Jessica White

Default Book Themed Birthday

Looking for great ideas for decorating and food for a book themed toddler party. I am really looking to bring the theme alive. I want to make our living room feel like a library.I was going to take the pillows off the beds and make a little area next to the fireplace to read. We do have two large bookshelves in the room so it kind of feels like a place to read. However this is also a party so I was hoping to have some background music (any ideas) and places to sit refreshments (ideas?). We have an eat in kitchen so cake (book shaped) and icecream will be served from in there. I will probably have a fruit tray as well as punch in there. I was thinking the kids would probably hang out in my daughter's room or outside depending on the weather. I was going to set up a tent they could crawl inside and play in. Now my daughter is a mature two. She plays quite well with older kids. I am expecting 10-12 kids ages 2-12 to come. So I really need activities to keep them busy and happy. The party is only a max of 3hrs probably closer to 2hrs. I figured we would spend the first 30 just meet and greet. Then do cake and icecream. Then have some fun time for 30 minutes or so. Then do the presents (all of which are books). There will be quite a few adults there and I figured family could trade off watching the kids for 20 minutes each, plus that gives grandparents time to play with Maggie. I am really needing ideas just to finish off the party. Maybe some fun names for the snack trays etc. Also what music should be playing and what else could I do to make our home feel inviting but cozy and include the theme? You guys always come up with great ideas. Looking forward to hearing from you. -Jessica White

--
    God's grace and peace be with you.

Please visit my website at:

Visit E.W.E.-Turn Ministry at:

cindy

Default Book Themed Birthday

It sounds like you have it all planned. After my experiences with my

kids partys I would suggest that you skip the music. That many kids

will make so much noise that you won't notice it, enless it is just

adding to the chaos. Acting out a great book with the kids might be

fun. I have seen this with the Five Little Monkeys books and Going on

a Bear Hunt. Relax and have fun, the more you plan, the more there is

that can go wrong. You are going to have a great party.

Cindy

> what else could I do to make our home feel inviting but cozy and

include the

> theme? You guys always come up with great ideas. Looking forward to

> hearing from you. -Jessica White

>

> --