><font color="#ff0000" face="Comic Sans MS" size="3">Mom to Kyle 08/11/91 <div align="center"><font color="#ff0000" face="Comic Sans MS" size="3">Mom to Stephanie 03/25/97 <div align="center"><font color="#ff0000" face="Comic Sans MS" size="3">Wife to Jeff 09/28/02 <div align="center"><font color="#800080">http://christmasbaby71.spaces.live.com/ <div align="center"><font color="#800080">Check out My New Blog SIte!!! <!--End group email
    -->[/quote]

http://mail.yahoo.com [/quote]

&#32;_____________________________________________ _____

herberkids3

Default Money Orders

We learned the hard way to go through the credit union for ours. If

it gets lost in the mail, the bank can check to see if it's been

cashed, and will cancel it for free and make out a new one for us.

The $.59 Western Union ones won't cancel unless they haven't been

paid out in 90 days, and you have to forfeit a % or dollar amount

off the money order to cancel it. That can be a real pain in the

bottom.

Our credit union charges $2 each, but it's worth it to know that if

something DOES happen, we're covered by them. I know some banks can

be more expensive. I have an account in my own name at 5th/3rd Bank,

and they charge $5 for the money orders. I declined to get it there,

and withdrew the money needed and got them at the credit union we

bank at instead.

--- In Budget101_@yahoogroups.com, phillyanj@... wrote:

>

> When we are really strapped for cash, which is almost always, LOL,

I buy

> money orders too! It is worth the 59 cents each to know they

aren't going to

> bounce.

>

>

>

> ************************************** See what's new at

http://www.aol.com

>

donnalawn@verizon.net>

Default Money Orders

I'll get a cashier's check at one of our credit unions. Its $1 at the one for my

husband's work and free at our's. Same idea, the money is in the bank and

traceable.

For very small amounts, say under $25, I might go thru the post office. Saves a

trip to the credit unions. I haven't had any problems. I always keep the receipt

in case there is an issue.

=====================

Date: 2007/10/29 Mon AM 11:20:11 CDT

To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com

Subject: Re: Budget101.com : Money Orders

We learned the hard way to go through the credit union for ours. If

it gets lost in the mail, the bank can check to see if it's been

cashed, and will cancel it for free and make out a new one for us.

The $.59 Western Union ones won't cancel unless they haven't been

paid out in 90 days, and you have to forfeit a % or dollar amount

off the money order to cancel it. That can be a real pain in the

bottom.

Our credit union charges $2 each, but it's worth it to know that if

something DOES happen, we're covered by them. I know some banks can

be more expensive. I have an account in my own name at 5th/3rd Bank,

and they charge $5 for the money orders. I declined to get it there,

and withdrew the money needed and got them at the credit union we

bank at instead.

--- In Budget101_@yahoogroups.com, phillyanj@... wrote:

>