Deal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Article: Moving on a Budget

How to move cheaply- budget saving tips on moving locally or across country as well as budget pitfalls to avoid!

Read More: Article: Moving on a Budget
    ~Enjoy!~

FreebieQueen

Like Budget101 on Facebook!
    Join us on Twitter #Budget101

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

These tips were so useful to me. I recently moved from
    Virginia to San Antonio Texas. I did not have a clue "How To Move", but after reading this article the tips were so useful. Thanks

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Best moving tip ever... Use a zip-tie to connect and secure hangers right in the closet, then drop into a heavy duty pull tie trash bag. You can put a sticker or label on the bag if you wish to identify whose bedroom they belong in.

When you get where you're going, hang the bag up in the closet, untie the trash bag and save for your unpacking trash and cut the zip-tie. Your closet is put away, still organized and still on hangers.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Moving on a Budget

Quote Originally Posted by MaggieRV View Post
    Best moving tip ever... Use a zip-tie to connect and secure hangers right in the closet, then drop into a heavy duty pull tie trash bag. You can put a sticker or label on the bag if you wish to identify whose bedroom they belong in.

When you get where you're going, hang the bag up in the closet, untie the trash bag and save for your unpacking trash and cut the zip-tie. Your closet is put away, still organized and still on hangers.
    I am getting ready to move from Alaska to Washington.....and would never have thought of doing this....thank you MaggieRV

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

We will be moving from Minnesota back to North Carolina with 12-18 months. I never thought about zip ties. I can start sorting seasonal, formal, etc and have them tied and ready to go! Thanks for the tips!

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have used this method and loved it! Made it so much easier to find the clothes we needed!

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Totes on clearance at Walmart for $2 each!!