Baked French Toast with Blueberries

Baked French Toast with Blueberries 8 to 9 thick (1 to 1 1/2 inches) slices of Italian bread 6 large eggs 1/2 cup granulated sugar 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1 teaspoon vanilla 1/2 to 3/4 cup dried blueberries 3 cups milk (1% or 2% milk is fine) 1/4 cup brown sugar 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

teaspoon, bread, cinnamon, blueberries, sugar, milk, slices, butter, syrup, melted, maple, brown, baked, slice, serve, baking, dish, sprinkle, french, vanilla, eggs, toast, dried, large, minutes, browned, uncovered, bake, serves, meatballs, teaspoons, drizzle, remaining, sharp, spiced, spatula, mixed, orange, warm, berries, wedges, lift, knife, fruit, uncover, fresh, heat, granulated, arrange, ground

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Baked French Toast with Blueberries

Baked French Toast with Blueberries
    8 to 9 thick (1 to 1 1/2 inches) slices of Italian bread
    6 large eggs
    1/2 cup granulated sugar
    1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1/2 to 3/4 cup dried blueberries
    3 cups milk (1% or 2% milk is fine)
    1/4 cup brown sugar
    1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
    4 tablespoons butter, melted
    maple syrup
    Arrange bread slices in a lightly greased or sprayed 9x13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle dried blueberries over the slices.

In a large bowl, combine eggs, sugar, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, vanilla, and milk. Whisk to blend well. Pour the egg mixture evenly over bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
    Heat oven to 325. Uncover the baking dish. Sprinkle each slice of bread with a few teaspoons of brown sugar and remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Drizzle with the melted butter. Bake, uncovered, for 50 to 55 minutes, or until browned and set. Use a sharp knife to cut around each slice of bread then lift out with a spatula. Serve with maple syrup and orange wedges or fresh berries, or serve with warm spiced mixed fruit.
    Serves 6 to 8.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mos For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Baked French Toast with Blueberries

Oh my stars... I just don't think there was anywhere you could've went wrong with this recipe...french toast...blueberries...

You come up with the best recipes...

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Baked French Toast with Blueberries

Thanks gal... I love making up new recipes and share when they work;-D Yes, that means that I have had a few failures, but that just motivates me to tweak it until I get the results that I want!