Beef, Black Beans, and Rice

Beef, Black Beans, and Rice You can use any ground meat for this recipe -- I use whatever I find in the mark-down bin;-D 2 tablespoons vegetable oil 1/2 pound extra lean ground beef or ground turkey 1 cup chopped onions 1 cup chopped bell peppers 2 cloves garlic, minced 1 tablespoon lemon

sauce, beans, beef, rice, black, cooked, tomato, ground, juice, mustard, chili, lemon, tablespoon, canned, powder, small, heat, garlic, pepper, blended, cups, cayenne, tablespoons, chopped, onions, meat, amount, bowl, combine, times, sauté, green, tender, stirring, whisk, stir, flavors, minutes, stars, serve, cook, remaining, mixture, large, pound, vegetable, dash, mark-down, bin-d, teaspoon

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Beef, Black Beans, and Rice

Beef, Black Beans, and Rice
    You can use any ground meat for this recipe -- I use whatever I find in the mark-down bin;-D
    2 tablespoons vegetable oil
    1/2 pound extra lean ground beef or ground turkey
    1 cup chopped onions
    1 cup chopped bell peppers
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1 tablespoon lemon juice
    1 tablespoon mustard, prepared
    1 teaspoon chili powder
    2 tablespoons soy sauce
    dash cayenne pepper
    1 cup tomato sauce
    2 cups cooked or canned black beans, rinsed and drained (canned beans will raise the cost of the meal)

3 cups hot cooked rice
    Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add beef, onions, green pepper, and garlic. Sauté until tender, stirring several times.
    In a small bowl combine lemon juice, mustard, chili powder, soy sauce, and cayenne with a small amount of tomato sauce and whisk until thoroughly blended. Stir in remaining tomato sauce, then add to meat mixture. Add beans and cook for 20 minutes, or until flavors are well blended.
    Serve with hot cooked rice.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mos For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Beef, Black Beans, and Rice

Gonna have to try this one too! Sounds Yummy...but wonder if I can use chicken...May have to try it both ways.

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

As I said, I use whatever is in the mark-down bin. I've used chicken, beef, turkey, and pork. Each has a different flavor of course, so it's never the 'same old recipe.' The key to keeping the cost down is using dried beans. I keep those in stock. I'll cook up a batch in the slow cooker overnight and then freeze them in two-cup portions. When I take out the last container, I put on another batch. And I do this with all beans/peas so I always have options based on what I find in the mark-down bin;-D
    Experiment and let me know what you think...

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

This looks really good and thank you for reminding me how well cooked beans will freeze. I have come to rely on canned but I am going to change that!

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Good for you! They not only save you money, they taste so much better you do the cooking and add your favorite seasonings;-D