Living Comfortably On Unemployment With Kids

How to reduce your expenses and survive on unemployment when you're broke Read More: Article: Living Comfortably On Unemployment With Kids

unemployment, article, kids, living, comfortably, broke, read, http://www.budget101.com/content.php?r=3691-living-comfortably-on-unemployment-with-kids, reduce, expenses, survive

Creator & Designer of Budget101.com
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Article: Living Comfortably On Unemployment With Kids

How to reduce your expenses and survive on unemployment when you're broke

Read More: Article: Living Comfortably On Unemployment With Kids
    ~Liss~
    Creator & Designer of
    www.Budget101.com
    www.GroceryBudget101.com
    Budget101 Forums
    KitchenMixGifts.Budget101.com

*Newbies*
    Forum How To Guide

**The happiest people are not those with the best or the most of everything, The happiest people know how to make the best of everything they have.**

Smart Budgeter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I use the crock pot. Not only does it save you money, by using cheaper cuts of meats. A big plus for me is the way the whole house smells. That can bring a smile to everyone face during what can be a trying time.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

A major money saver was to bake and cook at home. The kids loved the homemade cakes and cookies - not to mention the fun - make it yourself pizza days. Way less expensive then even stopping at your local fast food restaurant. We also shopped garage sales for clothes - but take the kids along. A good price is nothing if the kids won't wear it!

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

With unemployment comes extra time. If you have a backyard, sow some seeds. I believe that the seeds we sow today affects what we reap tomorrow. Gardening is therapeutic to some, may aide in giving us a different perspective of your current situation.

If you have to cut entertainment expenses, enjoy nature and learn to appreciate its natural beauty. Believe me it is beautiful out there.

still digging' my way out
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have been underemployed for the last year and to help with stretching my husband's income, we have cut the heat back to 64 in the day (I just wear extra layers when I am chilly), line drying clothes (we installed a shower curtian rod over the guest shower in our house to hang clothes on hangers - and bonus! when the clothes are dry, I can just hang them in the closet!), installing a water heater timer (which shaved another $30 a month off the electricity bill) and planted a garden - which I either froze or canned the produce from - we did not have to buy any spaghetti sauces, peas, green beans this past year because I put them up last summer. This year we are doubling the space of the garden so we can preserve even more of the foods we love to eat.

Smart Budgeter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

A huge money saver for my family has been to ask the produce guys at the local grocery store if they've got stuff that is hitting the end of its shelf life. If they have anything, I normally get an entire box of produce for $5. As soon as I get it home this stuff is inspected and prepped. It's either frozen or cooked right away.