Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    M F

Default advice on land phone

I read that Vonage is going out of business plus where we live I can't keep the same phone number. I would like to know if anyone has Sunrocket, Packet8 or Lingo for their land phone company, and do you have good experience. We are paying ateast $80 a month on local and long distance. I am not comfortable with cell phone only, even though we have 4 cell phones in our family. When the contract expires on the cell phones, I will then swich to pay as you go.

Thank you,
    Melissa

Choose the right car based on your needs. Check out Yahoo! Autos new Car Finder tool.

None Such

The news of Vonage’s death was a bit
    pre-mature.

If you want a real cheap VOIP alternative,
    try Skype ( www.skype.com ). Their service
    is excellent if you use a headphones & a computer. It works pretty
    well with just a Laptop and they have an adaptor that connects to your home’s
    phone wiring that works, but no so well when I tried it.

[mailto:Budget101_@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
    Of
    M F

Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2007 9:39
    AM

To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com;
    Frugal-Folks-Life@yahoogroups.com; ;

Subject: Budget101.com : advice on
    land phone

14.0pt;">I read that Vonage is going out of business plus where we live I can't
    keep the same phone number. I would like to know if anyone has Sunrocket,
    Packet8 or Lingo for their land phone company, and do you have good
    experience. We are paying ateast $80 a month on local and long
    distance. I am not comfortable with cell phone only, even though we have
    4 cell phones in our family. When the contract expires on the cell
    phones, I will then swich to pay as you go.

Thank you,

Melissa

<hr size="1" width="100%" align="center">

Choose the right car based on your needs. Check out <a href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=48518/*http:/autos.yahoo.com/carfinder/;_ylc=X3oDMTE3NWsyMDd2BF9TAzk3MTA3MDc2BHNlYwNtYWls dGFncwRzbGsDY2FyLWZpbmRlcg--%20">Yahoo!
    Autos new Car Finder tool.</a>

armstrca

<DIV dir="ltr" align="left"><SPAN class="077505716-29052007">Sage is good. I haven't heard of the other companies (I am in the Houston area).

From: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Budget101_@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of M F
    Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2007 8:39 AM
    To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com; Frugal-Folks-Life@yahoogroups.com; ;
    Subject: Budget101.com : advice on land phone<SPAN class="077505716-29052007">
    <FONT face="Tahoma"><SPAN class="077505716-29052007">
    I read that Vonage is going out of business plus where we live I can't keep the same phone number. I would like to know if anyone has Sunrocket, Packet8 or Lingo for their land phone company, and do you have good experience.

armstrca

<DIV dir="ltr" align="left"><SPAN class="408380417-29052007">Is Vonage VOIP?
    <DIV dir="ltr" align="left"><SPAN class="408380417-29052007">That is something I could never have (VOIP). VOIP works on digital phones (push button). If you still have one of the old dial (analog) phones hanging around, it doesn't work with them. I have push-button walk-around phones. But my throw-down phone to use when my power goes out is a dial phone.
    <DIV dir="ltr" align="left"><SPAN class="408380417-29052007">Another point, with VOIP, your phone goes dead (even if it is plugged into the wall) when the power goes out. The VOIP is hooked to your internet service. So if the interface doesn't work (no power) the phone doesn't work.

From: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Budget101_@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of None Such
    Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2007 9:31 AM
    Subject: RE: Budget101.com : advice on land phone<SPAN class="408380417-29052007">
    <SPAN class="408380417-29052007">
    If you want a real cheap VOIP alternative, try Skype ( www.skype.com ). Their service is excellent if you use a headphones & a computer. It works pretty well with just a Laptop and they have an adaptor that connects to your home's phone wiring that works, but no so well when I tried it.

Maja Drouin

We used to have sunrocket, I wasnt aware that Vonage is going out of business - kinda doesnt surprise me.I did some researching on Vonage vs Sunrocket - and we went with Sunrocket, as they didnt charge any early termination fee - I personally dont like to be tied down in a commitment.We experienced several issues with Sunrocket, like dropped calls etc, and we thought the issues was at Sunrocket so we cancelled it, and switched over to a reg. landline -unfortunatelylater on it turned out that it was actually our internet provider Charter who was at fault, we are absolutely sick of them -their service sucks) but they are the only provider in our area.Anyway charter was the issueas we had 3 mb at that time, but only actually received more like 2, later on we upgraded to 5 with charter so Im sure sunrocket would work for us now, but it is just so much work going back and forth constantly. They offer great deals where all the features are included
    in their monthly costs.

http://www.12dollarclub.comenterID "zesty" in the box. Love jerky - want to earn extra cash - awesome opportunity.

&#32;

<table><td>
    Alt i n. F Yahoo! Mail med adressekartotek, kalender og notesblok.

Maja Drouin

If you go with Vonage, then watch out, they do an early termination fee..! + other hidden fees, andSunrocket doesnt.

http://www.12dollarclub.comenterID "zesty" in the box. Love jerky - want to earn extra cash - awesome opportunity.

&#32;

<table><td>
    Alt i n. F Yahoo! Mail med adressekartotek, kalender og notesblok.

Kanette

<div style="font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12pt;"><DIV style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt;FONT-FAMILY: arial, helvetica, sans-serif;">I have Sunrocket and have not had any problems with it at all. We paid the full year so our bill is only $200 once a year!! Gotta love that!!!

----- Original Message ----
    Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2007 8:39:13 AM
    Subject: Budget101.com : advice on land phone

<DIV style="FONT-SIZE: 14pt;FONT-FAMILY: times new roman, new york, times, serif;">
    I read that Vonage is going out of business plus where we live I can't keep the same phone number. I would like to know if anyone has Sunrocket, Packet8 or Lingo for their land phone company, and do you have good experience. We are paying ateast $80 a month on local and long distance. I am not comfortable with cell phone only, even though we have 4 cell phones in our family. When the contract expires on the cell phones, I will then swich to pay as you go.

Thank you,
    Melissa

Choose the right car based on your needs. Check out Yahoo! Autos new Car Finder tool.

Mindy Chemacki

I have been using Packet 8 since June 2004 and I love it. They are fairly

reliable and super cheap! Give them a try. I think you will really be happy.

For those of you, who haven't been there, visit

www.packet8.net<http://www.packet8.net/> for details on how you can take

advantage of this terrific service. If you sign up, please tell them that I

referred you.

God Bless,

Mindy Chemacki

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast