Results 1 to 1 of 1
08-22-2007, 06:10 PM #1KellyGuest
Burrito BLT Sandwiches
Prep Time:15 min
Start to Finish:15 min
8 slices bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
2 cups bite-size pieces lettuce
1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (6 ounces)
1 large tomato, chopped (1 cup)
1/3 cup mayonnaise or salad dressing
6 flour tortillas (8 inches in diameter)
1. Toss all ingredients except tortillas.
2. Spread one-sixth of bacon mixture on each tortilla. Fold up bottom
third of each tortilla; roll up to form cone shape with folded end at
Chicken BLT Sandwiches
Prep Time:10 min
Start to Finish:30 min
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 1/4 pounds)
1/4 cup Thousand Island dressing
4 whole wheat sandwich buns, split
4 lettuce leaves
8 slices tomato
4 slices bacon, cooked, drained and broken in half
1. Heat oil in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in
oil 15 to 20 minutes, turning once, until juice is no longer pink
when centers of thickest pieces are cut.
2. Spread dressing on cut sides of buns. Layer chicken, lettuce,
tomato and bacon on bottoms of buns. Top with tops of buns.
Black Bean Bagel Sandwiches
Vegetarian BLT--bean, lettuce and tomato--on a bagel!
Prep Time:10 min
Start to Finish:10 min
1 can (15 oz) black beans, drained, rinsed
1/3 cup Thick 'n Chunky salsa
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin or chili powder
4 bagels, cut horizontally in half
2 plum (Roma) tomatoes, sliced
1. In food processor or blender, cover and process beans, salsa and
cumin until smooth.
2. Spread 1/4 cup bean mixture over each of 4 bagel halves. Top with
tomato, lettuce and remaining bagel halves.
Kelly in IL