oatmeal question

oatmeal question

I am getting tired of oatmeal everyday, but it is so cheap, what sort of topping do you guys use to keep yourself from getting bored of oatmeal..any ideas would be great

oatmeal, recipes/links, pics, scroll, question, inspiration, http://www.katheats.com/kaths-tribute-to-oatmeal, tribute

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    still digging' my way out
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default oatmeal question

I am getting tired of oatmeal everyday, but it is so cheap, what sort of topping do you guys use to keep yourself from getting bored of oatmeal..any ideas would be great

Creator & Designer of Budget101.com
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: oatmeal question

~Liss~
    Creator & Designer of
    www.Budget101.com
    www.GroceryBudget101.com
    Budget101 Forums
    KitchenMixGifts.Budget101.com

*Newbies*
    Forum How To Guide

**The happiest people are not those with the best or the most of everything, The happiest people know how to make the best of everything they have.**

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have the same phenomenon; it's good for you and cheap and you get tired of it! A couple of ideas: my husband and I like to put raisins, cut up apples and walnuts in for a hearty breakfast with a lot of flavor and texture. It boosts your fiber and protein also. You can also make up some granola and mix into yogurt.

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I absolutely love oatmeal in the mornings!
    My favorite way is to add milk instead of water. I also add cinnamon, a bit of brown sugar, diced fresh fruit-, (faves are peaches, apples, strawberries, and blueberries), a pinch of flaxseed, 1 tsp butter, and about a tbsp of non fat vanilla yogurt....then I nuke it. Yummy. I usually alternate the fruit to keep from getting tired of the same flavors.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

There are lots of ways to make your oatmeal more healthy and delicious. Just add chocolate powder onto pan with oatmeal and water. For the preparation, top a milk for more delicious taste. You can do some experiment in your oatmeal, like add slice of bananas, strawberries etc.

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

I flavor mine with s/f Torani Syrups which come in a large variety of flavors. My favorite is 'Bacon' which unfortunately is not sugar free.
    I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Smart Budgeter
    Downloads
    Uploads

I don't think I've ever seen the bacon syrup before! That sounds interesting! My nephew puts bacon on just about everything he eats, that would make a fun stocking stuffer for him.

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

It comes in a smaller (12.7 oz) bottle and can be ordered online if you can't find it locally. I got mine at a World Market/CostPlus store. Here's a link including recipes using it.

Bacon Syrup | Torani
    I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast