Results 1 to 1 of 1
06-25-2007, 01:10 AM #1certifiedjunkfinderGuest
Article: Ideas to help you save money
Ideas to help you save money
By: Chaele McMillan
Make a distinction between what you need and want. Get ready to save
1) Before buying those pair of shoes. Ask yourself do you really need
How many times are you really going to wear them?
2) Before making apurchase over 50.00 wait 5 days. If you still want
the item go buy it. Most of them time you will find that you really
did not need it.
3) Know where your money goes. You will be surprised to see how much
we spend money on eating out, going to the movies. Chart where your
money is going.
4)If you get a huge tax refund or a rich Aunt dies, dont spend all
the money. It is great to save.
5) Don't use credit cards. If you do use a credit card where you have
to pay it off that month.
6) When you go shopping pay with cash. I do this everytime I go on a
shopping trip. I normally come back spending less and it is nice to
have money left in may wallet.
7) Dont have subscription to magazines. Go to the library and read.
8) Shop around. The internet is a great tool to shop around. I love
to use bizrate.
9) Take your lunch to work with you. Only allow yourself to eat out
once a month.
10)Clip coupons. If you save 10 a week on groceries. That is 520.00
at the end of the year.
11) If you have kids, you go through the batteries. Buy rechargable
batteries and recharge them when the toy dies.
12) Write a letter instead of calling and spending money on long
13) Buy clothing that will last. Cheaper isn't always best
14) Shop around for insurance. Shopping around can save you some
15) Think twice before buying a new car. Remember 5 years can be a
long time to make payments. Try to save money by buying last year's
Also look at demo's.
Keep in mind you can make cuts and if you find you want it back you
can put it back in your budget. Dont live beyond your means.
Chaele is a mom of three. She owns www.momstateuniversity.com
By BiggerPiggyBank in forum General Budget & FinanceReplies: 2Last Post: 01-17-2009, 02:01 PM
By teddysbutterflybluepit in forum Budget101 Discussion ListReplies: 2Last Post: 05-22-2007, 10:59 PM
By in forum Budget101 Discussion ListReplies: 0Last Post: 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM