My girlfriend and I found an American Heritage 1000 series dehydrator. It looked like it has not been used, it didn't come with instructions, and we got it for me for $5.00. I dehydrated zucchini and sweet potatoes. The sweet potatoes were placed in hot water for x amount of minutes and I sprayed some evoo and brown sugar on it. When it was done I went to taste it and almost broke my tooth. The zucchinis were pretty dry also. My girlfriend gave ma a copy of a manual for American Heritage so I did what I was supos to. Can someone please help me with this. I'm looking for your experience, dos and don'ts.

I had purchased veggie chips (sweet potatoes, green beans, carrots, potatoes etc.), it had oil and spices and I loved it as a
snack. If you have made this on your dehydrator can you please share your recipe with me.

Our next project will be beef jerkey with sirloin and or ground meat.

Any help with my new toy is truly appreciated. What veggies and fruits did you do and what did you do different from your manual.

Melissa

Take the Internet to Go: Yahoo!Go puts the Internet in your pocket: mail, news, photos more.