Commissary Savings

Guess I should have looked harder, found this minutes after I posted this. Can I use coupons generated from the Internet in a commissary? Yes, commissaries gladly accept Internet or home-printed coupons provided they meet the following requirements - the coupons must have a typical barcode

coupons, internet, commissary, barcode, expiration, accept, requirements, found, products, procter, accepted, acceptable, gamble, experiences, michelle, information, authorize, commissaries, gladly, provided, home-printed, generated, guess, savings, looked, harder, minutes, stated, required, coupon, identification, product, typical, number, databar

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Smart Budgeter
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question Commissary Savings

Guess I should have looked harder, found this minutes after I posted this.

Can I use coupons generated from the Internet in a commissary?

Yes, commissaries gladly accept Internet or home-printed coupons provided they meet the following requirements - the coupons must have a typical barcode and Product Identification Number (PIN) or GS1 DataBar. A Dot Scan Barcode may appear below the expiration date, but is only required if stated on the coupon, e.g., "Do not accept without a Dot Scan Barcode below the expiration date." Internet coupons cannot be accepted for free products, however, "Buy One Get One Free" coupons are acceptable if they meet all other requirements.

Procter and Gamble (P & G) does not authorize Internet coupons for any of their products.

So, since I've found the information I'd like to know what your experiences have been at your commissary if you've tried to use Internet coupons.
    Thanks.
    Michelle

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Commissary shoppers

The commissary in APG is super about this; if the home-printed coupons have a double bar code on them, they will take them. If the do not, then they are not any good. Sometimes I email to the company directly & ask that the coupons be snail-mailed to my home. Don't hesitate to phone your commissary 2 days before you go; I've done that & tell them when you expect to be there, that you want to make sure what the coupon policy will be on THAT day.

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yes they accept home printed coupons as long as they have all the right info on them! Must have the bar cods and address info and expiration dates listed. I've only had one coupon rejected because the bar code didn't print right (my printer messed up!) I go once a month to the commissary-- my main grocery trip! I have for over 15 years and never had a problem!

Freebies Make My Day
    Downloads
    Uploads

Dumb question here. What is a Commissary (is this something military?)?
    Hope Everyone Is Enjoying The Day. Best Wishes From MN ~ Pamela

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by jkpjohnson View Post
    Dumb question here. What is a Commissary (is this something military?)?
    Yes! Commissary's are grocery stores for military shoppers on a military base.

Domestic Goddess
    Downloads
    Uploads

The closest commissary to me is 2 hours away, so it's not worth me going there to shop.

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by justicemsb View Post
    The closest commissary to me is 2 hours away, so it's not worth me going there to shop.
    I'm 92 miles away from the closest one. I only go there once a month and tie all my errands into one big trip. Once a few years ago I decided it was to much and to far so shopped locally. Instead of spending $250 to feed 7 of us I got off brand stuff to save money and spent $578! the meat was awful some of it our dogs wouldn't even eat! I don't know how people make it shopping locally!

It's worth the drive for me to go there but i do only shop once a month and get everything I need including milk and freeze it. To feed the 7 of us I couldn't survive if I had to shop locally. This year we'll reach the point where we'll grow all our own foods and we have chickens now, just need to get the cows again. then we'll only shop quarterly and eventually once a year. But for now I make the drive! It's well worth it for my family!

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I don't know how people make it shopping locally!
    My brother has a farm and I'm blessed that way. He has cows, pigs and chickens. Sharing on the feed cost & some of the other cost is a big savings for me. Before this I used to go to a local farmer and purchase a side of beef or get a pig. I also can out of the garden.. And enjoy the local harvest from the orchards here. Love the Aldi's & Save Alot Stores here for other staples. And the coupons are a real saving, but use them in other store. I guess all of us here learn to adjust to what we have in our reach of resoures .. And learn from everyone here as well..
    JoAnn
    "Joy is not in things. It is within us"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast