Problem with simplicty lawn tractor

We have a Simplicity lawn tractor that is about 5-6 yrs old. It worked well till last week. All of a sudden it won't start properly and it has no speed. We have nothing to pull it with to take it for repair. My husband is vary handy and if anyone has any ideas as to what is wrong with it, he might

check, family, hat, heart, ideas, list, new york, problem, repair, size, star, start, style, till, times, trac, week, wrong, yahoo, york, lawn, answers, tractor, http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48255/://answers.yahoo.com/dir/_ylc=x3odmti5mgx2athybf9tazixmtu1mdazntiex3mdmzk2ntq1mtazbhnlywncqujwawxsyxjftklfmzywbhnsawnqcm9kdwn0x3f1zxn0aw9ux3bhz2u-?link=list&sid=396545433from, melissa, heartthrob, handy, relationship, worked, simplicity, simplicty, sudden, husband, pull, properly, speed, vary

M F

Default Problem with simplicty lawn tractor

We have a Simplicity lawn tractor that is about 5-6 yrs old. It worked well till last week. All of a sudden it won't start properly and it has no speed. We have nothing to pull it with to take it for repair. My husband is vary handy and if anyone has any ideas as to what is wrong with it, he might be able to fix it.

Thank you,
    Melissa

Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers from someone who knows.
    Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

Jill Coughlin

My husbands ideas are; start with replacing the spark plug(s)...
    may be the starter needs replacing since it's about 6 years...

The "no speed" issue, he thinks sounds like a fuel type of
    issue... is it possible that water got into the fuel line? You can
    purchase a can of dry gas to pour in the gas receptacle. If there
    is any moisture in there... it should dry it up.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out!

8-)Jill and Bob

Breanna, Jameson, Braeden and Joliana

At 10:26 PM 7/24/2007, you wrote:

<blockquote type="cite" class="cite" cite>We have a Simplicity lawn
    tractor that is about 5-6 yrs old. It worked well till last
    week. All of a sudden it won't start properly and it has no
    speed. We have nothing to pull it with to take it for repair.
    My husband is vary handy and if anyone has any ideas as to what is wrong
    with it, he might be able to fix it.

Thank you,

Melissa

Be a better Heartthrob.
    <a href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48255/*http://answers.yahoo.com/dir/_ylc=X3oDMTI5MGx2aThyBF9TAzIxMTU1MDAzNTIEX3MDMzk2N TQ1MTAzBHNlYwNCQUJwaWxsYXJfTklfMzYwBHNsawNQcm9kdWN 0X3F1ZXN0aW9uX3BhZ2U-?link=list&sid=396545433">
    Get better relationship answers </a>from someone who knows.

Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

[/quote]

Liss

<SPAN class="203214113-25072007">>>>>We have a Simplicity lawn tractor that is about 5-6 yrs old. It worked well till last week. All of a sudden it won't start properly and it has no speed.<SPAN class="203214113-25072007"><<
    <SPAN class="203214113-25072007">
    <SPAN class="203214113-25072007">hubby said, it could be alot of things, check first to see if mice crawled up in and built a nest in the air cleaner.
    <SPAN class="203214113-25072007">2. If thats not it check to see if you have junk in your gas (& gas line).
    <SPAN class="203214113-25072007">He said it really sounds like you have *stuff* packed into the air cleaner.
    <SPAN class="203214113-25072007">~Liss
    <SPAN class="203214113-25072007">**edited** <g>

Carol Andrade

<TD id="INCREDITEXTREGION" style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt;DIRECTION: ltr;FONT-FAMILY: Arial;" width="100%">
    I'm not a technician, but my late husband was a certified master tech and believe it or not, I did get pretty good at diagnosing problems through the years, because he would tell me the symptoms and then run through all the possible causes. When he did determine the problem, he would tell me what it was.Anyway, for what it is worth, here are some things to check:

If it isn't getting enough fuel it will not have power. Check the following:
    Check the fuel line for visible signs of damge (make sure it isn't crimped or damaged in any way).
    You could try replacing the fuel filter since if there is a blockage, it will affect power.
    You could use compressed air to blow out the fuel line from the engine toward the fuel tank and if there is anything blocking it, that might get rid of it.
    It could be the fuel pump, but I doubt it because a fuel pump generally just stops working at all.
    Checkfuel pressure regulator by removing the vacuum line to see if it has fuel in it. If it does, replace fuel pressure regulator.

The the air flow is obstructed, it will have no power. Check the following:

If you have or can borrow a vacuum gauge, you can hook it up to the intake manifold or throttle body. When the engine is running, if the vacuum is low and drops as the engine runs, that means there is something blocking the air flow.
    Check the exhaust to make sure it isn't clogged. If it is clogged, the back pressure on the engine will reduce the speed.

Check spark plugs, wires coil and transitor (if applicable - don't know about this particular engine). If there isn't enough current to spark plugs fuel won't ignite, causing slow speeds.
    Is there on 02 sensor? If the air/fuel mixture is too rich, it won't have power. (Does it smell like it is flooded - too much fuel?)

<DIV style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt;FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif;">
    >We have a Simplicity lawn tractor that is about 5-6 yrs old. All of a sudden it won't start properly and it has no speed.

</TD>
    <TD id="INCREDIANIM" vAlign="bottom" align="middle">