Recycled Button Bracelet- Crafts & Homemade Items

I don't remember where I came across this but DD and I did this together a few years ago, and her friends really liked them...we started a trend for a little while. lol Recycled Button Bracelet Note: Please supervise the use of buttons with young children. Depending on the length of your

elastic, bracelet, buttons, inches, long, approximately, piece, stringing, small, making, recommend, cord, recycled, knot, colors, button, uniform, remember, place, miniature, clip, paper, clothespin, generally, begin, simply, simple, leaving, wear, child, cutting, base, ready, slide, finished, double, excess, trim, hand, trend, medium, collection, markets, started, flea, sales, yard, children, depending, young

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Recycled Button Bracelet

I don't remember where I came across this but DD and I did this together a few years ago, and her friends really liked them...we started a trend for a little while. lol

Recycled Button Bracelet
    Note: Please supervise the use of buttons with young children.

Depending on the length of your bracelet you will need approximately 66 small to medium buttons in various colors. I had collection from yard sales and flea markets and some of my mothers old buttons. Beading elastic - .5 mm or 1 mm stretch elastic or you may have some white elastic bead cord or even a piece of cord. But I do recommend elastic.

Directions:

A standard size bracelet is 7 inches long so you want to cut a piece of elastic 9 inches long; this gives you enough elastic to tie a knot.

Then simply begin stringing your buttons through the elastic. I generally mix the colors so they are uniform through out the bracelet.

Place a small miniature clothespin or a paper clip at one end of the elastic so the buttons don't slide off while stringing. Once you've finished stringing your bracelet approximately 7 inches long, tie the bracelet in a double hand knot, and trim off excess elastic. It's ready to wear.

It is simple as that. If you are making a bracelet for a child or they are making their own I would recommend cutting a piece of elastic approximately 7 inches long leaving the base of the bracelet 5 inches.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsPaws For This Useful Post:

Creator & Designer of Budget101.com
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Recycled Button Bracelet

I'd love to see a photo of the finished product, this looks like a great project to add to our Crafts/Scrapbooking Pages: Budget101.com - - Crafts ~Scrapbooking
    ~Liss~
    Creator & Designer of
    www.Budget101.com
    www.GroceryBudget101.com
    Budget101 Forums
    KitchenMixGifts.Budget101.com

*Newbies*
    Forum How To Guide

**The happiest people are not those with the best or the most of everything, The happiest people know how to make the best of everything they have.**

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

DD and I've been looking for this since yesterday, but aren't sure what's happened to it.
    We made this a few years ago and so much has happened since then...BUT she and I are gonna try to make another one if I can find enough loose buttons. If we do, I'll have her take a photo and put it on my profile or something or another...She's much more high tech than I. :/

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

MrsPaws!!!
    I Gotta Smile regarding this post!!!
    I have seen some great buttons at JoAnn Fabrics stores.
    They come in little packets with a theme...ex. dog bones, dog dish, paw print...
    This is a perfect way to use them for creative jewelry ware.

I have also used buttons to put into polymer clay for decoration on necklace pieces.
    Thanks for sharing your idea!!
    " Laughter is the Best Medicine!"

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Really!! We have a JoAnn's locally...hhhmmmm...I may have to run in there and see what they've got.
    Thanks for the info!!