Thread: Introduction

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Introduction

Hello, This is my first post here, but I have been reading this website for many years now. I have been so blessed by this site. I have made many meals from the recipes and have been so encouraged by all the ladies here. I am a SAHM to 3 and have been married to a wonderful man for almost 18 years now. As a young wife I spent many hours trying to figure out how to be the best steward of our limited budget while making healthy meals my family would actually eat. Over the years I have gotten better at this, but it still makes me smile at all my attempts to try. I don't buy any ready made foods any more and it still amazes me how much better my own version tastes. I am constantly trying to lower our grocery bill especially now as I keep seeing gas prices going up and food costs soaring. I really look forward to reading all the great advice on this site! Thanks Beth

Deal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Introduction

Welcome to the site Beth, it's wonderful to have you.

Over the years I have gotten better at this, but it still makes me smile at all my attempts to try. I don't buy any ready made foods any more and it still amazes me how much better my own version tastes.
    I completely agree with you at the difference in flavor and quality too! It's a rewarding feeling to save on the budget, yet eat something that "tastes expensive" (as my kids would say). lol
    ~Enjoy!~

FreebieQueen

Like Budget101 on Facebook!
    Join us on Twitter #Budget101

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Introduction

Freebie Queen, Thanks for the reply!! Something else that makes me laugh is my little "trick" of keeping the old containers of ready made foods and then putting my homemade version in it to fool my family! They never notice and then after a few months without any complaints, I let them in on my secret! They are always so impressed. Beth