Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Victors

Default There has got to be a better way to vacuum and mop my floors.....pl

<font size="3" color="black" face="Verdana">12.0pt;font-family:Verdana;color:windowtext;">We recently
    pulled all the carpet from the house and replaced it with engineered hard wood
    floors, and ceramic tile. I was against the laminate wood because I was
    scared it would not hold up to our 3 messy kids, my clumsy but loveable husband
    and our now five dogs:
    <font size="3" color="black" face="Verdana">12.0pt;font-family:Verdana;color:windowtext;">
    <font size="3" color="black" face="Verdana">12.0pt;font-family:Verdana;color:windowtext;">A 6 year old female
    housetrained shih Tzu, a now marking the house after almost 2 years of being
    here (due to a new male puppy) 2 year old male miniature dachshund, an 18 week
    old (approx) toy miniature female dachshund (both were rescue dogs), and just
    recently added 9 week old brother and sister mixed lab puppies.
    <font size="3" color="black" face="Verdana">12.0pt;font-family:Verdana;color:windowtext;">All but the labs
    are fixed and they are scheduled to get fixed Friday.
    <font size="3" color="black" face="Verdana">12.0pt;font-family:Verdana;color:windowtext;">
    <font size="3" color="black" face="Verdana">12.0pt;font-family:Verdana;color:windowtext;">My husband was
    against hard wood because of the cost, but I don’t feel the engineered
    wood is much better than laminate, but we agreed to disagree and we have
    engineered wood.
    <font size="3" color="black" face="Verdana">12.0pt;font-family:Verdana;color:windowtext;">Anyway…. As
    you can imagine, we have several accidents a day due to potty training.
    We have doggy doors that go through the laundry room, into the garage, and then
    out the back door but I also park the car in the garage and the new puppies do
    not get the concept of not running out nor getting out of the way of the
    car. So, we run the puppies out of the back door that currently only has a
    metal door and a brand new fully glass storm door. I have recommended to
    hubby we need to possibly take the new door down and either put a storm door up
    with a doggy door built in or just leave a storm door off since the door goes
    to a covered patio, and install a doggy door there since that is where we run
    them out the majority of the time. That should help with the
    potty training, we really can not expect them to go out the doggy door (even
    though they know how to use it to come in and go out sometimes) to potty if we
    are always running them out a different door. Anyway, that is a little
    history on our situation, now my question for recommendations. We are using
    a product called Nature’s Miracle, something expensive we bought from Pet’s
    Mart for the tile after we clean up the mess (it was recommended by a trainer)
    and a product called Simple Solution for the hard floors. It is suppose
    to remove the stain and odor so they won’t use the same area again.
    UMMM…. Not working very well, they potty everywhere even if the area has
    been previously sprayed, and expensive although I did find it cheaper at
    Amazon.com than Pet’s mart and I forgot to check Wal-Mart to see if they
    carry it.
    <font size="3" color="black" face="Verdana">12.0pt;font-family:Verdana;color:windowtext;">Okay, to my
    questions……
    <![if !supportLists]><font size="3" color="black" face="Verdana">12.0pt;font-family:Verdana;color:windowtext;">1.<font size="1" face="Times New Roman"><span style="font:7.0pt "Times New Roman";"> <![endif]><font color="black" face="Verdana"><span style="font-family:Verdana;color:windowtext;">What
    does anyone recommend if it is something other than what we are using for the floors?
    We have tried to start setting a timer to run them out and they are in a crate
    for crate training, although they will pee outside and come in 10 minutes later
    and pee in the floor. The pet’s mart trainer recommended puppy
    pads, the vet said no way, that teaches them it is okay to pee in the house, so
    I guess that is a matter of opinion. 14 years ago, successfully trained a
    terrier mix when we lived in an apartment with puppy pads, but the labs only
    chew on them and the shih Tzu lays on them like they are a cozy bed.
    <![if !supportLists]><font size="3" color="black" face="Verdana">12.0pt;font-family:Verdana;color:windowtext;">2.<font size="1" face="Times New Roman"><span style="font:7.0pt "Times New Roman";"> <![endif]><font color="black" face="Verdana"><span style="font-family:Verdana;color:windowtext;">I
    am currently using the swiffer vacuum that you have to charge, and use the
    cleaning cloths with. (I have a yellow dyson vacuum that I got a great
    deal on during Christmas and I used it everyday on our carpet due to the carpet
    being the previous owners and was not very clean despite several attempts of
    steam cleaning it. When I switched it to bare floors, it stopped sucking up the
    crap, and just slings stuff everywhere with some kind of exhaust air that comes
    out. Then I use the swiffer wet jet along with the cleaning pads and the
    solution for tile and hard wood. I can go over the entire area, then take
    a wet paper towel and wipe down a piece of tile and it is brown and
    dirty. I can’t afford all this solution here, wipes there, spray,
    etc. What kind of vacuum cleaner is specifically designed to be used on bare
    floors? Would it be a canister vacuum? One that doesn’t
    require bags or cleaning cloths would be ideal, but if it works great, I can
    manage. And what about the mopping? Is there a better way to get
    the floors clean? I know with 3 kids and five dogs (the dogs always come
    in dirty and muddy due to an apparent monsoon season we are having here in Oklahoma)
    To keep our socks from being black, it will probably require daily vacuuming
    and mopping. I have been looking at the Hoover Floor mates and the Hoover canister vacuums.

<font size="3" color="black" face="Verdana">12.0pt;font-family:Verdana;color:windowtext;">I just want

something that works great the first time, that doesn’t run out of power
    and needs to be recharged before I get through the whole house; that doesn’t
    require multiple pads and several bottles of cleaner a month (our house is 1580
    Square feet) but we keep the bedrooms and bathrooms closed off so the daily
    cleaning area is not that large.
    <font size="3" color="black" face="Verdana">12.0pt;font-family:Verdana;color:windowtext;">What can anyone
    recommend? I am not a Martha Stewart type of clean freak, but I do enjoy
    a nice clean house, it helps deal with the craziness of homeschooling and
    everything else. I look forward sitting on the edge of my seat with your
    experienced tools and recommendations.
    <font size="3" color="black" face="Verdana">12.0pt;font-family:Verdana;color:windowtext;">Melissa in OK

No virus found in this outgoing message.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Version: 7.5.476 / Virus Database: 269.10.25/926 - Release Date: 7/29/2007 11:14 PM

Nancy Jacobs

Someday, I hope to get a SCUBA which is like a ROOMBA. (Hope I spelled both those right). I have relatives and friends who sware by them. Sounds like the SCUBA would work for you. Next, I don't think maybe you used enough of the Nature's Miracle. That stuff worked great for me. Keep up with the crate training and eventually they will learn. I wish you lots of luck, Nancy J.

&#32;
    Be a better Globetrotter. Get better travel answers from someone who knows.
    Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

Shannon

They have another model now that is a lawn mower. LOL Too funny!!
    [quote]
    ----- Original Message -----

Someday, I hope to get a SCUBA which is like a ROOMBA. (Hope I spelled both those right). I have relatives and friends who sware by them. Sounds like the SCUBA would work for you.

Kanette

<div style="font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12pt;"><DIV style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt;FONT-FAMILY: arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">I have all hard surfaces in my house and use the Hover FloorMate on both my wood and tile floors and just love it!!! The vacuum part is not the best so I use my regular vacuum (I also have a Dyson, but the one for animals that rides on the ball - I don't have any problems with mine on the floors) first on the floors and then the FloorMate. Also a good in between quick picker upper is getting a good dust mop and going over the floors with thata couple times a day. Good luck with the dogs (we have 3 that love to be in all day with me and then leave me doggie hair tumble weeds rolling though my house!!!)

----- Original Message ----
    To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com
    Sent: Monday, July 30, 2007 6:09:38 PM
    Subject: Budget101.com : There has got to be a better way to vacuum and mop my floors.....please advise!!!! need inside dog lovers and hard floor and tile owners please ....long....sorry...

<DIV class="Section1">
    <FONT face="Verdana" color="black" size="3"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt;COLOR: windowtext;FONT-FAMILY: Verdana;">
    We recently pulled all the carpet from the house and replaced it with engineered hard wood floors, and ceramic tile. I was against the laminate wood because I was scared it would not hold up to our 3 messy kids, my clumsy but loveable husband and our now five dogs:
    <FONT face="Verdana" color="black" size="3"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt;COLOR: windowtext;FONT-FAMILY: Verdana;">
    <FONT face="Verdana" color="black" size="3"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt;COLOR: windowtext;FONT-FAMILY: Verdana;">A 6 year old female housetrained shih Tzu, a now marking the house after almost 2 years of being here (due to a new male puppy) 2 year old male miniature dachshund, an 18 week old (approx) toy miniature female dachshund (both were rescue dogs), and just recently added 9 week old brother and sister mixed lab puppies.
    <FONT face="Verdana" color="black" size="3"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt;COLOR: windowtext;FONT-FAMILY: Verdana;">All but the labs are fixed and they are scheduled to get fixed Friday.
    <FONT face="Verdana" color="black" size="3"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt;COLOR: windowtext;FONT-FAMILY: Verdana;">My husband was against hard wood because of the cost, but I don’t feel the engineered wood is much better than laminate, but we agreed to disagree and we have engineered wood.
    <FONT face="Verdana" color="black" size="3"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt;COLOR: windowtext;FONT-FAMILY: Verdana;">Anyway…. As you can imagine, we have several accidents a day due to potty training. We have doggy doors that go through the laundry room, into the garage, and then out the back door but I also park the car in the garage and the new puppies do not get the concept of not running out nor getting out of the way of the car. So, we run the puppies out of the back door that currently only has a metal door and a brand new fully glass storm door. I have recommended to hubby we need to possibly take the new door down and either put a storm door up with a doggy door built in or just leave a storm door off since the door goes to a covered patio, and install a doggy door there since that is where we run them out the majority of the time. That should help with the potty training, we really can not expect them to go out the
    doggy door (even though they know how to use it to come in and go out sometimes) to potty if we are always running them out a different door. Anyway, that is a little history on our situation, now my question for recommendations. We are using a product called Nature’s Miracle, something expensive we bought from Pet’s Mart for the tile after we clean up the mess (it was recommended by a trainer) and a product called Simple Solution for the hard floors. It is suppose to remove the stain and odor so they won’t use the same area again. UMMM…. Not working very well, they potty everywhere even if the area has been previously sprayed, and expensive although I did find it cheaper at Amazon.com than Pet’s mart and I forgot to check Wal-Mart to see if they carry it.
    <FONT face="Verdana" color="black" size="3"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt;COLOR: windowtext;FONT-FAMILY: Verdana;">Okay, to my questions……
    <FONT face="Verdana" color="black" size="3"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt;COLOR: windowtext;FONT-FAMILY: Verdana;"><SPAN>1.<FONT face="Times New Roman" size="1"><SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal;FONT-SIZE: 7pt;FONT-STYLE: normal;FONT-VARIANT: normal;"> <FONT face="Verdana" color="black"> windowtext;FONT-FAMILY: Verdana;">What does anyone recommend if it is something other than what we are using for the floors? We have tried to start setting a timer to run them out and they are in a crate for crate training, although they will pee outside and come in 10 minutes later and pee in the floor. The pet’s mart trainer recommended puppy pads, the vet said no way, that teaches them it is okay to pee in the house, so I guess that is a matter of opinion. 14 years ago, successfully trained a terrier mix when we lived in an apartment with puppy pads, but the labs only
    chew on them and the shih Tzu lays on them like they are a cozy bed.
    <FONT face="Verdana" color="black" size="3"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt;COLOR: windowtext;FONT-FAMILY: Verdana;"><SPAN>2.<FONT face="Times New Roman" size="1"><SPAN style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal;FONT-SIZE: 7pt;FONT-STYLE: normal;FONT-VARIANT: normal;"> <FONT face="Verdana" color="black"> windowtext;FONT-FAMILY: Verdana;">I am currently using the swiffer vacuum that you have to charge, and use the cleaning cloths with. (I have a yellow dyson vacuum that I got a great deal on during Christmas and I used it everyday on our carpet due to the carpet being the previous owners and was not very clean despite several attempts of steam cleaning it. When I switched it to bare floors, it stopped sucking up the crap, and just slings stuff everywhere with some kind of exhaust air that comes out. Then I use the swiffer wet jet along with the cleaning pads and the solution for tile
    and hard wood. I can go over the entire area, then take a wet paper towel and wipe down a piece of tile and it is brown and dirty. I can’t afford all this solution here, wipes there, spray, etc. What kind of vacuum cleaner is specifically designed to be used on bare floors? Would it be a canister vacuum? One that doesn’t require bags or cleaning cloths would be ideal, but if it works great, I can manage. And what about the mopping? Is there a better way to get the floors clean? I know with 3 kids and five dogs (the dogs always come in dirty and muddy due to an apparent monsoon season we are having here in Oklahoma) To keep our socks from being black, it will probably require daily vacuuming and mopping. I have been looking at the Hoover Floor mates and the Hoover canister vacuums.
    <FONT face="Verdana" color="black" size="3"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt;COLOR: windowtext;FONT-FAMILY: Verdana;">I just want something that works great the first time, that doesn’t run out of power and needs to be recharged before I get through the whole house; that doesn’t require multiple pads and several bottles of cleaner a month (our house is 1580 Square feet) but we keep the bedrooms and bathrooms closed off so the daily cleaning area is not that large.
    <FONT face="Verdana" color="black" size="3"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt;COLOR: windowtext;FONT-FAMILY: Verdana;">What can anyone recommend? I am not a Martha Stewart type of clean freak, but I do enjoy a nice clean house, it helps deal with the craziness of homeschooling and everything else. I look forward sitting on the edge of my seat with your experienced tools and recommendations.
    <FONT face="Verdana" color="black" size="3"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt;COLOR: windowtext;FONT-FAMILY: Verdana;">Melissa in OK

Version: 7.5.476 / Virus Database: 269.10.25/926 - Release Date: 7/29/2007 11:14 PM

Herlean

I have heard that wood floors and dogs don't mix. We are going to pull up all of our carpet and are thinking of Pergo for some of the floors, tile for other portions. I can't wait to be rid of wall-to-wall carpeting in the majority of our rooms. Haven't decided yet on the kids rooms. Since they are (will be) young and crawl/spend a lot of time on the floors, I am debating putting wood floors in their rooms. Any tips? I would suggest that you get a damp mop for the pee accidents with the dogs and get to them as soon as possible. I have not yet had wood floors, so I don't know if that will work or not. The danger, I would think is off pee running into the seems and being permanent mess in your home. Did the floor manufacturer website recommend anything? Some have 1-800 numbers you can call and get advice on how to treat their product. Good luck with everything! Sounds like really busy household there! We have one toddler and a baby on the way, and now, one cat. Herlean

The Victors <dvictor1@cox.net> wrote: <DIV class="Section1"> <div class="MsoNormal"><FONT face="Verdana" color="black" size="3"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt;COLOR: windowtext;FONT-FAMILY: Verdana;">We recently pulled all the carpet from the house and replaced it with engineered hard wood floors, and ceramic tile. I was against the laminate wood because I was scared it would not hold up to our 3 messy kids, my clumsy but loveable husband and our now five dogs: <div class="MsoNormal"><FONT face="Verdana" color="black" size="3"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt;COLOR: windowtext;FONT-FAMILY: Verdana;"> <div class="MsoNormal"><FONT face="Verdana" color="black" size="3"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt;COLOR: windowtext;FONT-FAMILY: Verdana;">A 6 year old female housetrained shih Tzu, a now marking the house after almost 2 years of being here (due to a new male puppy) 2 year old male miniature dachshund, an 18 week old (approx) toy miniature female dachshund (both were rescue dogs), and just recently added 9 week old brother and sister mixed lab puppies. <div class="MsoNormal"><FONT face="Verdana" color="black" size="3"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt;COLOR: windowtext;FONT-FAMILY: Verdana;">All but the labs are fixed and they are scheduled to get fixed Friday. <div class="MsoNormal"><FONT face="Verdana" color="black" size="3"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt;COLOR: windowtext;FONT-FAMILY: Verdana;"> <div class="MsoNormal"><FONT face="Verdana" color="black" size="3"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt;COLOR: windowtext;FONT-FAMILY: Verdana;">My husband was against hard wood because of the cost, but I
    don’t feel the engineered wood is much better than laminate, but we agreed to disagree and we have engineered wood. <div class="MsoNormal"><FONT face="Verdana" color="black" size="3"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt;COLOR: windowtext;FONT-FAMILY: Verdana;"> <div class="MsoNormal"><FONT face="Verdana" color="black" size="3"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt;COLOR: windowtext;FONT-FAMILY: Verdana;">Anyway…. As you can imagine, we have several accidents a day due to potty training. We have doggy doors that go through the laundry room, into the garage, and then out the back door but I also park the car in the garage and the new puppies do not get the concept of not running out nor getting out of the way of the car. So, we run the puppies out of the back door that currently only has a metal door and a brand new fully glass storm door. I have recommended to hubby we need to possibly take the new door down
    and either put a storm door up with a doggy door built in or just leave a storm door off since the door goes to a covered patio, and install a doggy door there since that is where we run them out the majority of the time. That should help with the potty training, we really can not expect them to go out the doggy door (even though they know how to use it to come in and go out sometimes) to potty if we are always running them out a different door. Anyway, that is a little history on our situation, now my question for recommendations. We are using a product called Nature’s Miracle, something expensive we bought from Pet’s Mart for the tile after we clean up the mess (it was recommended by a trainer) and a product called Simple Solution for the hard floors. It is suppose to remove the stain and odor so they won’t use the same area again. UMMM…. Not working very well, they potty everywhere even if the area has been previously sprayed,
    and expensive although I did find it cheaper at Amazon.com than Pet’s mart and I forgot to check Wal-Mart to see if they carry it. <div class="MsoNormal"><FONT face="Verdana" color="black" size="3"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt;COLOR: windowtext;FONT-FAMILY: Verdana;"> <div class="MsoNormal"><FONT face="Verdana" color="black" size="3"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt;COLOR: windowtext;FONT-FAMILY: Verdana;">Okay, to my questions…… <div class="MsoNormal"><FONT face="Verdana" color="black" size="3"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt;COLOR: windowtext;FONT-FAMILY: Verdana;"><SPAN>1.<FONT face="Times New Roman" size="1"><SPAN style="FONT: 7pt 'Times New Roman';"> <FONT face="Verdana" color="black"> windowtext;FONT-FAMILY: Verdana;">What does
    anyone recommend if it is something other than what we are using for the floors? We have tried to start setting a timer to run them out and they are in a crate for crate training, although they will pee outside and come in 10 minutes later and pee in the floor. The pet’s mart trainer recommended puppy pads, the vet said no way, that teaches them it is okay to pee in the house, so I guess that is a matter of opinion. 14 years ago, successfully trained a terrier mix when we lived in an apartment with puppy pads, but the labs only chew on them and the shih Tzu lays on them like they are a cozy bed. <div class="MsoNormal"><FONT face="Verdana" color="black" size="3"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt;COLOR: windowtext;FONT-FAMILY: Verdana;"> <div class="MsoNormal"><FONT face="Verdana" color="black" size="3"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE:
    12pt;COLOR: windowtext;FONT-FAMILY: Verdana;"><SPAN>2.<FONT face="Times New Roman" size="1"><SPAN style="FONT: 7pt 'Times New Roman';"> <FONT face="Verdana" color="black"> windowtext;FONT-FAMILY: Verdana;">I am currently using the swiffer vacuum that you have to charge, and use the cleaning cloths with. (I have a yellow dyson vacuum that I got a great deal on during Christmas and I used it everyday on our carpet due to the carpet being the previous owners and was not very clean despite several attempts of steam cleaning it. When I switched it to bare floors, it stopped sucking up the crap, and just slings stuff everywhere with some kind of exhaust air that comes out. Then I use the swiffer wet jet along with the cleaning pads and the solution for tile and hard wood. I can go over the entire area, then take a wet paper towel and wipe down a piece of tile and it is brown
    and dirty. I can’t afford all this solution here, wipes there, spray, etc. What kind of vacuum cleaner is specifically designed to be used on bare floors? Would it be a canister vacuum? One that doesn’t require bags or cleaning cloths would be ideal, but if it works great, I can manage. And what about the mopping? Is there a better way to get the floors clean? I know with 3 kids and five dogs (the dogs always come in dirty and muddy due to an apparent monsoon season we are having here in Oklahoma) To keep our socks from being black, it will probably require daily vacuuming and mopping. I have been looking at the Hoover Floor mates and the Hoover canister vacuums. <div class="MsoNormal"><FONT face="Verdana" color="black" size="3"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt;COLOR: windowtext;FONT-FAMILY: Verdana;"> <div class="MsoNormal"><FONT face="Verdana" color="black" size="3"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt;COLOR: windowtext;FONT-FAMILY: Verdana;">I just want something that works great the first time, that doesn’t run out of power and needs to be recharged before I get through the whole house; that doesn’t require multiple pads and several bottles of cleaner a month (our house is 1580 Square feet) but we keep the bedrooms and bathrooms closed off so the daily cleaning area is not that large. <div class="MsoNormal"><FONT face="Verdana" color="black" size="3"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt;COLOR: windowtext;FONT-FAMILY: Verdana;"> <div class="MsoNormal"><FONT face="Verdana" color="black" size="3"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt;COLOR: windowtext;FONT-FAMILY: Verdana;">What can anyone recommend? I am not a Martha Stewart type
    of clean freak, but I do enjoy a nice clean house, it helps deal with the craziness of homeschooling and everything else. I look forward sitting on the edge of my seat with your experienced tools and recommendations. <div class="MsoNormal"><FONT face="Verdana" color="black" size="3"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt;COLOR: windowtext;FONT-FAMILY: Verdana;"> <div class="MsoNormal"><FONT face="Verdana" color="black" size="3"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt;COLOR: windowtext;FONT-FAMILY: Verdana;">Melissa in OK

&#32;
    Looking for a deal? Find great prices on flights and hotels with Yahoo! FareChase.

armstrca

<DIV dir="ltr" align="left"><SPAN class="679084017-31072007">If it is feasible, I would go with tile instead - the porcelain (not just ceramic type). Porcelain is much stronger and the color is all the way through it. Plain ceramic only has a color glaze on top of it and if chipped, the unglazed color will show through. You don't have to worry about the dogs or kids then - just dropping things - cause they will shatter. For the kids, if you slab isn't bad, you *could* paint and seal the cement. It makes cleanup easy and wouldn't matter if they didn't spill anything.

From: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Budget101_@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Herlean
    Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2007 10:34 AM
    Subject: Re: Budget101.com : There has got to be a better way to vacuum and mop my floors.....please advise!!!! need inside dog lovers and hard floor and tile owners please ....long....sorry...<SPAN class="679084017-31072007">
    <SPAN class="679084017-31072007">
    I have heard that wood floors and dogs don't mix. We are going to pull up all of our carpet and are thinking of Pergo for some of the floors, tile for other portions. I can't wait to be rid of wall-to-wall carpeting in the majority of our rooms. Haven't decided yet on the kids rooms. Since they are (will be) young and crawl/spend a lot of time on the floors, I am debating putting wood floors in their rooms. Any tips?
    <excess snipped>

southbristolt

<TD id="INCREDITEXTREGION" style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt;DIRECTION: ltr;" width="100%"> <DIV style="FONT-FAMILY: Comic Sans MS;">We purchased a home that had dogs and hardwood floors. Unfortunately, we have to rip out every piece of the hardwood flooring in this 100+ year old home. As the smell is awful. The upkeep with hardwood is difficult as it is with being scratched easily and needing to be resurfaced regularily. <DIV style="FONT-FAMILY: Comic Sans MS;"> <DIV style="FONT-FAMILY: Comic Sans MS;">In my opinion (it's just my opinion) I would not go with Pergo. They crack easily and split. I am a fan oftile that is properly installed. That is probably the key with everything, but if the floor that the tile is not level, the tile will crack and break over time if not immediately. <DIV style="FONT-FAMILY: Comic Sans MS;">
    </TD> <TD id="INCREDIANIM" vAlign="bottom" align="middle">

Herlean

I had heard that about the tile with the color all the way through. Herlean

armstrca <carmstr1@ems.jsc.nasa.gov> wrote: <DIV dir="ltr" align="left"><SPAN class="679084017-31072007">If it is feasible, I would go with tile instead - the porcelain (not just ceramic type). Porcelain is much stronger and the color is all the way through it. Plain ceramic only has a color glaze on top of it and if chipped, the unglazed color will show through. You don't have to worry about the dogs or kids then - just dropping things - cause they will shatter. For the kids, if you slab isn't bad, you *could* paint and seal the cement. It makes cleanup easy and wouldn't matter if they didn't spill anything.
    From: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Budget101_@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Herlean
    Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2007 10:34 AM
    Subject: Re: Budget101.com : There has got to be a better way to vacuum and mop my floors.....please advise!!!! need inside dog lovers and hard floor and tile owners please ....long....sorry...<SPAN class="679084017-31072007"> <SPAN class="679084017-31072007">
    I have heard that wood floors and dogs don't mix. We are going to pull up all of our carpet and are thinking of Pergo for some of the
    floors, tile for other portions. I can't wait to be rid of wall-to-wall carpeting in the majority of our rooms. Haven't decided yet on the kids rooms. Since they are (will be) young and crawl/spend a lot of time on the floors, I am debating putting wood floors in their rooms. Any tips? <excess snipped>

&#32;
    Choose the right car based on your needs. Check out Yahoo! Autos new Car Finder tool.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast