Creator & Designer of Budget101.com
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Article: Overnight French Toast

Simple overnight french toast recipe for larger families- french bread slices, baked into a custard-like dish, drizzled with a cinnamon spiced caramel sauce

Read More: Article: Overnight French Toast
    ~Liss~
    Creator & Designer of
    www.Budget101.com
    www.GroceryBudget101.com
    Budget101 Forums
    KitchenMixGifts.Budget101.com

*Newbies*
    Forum How To Guide

**The happiest people are not those with the best or the most of everything, The happiest people know how to make the best of everything they have.**

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for posting on how to scale this down just a bit.
    I'm going to try the smaller version this upcoming weekend, but I do have a quick question...if someone made the larger version, and had leftovers, can this be frozen, and if so, how would you recommend to do so?

Deal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Um, I don't know how well it would freeze, it has a custard like texture which leads me to believe that it would become watery and gooey if frozen.

Nice to Meet you.
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thankyou for this recipe it looks wonderful and easy. I work at a food bank and will share it with them. It will be a nice way for many of them with large families to have something different.

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'd use a foodsaver or seal-a-meal to divide up portions, remove the air, seal, and place in the freezer to microwave later. I've done this with several breakfast and lunch items that I bring to work with success. I'm cooking for one, so not wasting food or money is paramount to sticking to my budget. Pancakes, breakfast sandwiches, french toast, waffles, etc. work great this way. It only takes a few seconds to reheat.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsPaws View Post
    Thanks for posting on how to scale this down just a bit.
    I'm going to try the smaller version this upcoming weekend, but I do have a quick question...if someone made the larger version, and had leftovers, can this be frozen, and if so, how would you recommend to do so?
    I use a foodsaver and it works great. Bag portions, remove the air, seal and place in the freezer for use later. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy. It takes about a half a minute to reheat portions.