Honey-Mustard Chicken Wings

Honey-Mustard Chicken Wings 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard or prepared mustard with horseradish 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon honey 1/3 cup plain dry bread crumbs 1-1/2 pounds chicken wine drumettes (about 16 pieces) 1/4 teaspoon Hungarian paprika, preferably hot (optional) Preheat the

Other, wings, mustard, crumbs, bread, chicken, bowl, cookie, place, sheet, spray, paprika, honey-mustard, honey, teaspoon, brush, combine, shallow, small, separate, wing, excess, minutes, bake, crisp, nocomment, warm, serve, desired, shake, roll, mixture, nonstick, sprinkle, sections, oven, plain, 1-1/2, tablespoon, horseradish, tablespoons, spicy, brown, prepared, pounds, wine, optional, preheat, degrees, preferably

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Honey-Mustard Chicken Wings

Honey-Mustard Chicken Wings
    2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard or prepared mustard with horseradish
    1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon honey
    1/3 cup plain dry bread crumbs
    1-1/2 pounds chicken wine drumettes (about 16 pieces)
    1/4 teaspoon Hungarian paprika, preferably hot (optional)
    Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick spray.

Combine the mustard and honey in a small bowl. Place the bread crumbs in a separate shallow bowl. Brush each wing sections with the mustard mixture. Roll each in bread crumbs. Shake off the excess.
    Place the wings on the cookie sheet and sprinkle with paprika, if desired. Bake the wings 30 minutes, or until crisp. Serve warm.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mos For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Honey-Mustard Chicken Wings

DH and I absolutely LOVE chicken wings! This recipe definitely sounds like something I want to try...but was wondering if regular paprika would work. I don't have Hungarian Paprika, just the regular...what would be the difference flavor wise?

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hungarian Paprika has a ranking -- hot or mild. The paprika that you buy in the grocery store is mild. That is, of course, if your grocery doesn't have a 'specialty' spice section. Mine does and I can get the hot in a much larger container than the regular jars on the regular aisle.
    If you don't have the option that I have, try mixing a couple of dashes of Louisiana Hot Sauce mixed in with the mustard or a couple of dashes of tobasco.
    Experiment to see what you and DH like. After you try the initial recipe, the next time that you make it try rolling the wings in freshly shredded Parmesan cheese as soon as you take them out of the oven...it's a whole new meal!

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Holy smokes!! I love the alternative idea!!

What do you think about maybe adding a pinch of cayenne/red pepper to the paprika...would that be somewhat the same?

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

You can make chicken wings for dinner two weeks in a row using my recipe and the change up the following week...as I said, it's a whole different flavor and no one will be the wiser!
    Mixing cayenne with the paprika would work fine. Keep adding dashes of the cayenne until you get the intensity that you're comfortable with

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

These sound yummy! Gonna have to try these some night too!!!
    Thanks for sharing this!

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Your are welcome! Hope you enjoy them;-D