Anggie Thompson

Default savings & phone calls

I dont' think I mentioned to this group that my son totalled his car on Memorial Day. This is the same kid that blew about $600 from his savings with nothing to show for it. Now, the next car is on him and he doesn't have so much in savings..........hopefully it is a lesson well learned.

As to phone calls, for the last two nights, I've received calls at midnight for him. The first time I said to him and the caller that we don't accept calls that late. Last night, the same thing happened and I told the caller that we don't accept calls at midnight and she claimed to be calling from camp in a different time zone. My son said he thinks it's friends playing pranks, but he doesn't know what friends. The calls come in as blocked calls on the caller ID. Any suggestions if it happens again.

--
    Anggie
    Fight Breast cancer......no one should die from it

lisa griffeth

Unless you have older or sick family members, cut the ringer off when you go to bed- when it's not "fun", they'll stop calling. Lisa G.

Anggie Thompson <anggiet@gmail.com> wrote: I dont' think I mentioned to this group that my son totalled his car on Memorial Day. This is the same kid that blew about $600 from his savings with nothing to show for it. Now, the next car is on him and he doesn't have so much in savings..........hopefully it is a lesson well learned.
    As to phone calls, for the last two nights, I've received calls at midnight for him. The first time I said to him and the caller that we don't accept calls that late. Last night, the same thing happened and I told the caller that we don't accept calls at midnight and she claimed to be calling from camp in a different time zone. My son said he thinks it's friends playing pranks, but he doesn't know what friends. The calls come in as blocked calls on the caller ID. Any suggestions if it happens again. <BR clear="all">
    --
    Anggie

&#32;
    You snooze, you lose. Get messages ASAP with AutoCheck
    in the all-new Yahoo! Mail Beta.

herberkids3

Any suggestions? Yes. Don't answer the phone unless a number you

know comes up on caller ID, and you think it might be an emergency.

If you need to answer it, just tell them the same thing, and that

even in a different time zone, they can still obey the house rules,

or not talk to your son.

--- In Budget101_@yahoogroups.com, "Anggie Thompson" <anggiet@...>

wrote:

>

> I dont' think I mentioned to this group that my son totalled his

car on

> Memorial Day. This is the same kid that blew about $600 from his

savings

> with nothing to show for it. Now, the next car is on him and he

doesn't have

> so much in savings..........hopefully it is a lesson well learned.

> As to phone calls, for the last two nights, I've received calls at

midnight

> for him. The first time I said to him and the caller that we don't

accept

> calls that late. Last night, the same thing happened and I told

the caller

> that we don't accept calls at midnight and she claimed to be

calling from

> camp in a different time zone. My son said he thinks it's friends

playing

> pranks, but he doesn't know what friends. The calls come in as

blocked calls

> on the caller ID. Any suggestions if it happens again.

>

> --

> Anggie

> Fight Breast cancer......no one should die from it

>

armstrca

<DIV dir="ltr" align="left"><SPAN class="226200913-22062007">If your son is home, unplug the phones in your house. Then it doesn't matter if anyone calls.
    <DIV dir="ltr" align="left"><SPAN class="226200913-22062007">WTG for sticking to your guns on his finance state. Keep it up. Natural consequences are a great thing.

From: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Budget101_@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Anggie Thompson
    Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2007 9:08 AM
    To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com
    Subject: Budget101.com : savings & phone calls<SPAN class="226200913-22062007">
    <SPAN class="226200913-22062007">
    The calls come in as blocked calls on the caller ID. Any suggestions if it happens again.

Lois

Yes - I believe that *77 blocks blocked callers
    So they will either have to unblock their number to call you at midnight - or not call! Lois

Anggie Thompson <anggiet@gmail.com> wrote: I dont' think I mentioned to this group that my son totalled his car on Memorial Day. This is the same kid that blew about $600 from his savings with nothing to show for it. Now, the next car is on him and he doesn't have so much in savings..........hopefully it is a lesson
    well learned. As to phone calls, for the last two nights, I've received calls at midnight for him. The first time I said to him and the caller that we don't accept calls that late. Last night, the same thing happened and I told the caller that we don't accept calls at midnight and she claimed to be calling from camp in a different time zone. My son said he thinks it's friends playing pranks, but he doesn't know what friends. The calls come in as blocked calls on the caller ID. Any suggestions if it happens again. <BR clear="all">
    --
    Anggie

&#32;
    Luggage? GPS? Comic books?

Check out fitting gifts for grads at Yahoo! Search.

Cassie Homer

You should be able to call your phone company and have anonymous call rejection placed on your phone. That way, the caller has to dial *82 (or whatever your phone compnay has) and then the number and it will allow the call to go through. otherwise, the caller will hear "The party you are trying to reach does not accept calls from blocked numbers..." Cassie >My son said he thinks it's friends playing
    >pranks, but he doesn't know what friends. The calls come in as blocked calls
    >on the caller ID. Any suggestions if it happens again.

&#32;
    Building a website is a piece of cake.
    Yahoo! Small Business gives you all the tools to get online.

Herlean

Let the machine get all BLOCKED CALLS. If they don't leave a message with a number, they are S.O.L. If they do, YOU call them back at a decent hour and explain that in your home, no calls are accepted at that hour.

Herlean

Anggie Thompson <anggiet@gmail.com> wrote: I dont' think I mentioned to this group that my son totalled his car on Memorial Day. This is the same kid that blew about $600 from his savings with nothing to show for it. Now, the next car is on him and he doesn't have so much in savings..........hopefully it is a lesson well learned. As to phone calls, for the last two nights, I've received calls at midnight for him. The first time I said to him and the caller that we don't accept calls that late. Last night, the same thing happened and I told the caller that we don't accept calls at
    midnight and she claimed to be calling from camp in a different time zone. My son said he thinks it's friends playing pranks, but he doesn't know what friends. The calls come in as blocked calls on the caller ID. Any suggestions if it happens again.
    --
    Anggie
    Fight Breast cancer......no one should die from it [/quote]

&#32;
    Park yourself in front of a world of choices in alternative vehicles.
    Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center.