Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Heather Herber

Default Wedding Invitation Ettiquette Question

My brother just got engaged last night, to a wonderful woman he's been with for

6 years now. After finally deciding to get married, they want to rush things,

and get married at the end of September.

Here's my question- they want a kid-free reception (I don't blame them, our

side of the family alone has a LOT of hyper active kids that are young), and he

and his bride-to-be are unsure how to phrase it on the invitation in a way that

is polite, but firm.

Any idea's?

Liss

<DIV dir="ltr" align="left">

<SPAN class="203145202-29072007">>>Here's my question- they want a kid-free reception (I don't blame them, our side of the family alone has a LOT of hyper active kids that are young), and he and his bride-to-be are unsure how to phrase it on the invitation in a way that is polite, but firm.<<

<FONT face="Arial,Helvetica,Monaco">Indicate that the reception is to be adults only by having the words "Adults Only Reception" <FONT face="Arial,Helvetica,Monaco">or <FONT face="Arial,Helvetica,Monaco">"Adult Reception" printed along with the reception location and time on the invitation.

This information should be printed by the printer on all invitations. You must never write ANYTHING by hand onto the invitation itself - whether it pertains to this or any other matter. Doing so is considered socially incorrect (in other words, tacky!) and inappropriate.

<SPAN class="203145202-29072007">

<SPAN class="203145202-29072007">I have heard of others using, ""Please let us know if you need help finding a babysitter in the area, as the reception is adults only." Thus, if you have family coming from out of state and they have children, it'd be pretty darn rude not to Help them find appropriate childcare.

Herlean

Invite people by name. Even if they have kids. Invite Donald & Sarah. Not, Donald, Sarah and Family. Or, put "Adult Only Reception" - simple, to the point. Sometimes, that is as polite as it gets. Kids do not belong everywhere. If you think they will have problems, call the people who have issues and tell them over the phone to have a sitter lined up (OR) he and his wife can hire sitters for kids in a separate part of the reception. If it is at a hotel for instance, they can book a couple of rooms for the kids to be watched & entertained/fed, away from the adults. I have a toddler. I just ask before taking him to "adult" functions. As much as I love & adore him, I realize that not everyone wants to spend their time with him. I prefer him to many adults that I know, but that is a different subject. Herlean

Heather Herber <herberkids3@yahoo.com> wrote: My brother just got engaged last night, to a wonderful woman he's been with for 6 years now. After finally deciding to get married, they want to rush things, and get married at the end of September.

Here's my question- they want a kid-free reception (I don't blame them, our side of the family alone has a LOT of hyper active kids that are young), and he and his bride-to-be are unsure how to phrase it on the invitation in a way that is polite, but firm.

Any idea's?

\|||/
    (o o)
    ----ooO-(_)-Ooo--------

Helpt Us Win WF Partner Contest: Click Here: http://launch.womensforum.com/WF/web...x.aspx?id=1626

To View the List Archives Please Visit http://www.budget101.com/forumdispla...iscussion-List

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To
    visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Budget101_/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Budget101_/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:Budget101_-digest@yahoogroups.com
    mailto:Budget101_-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    Budget101_-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

&#32;
    Luggage? GPS? Comic books?

Check out fitting gifts for grads at Yahoo! Search.

Randi

Didn't apply to me, but here's a website for how to word it- good luck!!

http://www.superweddings.com/etiquette.html

=====================

Date: 2007/07/28 Sat PM 06:31:27 CDT

To: Budget101 <budget101_@yahoogroups.com>,

Michigan Tightwads <michigantightwads@yahoogroups.com>

Subject: Budget101.com : Wedding Invitation Ettiquette Question

My brother just got engaged last night, to a wonderful woman he's been with for

6 years now. After finally deciding to get married, they want to rush things,

and get married at the end of September.

Here's my question- they want a kid-free reception (I don't blame them, our

side of the family alone has a LOT of hyper active kids that are young), and he

and his bride-to-be are unsure how to phrase it on the invitation in a way that

is polite, but firm.

Any idea's?

Kelli

If they don't want the kids at the reception, they better not have them at the wedding either, the wedding is the worst place for wild kids! I would just put "Adults only please" on everything! And, address everything to only the adults. I have 2 kids myself and I would totally understand.

Kelli
    [quote]
    ----- Original Message -----
    To: Budget101 ; Michigan Tightwads
    Sent: Saturday, July 28, 2007 6:31 PM

My brother just got engaged last night, to a wonderful woman he's been with for 6 years now. After finally deciding to get married, they want to rush things, and get married at the end of September.

Here's my question- they want a kid-free reception (I don't blame them, our side of the family alone has a LOT of hyper active kids that are young), and he and his bride-to-be are unsure how to phrase it on the invitation in a way that is polite, but firm.

Any idea's?

No virus found in this incoming message.
    Checked by AVG Free Edition.
    Version: 7.5.476 / Virus Database: 269.10.23/924 - Release Date: 7/28/2007 3:50 PM

Nancy R

No matter what you do, it is likely some will be offended and a few may even show up at the wedding with the unruly kids. Some unfortunate relatives of mine had their wedding taped. The entire tape has screaming children & it's hard to hear the ceremony or music. Personally I wish the minister or maybe the father of the bride had stopped the wedding & told the offending parties to leave.

By the way, I love kids but they don't need to be at every event.

Nancy

[quote]

Katrina Hartman

Our entire family was invited to a wedding recently, but just my DH and I were invited to the "adult celebration" later in the evening, and our kids are 18 and 15. Needless to say, we did not attend either event.

Katrina
    [quote]
    ----- Original Message -----
    To: Budget101 ; Michigan Tightwads
    Sent: Saturday, July 28, 2007 6:31 PM

My brother just got engaged last night, to a wonderful woman he's been with for 6 years now. After finally deciding to get married, they want to rush things, and get married at the end of September.

Any idea's?

Gail Moncivais

Hi Heather
    The invitation is address to only the parents only never & family. The response card is set up with the number of adults attending with no mention of children. If there are any further questions check with the theknot.com web site they have a whole section devoted to invitations and the like.
    Gail

&#32;
    Yahoo! oneSearch: Finally, mobile search that gives answers, not web links.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast