Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Bean Cakes
03-26-2012, 04:10 PM #1
- Join Date
- Nov 2011
- Blog Entries
* 3 cups cooked Great Northern Beans
* 1/4 cup flour-(depending on amount of liquid in beans, amount could be more or less)
* 2 tsp butter
* 1 tbsp canola oil
* 1/2 small onion-finely minced or grated
* 1/2 tsp minced garlic
* 1 egg - *OPTIONAL*
* s and p to taste
1. In a medium bowl, mash beans with a fork or potato masher. Add onion, garlic, egg, s and p, and flour. Mix until well combined.
2. Shape mixture into patties.
3. Melt butter and oil in a large heavy bottomed skillet over medium heat.
4. Add bean patties. Brown on both sides until crispy.
1/2 cup cooked shredded ham can also be added to mixture before cooking.
Can be served with mashed potatoes and gravy, simple dinner salad, and rolls.
**Next day for either lunch or dinner, reheat left over bean cakes and serve as sandwiches on toasted whole wheat bread with favorite toppings.
By FreebieQueen in forum Coupons Galore $Replies: 0Last Post: 06-13-2011, 05:41 AM
By kristalldrache in forum Left Over LayeringReplies: 2Last Post: 07-27-2009, 03:58 PM
By faxonfive in forum General RecipesReplies: 0Last Post: 10-09-2008, 11:03 AM
By FreebieQueen in forum FreebiesReplies: 0Last Post: 10-19-2007, 07:50 AM
By MissDaisy in forum General RecipesReplies: 0Last Post: 08-19-2007, 11:08 AM