Emergency Disaster Kit Contents

A disaster kit can mean the difference when tragedy strikes. It will provide you with peace of mind and the necessary tools to keep you and your family safe, here's how to prepare your own kit Read More: Article: Emergency Disaster Kit Contents

disaster, contents, emergency, article, tools, family, prepare, read, http://www.budget101.com/content.php?r=3770-emergency-disaster-kit-contents, safe, difference, tragedy, strikes, peace, provide, mind

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Creator & Designer of Budget101.com
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Article: Emergency Disaster Kit Contents

A disaster kit can mean the difference when tragedy strikes. It will provide you with peace of mind and the necessary tools to keep you and your family safe, here's how to prepare your own kit

Read More: Article: Emergency Disaster Kit Contents
    ~Liss~
    Creator & Designer of
    www.Budget101.com
    www.GroceryBudget101.com
    Budget101 Forums
    KitchenMixGifts.Budget101.com

*Newbies*
    Forum How To Guide

**The happiest people are not those with the best or the most of everything, The happiest people know how to make the best of everything they have.**

Smart Budgeter
    small city California. displaced country girl.
    Downloads
    Uploads

Don't forget food and water for your pets... plan for extra.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Great ideas...and don't for get the family pets.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

I 'get' the whole stock up on meds part, but our ins doesnt allow for mutiple fills on medication..this alone would be a disaster-no asthma medication, so I stocked up on coffee, which is a good (no other option) for albuterol...any other advice?

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Add Dial soap (antibacterial), lots of hand sanitizers (small bottles), BUG SPRAY (small pump bottles), toilet paper, feminine hygiene products (tampons) and baby diapers.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

You need a written list of important phone numbers in case you can't access your cell phone memory but have access to a working land line phone. Also, power outages also mean no ATM machines, so keeping some cash on hand for emergencies is a good idea. My "kit" also has paper plates, plastic utensils, paper towels, toilet paper. Baby wipes can be used for general hygiene to avoid using water.

Smart Budgeter
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Article: Emergency Disaster Kit Contents

Quote Originally Posted by mimiRN View Post
    You need a written list of important phone numbers in case you can't access your cell phone memory but have access to a working land line phone. Also, power outages also mean no ATM machines, so keeping some cash on hand for emergencies is a good idea. My "kit" also has paper plates, plastic utensils, paper towels, toilet paper. Baby wipes can be used for general hygiene to avoid using water.
    I would also have a written medication list along with any allergies for each member of the family.
    And I'd probably throw in something to keep yourself amused in you are going to be confined to a small space for a while..

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Article: Emergency Disaster Kit Contents

Quote Originally Posted by frvetere View Post
    I 'get' the whole stock up on meds part, but our ins doesnt allow for mutiple fills on medication..this alone would be a disaster-no asthma medication, so I stocked up on coffee, which is a good (no other option) for albuterol...any other advice?
    My insurance lets me get mail delivery of 3 months at a time. I make sure I refill as soon as they'll let me, because it is before I run out, so if I keep on top of it, I can get about a month ahead. Also, some of my prescriptions are actually cheaper at Walmart, with the $4 a month deals, so I don't go through the insurance company on those. Those I can fill whenever I have an active refill left, with no limitation on when.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast