Deal GURU
    Blog Entries

Default Lemon Garlic Chicken

Lemon Garlic Chicken

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (OR whatever you have on hand or on sale)
    1 tsp dried oregano
    1/2 tsp seasoned salt
    1/4 tsp pepper
    2 tbsp canola or coconut oil
    1/4 water or chicken broth
    3 tbsp lemon juice
    3 garlic cloves-minced
    1 tsp chicken bouillon granules-no MSG
    2 tsp dried parsley
    1 medium onion-sliced
    1/2 tsp lemon zest

1. Combine oregano, salt, and pepper. Rub all of mix into chicken.
    Brown Chicken in oil in a heavy bottomed skillet.
    Transfer to a prepared slow cooker.
    2. Place water/broth, lemon juice, parsley, zest, garlic, onion, and bouillon in skillet. Bring to a boil. Pour over chicken.
    **((Due to time constraints-I've skipped putting these ingredients in the skillet and boiling-I just added them into the slow cooker before I add the browned chicken.))**
    3. Cover; cook on low 5-6 hours.

I usually serve this over either rice or pasta, with a garden salad.

What's a Budget?

Default Re: Lemon Garlic Chicken

I have tried this recipe in the restaurant and I can say that it is taste good. Since, I like it I made my homemade Lemon Garlic Chicken wherein I marinated these for a few hours and then cooked them on the barbecue, and they were really yummy. Easy to prepare and will do it again.