Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Left Over Layering aka Planned overs - ground beef

Ground meat is another super versatile meat.

With ground meat, I usually cook 8-10 lbs. at once. I add a ground beef seasoning mix and onions with 2-3 minced garlic cloves. After cooking, I drain well and let cool. Then package the cooled meat into 1/2 -3/4 lb freezer baggies and freeze. Instant meals ready to go when I am.

From these frozen packs of cooked meat, I can make any type hamburger helper-commercial or homemade, taco soup, hamburger soup/stew, nachos, burritos, enchiladas, tacos, casseroles, beans and burger, burger and rice, ground beef pot pies, lasagnas, can be added into baked beans, spaghetti, ziti, chili, can even be used as pizza toppings...

Another option, after buying bulk packages of ground meat, repackage it, raw, to suit your needs. I will usually make up bunches of seasoned hamburger patties and use either wax paper or press n go in between sets of raw burgers. When we're ready to have burgers, just thaw and cook...super simple.
    I also make up raw and cooked, (seperate of course) , misc type meatballs, salisbury steak, hamburger steak-although many times I use the cooked burgers and freeze for this, and etc... Just add a gravy, we usually use a mushroom and onion gravy, OR add a tomato/marinara sauce, a side dish, salad, and voila, dinner is ready!

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Left Over Layering aka Planned overs - ground beef

This is a good idea I normally bulk and make a lot of stuff like spag bol etc. But sometimes I just want to have the beef ready.