Results 1 to 1 of 1
07-23-2007, 11:07 PM #1KellyGuest
Creamy Orange Ice Cream Pie
Prep Time:30 min
Start to Finish:8 hr
1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) sugar cookie mix
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
2 pints (4 cups) orange sherbet
1 pint (2 cups) vanilla ice cream
1. Heat oven to 375°F. In medium bowl, stir cookie mix and butter
until well mixed (mixture will be crumbly).
2. Reserve 1 1/2 cups crumb mixture; set aside. In ungreased 9-inch
glass pie plate, press remaining mixture over bottom and up side of
plate; prick with fork. Bake 16 to 18 minutes or until light golden
brown. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
3. Meanwhile, on ungreased cookie sheet, sprinkle remaining crumb
mixture. Bake 10 to 11 minutes or until edges of crumb mixture begin
to brown. Cool on cookie sheet, about 30 minutes.
4. While crust and crumb mixture are cooling, place sherbet and ice
cream in refrigerator to soften. Scoop half of softened sherbet over
crust; spread to cover crust. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup crumbs. Scoop all
of softened ice cream over sherbet and crumbs; spread to cover.
Sprinkle with 1/2 cup crumbs. Scoop remaining half of sherbet over
ice cream and crumbs. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup crumbs. Freeze
until firm, 4 to 6 hours or overnight. Let stand 15 minutes to soften
Prep Time:20 min
Start to Finish:2 hr 20 min
2 containers (6 ounces each) Original strawberry yogurt
14 wooden sticks with rounded ends
7 large bananas, peeled and cut crosswise in half
2 cups Golden Grahams cereal, finely crushed
1. Cover cookie sheet with waxed paper. Place yogurt in shallow bowl.
2. Carefully insert wooden stick into cut end of each banana half.
Roll each banana in yogurt, then sprinkle with cereal. Place on
3. Freeze about 2 hours or until firm. Cover tightly and keep frozen.
Rainbow Sherbet Pie
Prep Time:15 min
Start to Finish:2 hr 15 min
1 quart rainbow sherbet, slightly softened
1 package (6 ounces) ready-to-use graham cracker pie crust
1 cup frozen (thawed) whipped topping or Whipped topping from a
1 cup cut-up fruit
Orange peel strips, if desired
1. Spread sherbet in pie crust. Cover and freeze 2 hours.
2. Spread whipped topping over sherbet. Garnish with fruit and orange
peel. Store covered in freezer.