Meatloaf French Bread Pizza

Meatloaf French Bread Pizza 1 loaf French bread, sliced lengthwise 2 tbs olive oil 2 tbs butter 1 onion, chopped 1 green bell pepper, chopped 8 oz mushrooms, sliced 2 cups crumbled leftover meatloaf 1-1/4 cups pizza sauce 2 cups shredded Colby-Jack cheese

bread, meatloaf, french, pizza, minutes, cups, cheese, cook, bake, sauce, heat, oven, olive, butter, onion, bell, chopped, pepper, sliced, mushrooms, starts, medium, saucepan, large, brown, melt, mixture, sprinkle, pizzas, pile, halves, stir, longer, crisp, gently, through.spread, toasted, melted, crumbs, preheat, colby-jack, shredded, degrees, hollow, 1-1/4, leftover, lengthwise, loaf, green, crumbled

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Meatloaf French Bread Pizza

1 loaf French bread, sliced lengthwise
    2 tbs olive oil
    2 tbs butter
    1 onion, chopped
    1 green bell pepper, chopped
    8 oz mushrooms, sliced
    2 cups crumbled leftover meatloaf
    1-1/4 cups pizza sauce
    2 cups shredded Colby-Jack cheese
    Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Hollow out the French bread slices, leaving about 1/2" shell. Freeze the removed bread to use for bread crumbs. Brush the hollowed-out loaves with olive oil. Bake for 5 minutes until just starting to toast. Remove from oven and set aside.

In large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper. Cook 4 minutes. Add mushrooms. Cook 4-5 minutes longer. Add meatloaf. Stir gently, and heat through.Spread pizza sauce over the toasted bread halves. Pile meatloaf mixture onto the bread and sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 5-9 minutes until bread is crisp, pizzas are hot, and cheese is melted and just starts to brown.

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Meatloaf French Bread Pizza

Yummy...Now I want Pizza lol..good thing Tonight is Pizza Night
    Born and Raised In Panama City,Florida...Now Living In Paducah, Kentucky

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Whenever I make spaghetti with meat sauce I save any sauce left and use it for the sauce on a pizza. Along with some pepperoni you have a two meat treat.

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I do something along the same lines Lala. Great minds think alike! lol
    When I make a Bolognese sauce for spaghetti, I make a double or triple batch. I then divide it, and freeze in double bagged labeled freezer zip top bags. I use one of them for lasagna and the other for a baked ziti dish. Makes the meals so much quick and easy.

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

My motto, as I imagine Liss (and most of you) might think, make the most of what you have on hand to change a leftover into a brand new meal...giggle...