Cow Itch- when pretty becomes Painful!- vBCms Comments

Cow itch is a nasty rash similar to poison oak-ivy-sumac that spreads like wildfire and itches like crazy. Here are some photos of the plants that cause it along with some remedies for soothing it Read More: Article: Cow Itch- when pretty becomes Painful!

painful, article, pretty, itch-, photos, plants, http://www.budget101.com/content.php?r=3677-cow-itch-when-pretty-becomes-painful, read, soothing, remedies, wildfire, rash, similar, nasty, itch, poison, crazy, itches, oak-ivy-sumac, spreads

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Creator & Designer of Budget101.com
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Article: Cow Itch- when pretty becomes Painful!

Cow itch is a nasty rash similar to poison oak-ivy-sumac that spreads like wildfire and itches like crazy. Here are some photos of the plants that cause it along with some remedies for soothing it

Read More: Article: Cow Itch- when pretty becomes Painful!
    ~Liss~
    Creator & Designer of
    www.Budget101.com
    www.GroceryBudget101.com
    Budget101 Forums
    KitchenMixGifts.Budget101.com

*Newbies*
    Forum How To Guide

**The happiest people are not those with the best or the most of everything, The happiest people know how to make the best of everything they have.**

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have a Jasmine on my back fence that has been there for years. I do not break out from it, I do however have a vine near it called a sumac that I am sooooo alergic to. When I get in it I can only get over it by going to the doctor. The rash looks identicle to yours and yes it is the most itchy thing I have ever had. Maybe it is not the Jasmine that got you.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Cow Itch- when pretty becomes Painful!

Quote Originally Posted by jsouza View Post
    Maybe it is not the Jasmine that got you.
    Alas, if only, as I mentioned, my husband picked the flower and I made the mistake of rubbing it on my cheek . . .

I've had experience with poison sumac as well, when we lived in Maine, it is nasty stuff; but I can honestly say that Cow Itch tops the cake in horrible afflictions!
    ~Liss~
    Creator & Designer of
    www.Budget101.com
    www.GroceryBudget101.com
    Budget101 Forums
    KitchenMixGifts.Budget101.com

*Newbies*
    Forum How To Guide

**The happiest people are not those with the best or the most of everything, The happiest people know how to make the best of everything they have.**

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am so glad to read this, so I can avoid it if I see it. Horrible stuff!

Unregistered

I got a much more severe exposure to it in Jamaica. I broke through the vine with no shirt on. After the initial pain, I developed thousands of tiny blisters that the next day turned into a huge 10 inch blister.

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hey there,

Thanks to your amazing article, I was able to figure out what this bizarre rash is. I've tried every OTC treatment and nothing works, so I'm wanting to try yours. For the doses, did you do 2 500mg tablets (total 1000mg) twice a day for a total of 2000mg, or 500mg twice a day for a total of 1000mg? Same question for the Vitamin E. Was each capsule 400 IU or 400 IU total? Anyhow thank you for the article, I pray that it helps. I'd be happy to mail you back in a few days with my progress if you're interested.

Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by VicSage View Post
    Hey there,

Thanks to your amazing article, I was able to figure out what this bizarre rash is. I've tried every OTC treatment and nothing works, so I'm wanting to try yours. For the doses, did you do 2 500mg tablets (total 1000mg) twice a day for a total of 2000mg, or 500mg twice a day for a total of 1000mg? Same question for the Vitamin E. Was each capsule 400 IU or 400 IU total? Anyhow thank you for the article, I pray that it helps. I'd be happy to mail you back in a few days with my progress if you're interested.
    Yes, as the article indicates (2) 500mg (each) capsules Twice a day. and Yes (2) 400mg (each) capsules.

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ugh Wish I knew this before i spent 20$ on them! I had no idea =(

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

This yellow jasmine is also poisonous to honey bees.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

I got into stinging nettles once, the worst burn/itch I've personally experienced, since I am not allergic to sumac, poison ivy or poison oak.

I made a paste of baking soda and water out of instinct and it stopped itching and burning immediately. The redness and swelling went away as well.

I'd give this a try on any rash.

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello! I did some weeding 3 months ago and got into cow itch. Bleach has worked before, but this time took the skin clean off on my finger and was spreading. Went to the doctor they didn't know what I was talking about and gave me antibiotics and a z pack. Follow- up with wound care. Told him my problem and again found a doctor who knew nothing of Cow Itch and told me to put cream on it and I would be fine. I have tried alcohol, does nothing, creams seem to feed it. Epsom salt and water 3 times a day seems to help dry it, but be ready for the bumps to hit you all at once. It only seems to itch when the bumps get all full and swollen. Another interesting fact with me, the area is on my finger and I can't keep my fingers apart all the time so the stuff gets on my other fingers. No breakout on them. Also, it seems to spread under the skin from the last breakout, like a chain. It is on it's way to my palm if I don't find some what of killing it. Please help! Any advice is good advice at this point.

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

I did some trumpet vine removal for my uncle last week and I've been itching since. I thought it would go away on its own, but it seems to be only getting worse. I've been searching the Internet for information for hours and I want to thank you because this is the only helpful information I have found about ridding this problem. I've been soaking in Epsom salts and washing my bedding everyday. Now I can stop wasting some much water. Thank you!!!

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Bless you, I have been suffering a year. I unfortunately was just told what it is/was. I am out the door to store now. And carried in blood stream! !! Just lovely

Unregistered

Just swam in pool with this tree above it now itching like crazy

Unregistered

Default Thank you

I know now that this is what has been placed in my home and around my environment. Thank you so much for your help.