• Mixes
  • Money Matters
  • Recipes
  • Tips-n-Tricks
  • Contact Us
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
      Maja Drouin

Default Keeping the lunch cold at school

Hello, I am looking for advice on how to keep my sons school lunch (sandwiches etc) cold and fresh. We used quality forreduced lunch for him but this year we dont, now we have to pay $2.10 pr day, which we find expensive. We still let him eat hot lunch at school but only 2 days a week,he picks the days him self, the other 3 days I pack a school lunch for him.How do you manage to keep your kidslunch cold, without buying any expensive lunchboxes or coolers etc.I do have a few lunch boxes, but without built in coolers - any great suggestions. Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Maja, MN

<table><td> Trænger du til at se det store billede? Kelkoo giver dig gode tilbud på LCD TV!

baileygirl617@embarqmail.com

Hi,

I also pack lunch for my daughter and I use a small flexible icepack. I found this at walmart for $1 or so. You can find them in the school section before school starts and after that they are in the section with the coolers and other lunch bags near sporting goods. Hope this helps Jenn
      ----- Original Message -----
      To: "Budget101" <budget101_@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2007 9:32:11 AM (GMT-0600) America/Chicago
      Subject: Budget101.com : Keeping the lunch cold at school

<DIV style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff;">

Hello,

I am looking for advice on how to keep my sons school lunch (sandwiches etc) cold and fresh. We used quality forreduced lunch for him but this year we dont, now we have to pay $2.10 pr day, which we find expensive. We still let him eat hot lunch at school but only 2 days a week,he picks the days him self, the other 3 days I pack a school lunch for him.How do you manage to keep your kidslunch cold, without buying any expensive lunchboxes or coolers etc.I do have a few lunch boxes, but without built in coolers - any great suggestions. Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
      Maja, MN

<TABLE>

<TD>Trænger du til at se det store billede? Kelkoo giver dig gode tilbud på LCD TV!

Kelli

You can buy juice boxes on sale and freeze them. By lunch time, it will bethawed so he can drink it and lunch is kept cool. Or, you can make your own ice pack by combining water with a couple of drops of food coloring and a bit of rubbing alcohol. Double bag it in ziplock baggies and freeze. It will be frozen but not solid.
      Kelli
      [quote]
      ----- Original Message -----
      To: Budget101
      Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2007 9:32 AM

Hello,

I am looking for advice on how to keep my sons school lunch (sandwiches etc) cold and fresh. We used quality forreduced lunch for him but this year we dont, now we have to pay $2.10 pr day, which we find expensive. We still let him eat hot lunch at school but only 2 days a week,he picks the days him self, the other 3 days I pack a school lunch for him.How do you manage to keep your kidslunch cold, without buying any expensive lunchboxes or coolers etc.I do have a few lunch boxes, but without built in coolers - any great suggestions. Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
      Maja, MN

<TABLE>

<TD>Trænger du til at se det store billede? Kelkoo giver dig gode tilbud på LCD TV!

No virus found in this incoming message.
      Checked by AVG Free Edition.
      Version: 7.5.488 / Virus Database: 269.14.8/1063 - Release Date: 10/11/2007 9:11 AM

K Ranagan

My daughter found the cold packs that you freeze and put it the luchbox. The lunchbox is somewhat insulated, so these work perfectly. They were just 99cents per pak ( we use 2 ) at the 99cent store. He likes them because they are the "Cars" theme.

Maja Drouin <drouin_maja@yahoo.dk> wrote: Hello, I am looking for advice on how to keep my sons school lunch (sandwiches etc) cold and fresh. We used quality forreduced lunch for him but this year we dont, now we have to pay $2.10 pr day,
      which we find expensive. We still let him eat hot lunch at school but only 2 days a week,he picks the days him self, the other 3 days I pack a school lunch for him.How do you manage to keep your kidslunch cold, without buying any expensive lunchboxes or coolers etc.I do have a few lunch boxes, but without built in coolers - any great suggestions. Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Maja, MN
      <TABLE> <TD>Trænger du til at se det store billede? Kelkoo giver dig gode tilbud på LCD TV!

&#32;
      Looking for a deal? Find great prices on flights and hotels with Yahoo! FareChase.

ro so

We do it several ways. One way is to buy the smaller ice pack, the one we bought was about $2 and we are still using it after 15 years. One that my husband does is that to cut prices he makes koolaide (doesn't understand that the 10 pounds he gained could be because of this) but he freezes the koolaide inpop bottles and then puts his lunch on top. Some times my girls have to take a lunch that they can throw away everything so we freeze whatever drink they take. It keeps the lunch cold until they eat but is thawed out to drink. Becky

Maja Drouin <drouin_maja@yahoo.dk> wrote: Hello, I am looking for advice on how to keep my sons school lunch (sandwiches etc) cold and fresh. We used quality forreduced lunch for him but this year we dont, now we have to pay $2.10 pr day, which we find expensive. We still let him eat hot lunch at school but only 2 days a week,he picks the days him self, the other 3 days I pack a school lunch for him.How do you manage to keep your kidslunch cold, without buying any expensive lunchboxes or coolers etc.I do have a few lunch boxes, but without built in coolers - any great suggestions. Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Maja, MN
      <TABLE> <TD>Trænger du til at se det store billede? Kelkoo giver dig gode tilbud på LCD TV!

&#32;
      <a href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51201/*http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html...V0b3MtbmV3Y2Fy
      ">Check out </a> the hottest 2008 models today at Yahoo! Autos.

Patricia Coss

Blue Packs. Lunch box size are I think under $1 at Walmart. They are in the sporting good section. They last a long time and work very well. Patti

----- Original Message ----
      To: Budget101 <budget101_@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2007 10:32:11 AM

Hello,

Thanks,
      Maja, MN

<TABLE>

<a href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=51201/*http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html...V0b3MtbmV3Y2Fy
      ">Check out </a> the hottest 2008 models today at Yahoo! Autos.

herberkids3

I used to freeze the juice boxes, so it would act as an ice pack in

the lunch box. I also invested in a few of the $1.00 hard ice packs

to keep on hand in the freezer. The small plastic Gerber juice

bottles worked really well for "on the fly" ice packs, too.

We would pack the lunch the night before, and keep it in the fridge

over night in the lunch box, so that would be cold for a little bit

as well. We got insulated lunch boxes, but they weren't anymore

expensive than the character ones. Then add the frozen juice box in

the morning, or an ice pack, and send them on their way.

--- In Budget101_@yahoogroups.com, Maja Drouin <drouin_maja@...>

wrote:

>

> Hello,

>

> I am looking for advice on how to keep my sons school lunch

(sandwiches etc) cold and fresh. We used quality for reduced lunch

for him but this year we dont, now we have to pay $2.10 pr day,

which we find expensive. We still let him eat hot lunch at school

but only 2 days a week, he picks the days him self, the other 3 days

I pack a school lunch for him. How do you manage to keep your kids

lunch cold, without buying any expensive lunchboxes or coolers etc.

I do have a few lunch boxes, but without built in coolers - any

great suggestions. Any and all advice will be greatly appreciated.

>

> Thanks,

> Maja, MN

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

>

> Trænger du til at se det store billede? Kelkoo giver dig gode

tilbud på LCD TV!

>

bludrgn@comcast.net

you usually can find insulated lunch boxes at garage sales. I bring my lunch to work and have some of the gel ice packs that I use every day. You can also freeze sandwiches or the bread to make tham withand they will thaw by lunch time. Some people freeze the drink to keep lunches cold.

Carol from Pueblo

<BLOCKQUOTE style="BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid;">-------------- Original message --------------

Hello,

I am looking for advice on how to keep my sons school lunch (sandwiches etc) cold and fresh.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast