Thread: Preemie Outfits

debeinman@aol.com

Default Preemie Outfits

My niece had her baby boy Saturday. He weighed 4 lbs. 12 ozs.. The preemie outfits are to small for him. I found one or two outfits that were up to five pounds. He had surgery today and is possibly facing surgery again in a few days if he doesn't show some improvements. We know that he want be wearing the outfits much and when he does it may not be for long, but his mom would like a few that doesn't swallow him up completely. Has anyone else had to deal with a preemie andhave a few tips I could pass along to my niece.

God Bless!
    Thanks ahead for any suggestions!
    Debbie

See what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.

Elizabeth Head

Default Preemie Outfits

My daughter (now 18 y.o.) was a 4 lb 4 oz preemie -- making her debut 5 1/2 weeks early.She was medically fragile and in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit for a good while after her birth.Initially upon discharge from the hospitalwe dressed her in doll clothing we found at Toys R Us. It was much cheaper than buying specialty preemie clothing anywhere else and worked out okay for us. I was always careful to look at the neck closure as some of the fasters on these outfits appeared more decorative than practical (although now I imagine Velcro is probably more typical than teeny, tiny buttons I remember). Other than that Jen initially worebaby t-shirts, a preemie Pampers diaper and was swadled in a flannel receiving blanket quite a bit. Back then we purchased preemie diapers with home delivery via UPS by calling the company -- number was initially provided to me by ahelpful
    nurse. Best wishes for the new addition to your family. The medical issues seem alot scarier when thebaby is "fragile" butthe medical profession has advanced quite a bit in handling preemie issues since my daughter was bornand faithful prayer is oh so powerful as well

debeinman@aol.com wrote: My niece had her baby boy Saturday. He weighed 4 lbs. 12 ozs.. The preemie outfits are to small for him. I found one or two outfits that
    were up to five pounds. He had surgery today and is possibly facing surgery again in a few days if he doesn't show some improvements. We know that he want be wearing the outfits much and when he does it may not be for long, but his mom would like a few that doesn't swallow him up completely. Has anyone else had to deal with a preemie andhave a few tips I could pass along to my niece. God Bless! Thanks ahead for any suggestions! Debbie

<FONT style="FONT: 10pt ARIAL, SAN-SERIF;COLOR: black;"> See what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.

&#32;
    Pinpoint customers who are looking for what you sell.

Tea

Default Preemie Outfits

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
    When Ryan was born - he weighed in at a whopping 2lbs 2-1/2 oz. which
    was 20 yrs ago. We purchased several doll clothes, best of luck.

Tea.

debeinman@aol.com wrote:
    <blockquote cite="mid:bcc.1324da35.3417319d@aol.com" type="cite">

<font id="role_document" color="#000000" face="Arial" size="2">
    My niece had her baby boy Saturday. He weighed 4 lbs. 12 ozs..
    his mom would like a few that doesn't swallow him up completely. Has
    anyone else had to deal with a preemie andhave a few tips I could pass
    along to my niece.

<span style="color:
    [/quote]

Gail Moncivais

Default Preemie Outfits

Hi Debbie Did you know WalMart carries some premie clothes and diapers. I have seen them when I was looking for the little girl born to daughter-in-law's brother she was 2lb 13 oz. and so small we were looking through the baby section and came across a selection of sleepers, warm clothes for premies, they even carry dresses and a few boy things to.
    I wish them all the happyness a new born baby can bring. Yes he is small but he will grow. I am sure of it.
    Yours in Christ.
    Gail

<span style="font-style: italic;"><span style="font-weight: bold;">And the child shall be called blessed.

&#32;

Shape Yahoo! in your own image. Join our Network Research Panel today!

Lori

Default Preemie Outfits

I hope everything goes well with his surgery. My son was born 8 weeks early and was 3 lb 15 oz. He's been home for 4 weeks now after a 6 week stay in the NICU and is doing great. I mostly had short sleeved body suits and those t-shirts that wrap around the front and snap. He was swaddled all the time once he come out of the isolette so the short sleeves weren't a problem and they didn't seem so incredibly huge on him when half the sleeves weren't hanging off his arms, plus it makes it a lot easier to deal with all the various attachments. I also took in receiving blankets, so much nicer than the ones they had in the hospital. Plus it made me feel more like his mom to being doing his laundry. (Can't believe I actually liked doing laundry! lol) Ok, here's my random list of advice. Take advantage of all
    the services the hospital offers. Find a support group if that sort of thing works for you. Ask lots of questions, sometimes the staff there are so used to what goes on there that they don't think of offering what's available. I found the nurses to be an invaluable resource. If the schedule they have him on doesn't work for maximizing your visiting time then ask them to adjust it. I had a half hourdrive to the hospital so the number of times I could visit in a daywas limited. It was really important to me to be able to hold him when I was there. Don't feel bad you can't be there all the time and especially don't feel bad if you just can't take it and have to leave after a short visit. It can be completely overwhelming at times and you have to take care of yourself so you can take care of him when he comes home. Don't read too much into how nurses react
    tohow often you visit or how long you visitor ask when you're coming in next or whatever. (I had some real guilt about that sometimes, silly waste of time really.) They just want to know so they can arrange things to maximize your time with him. It can sometimes be hard to do but be agressive about getting your questions answered and getting what you want,it's worth doing. The staff there are probably really busy so they might need a little prodding to be as informative as you need. Write down your questions as they come to you. It's easy to forget them when you have the opportunity to ask. Pay attention to how the nurses do what they do, ask them if you can do it instead, particularly routine stuff like changing diapers, swaddling, taking his tempand such. Don't be afraid of all his attachments (monitors, tubes, etc.,) just learn to work with them,
    they'll be gone soon. Take lots of pictures, they change so fast you'll appreciate having them. Most important, hang in there. Carry kleenex. It sucks to deal with all that and there'll be times when you hate the NICU and everyone that works there but it'll pass. And hopefully she'll have him home soon. Take care, Lori.

debeinman@aol.com wrote: My niece had her baby boy Saturday. He weighed 4 lbs. 12 ozs.. The preemie outfits are to small for him. I found one or two outfits that were up to five pounds. He had surgery today and is possibly facing surgery again in a few days if he doesn't show some improvements. We know that he want be wearing the outfits much and when he does it may not be for long, but his mom would like a few that doesn't swallow him up completely. Has anyone else had to deal with a preemie andhave a few tips I could pass along to my niece. God Bless! Thanks ahead for any suggestions! Debbie

<FONT style="FONT: 10pt ARIAL, SAN-SERIF;COLOR: black;"> See what's new at AOL.com and Make AOL Your Homepage.

&#32;
    Building a website is a piece of cake.
    Yahoo! Small Business gives you all the tools to get online.