Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Date-Nut Gems Mix
11-21-2011, 02:35 AM #1
- Join Date
- Oct 2011
- Jacksonville, NC
- Blog Entries
Date-Nut Gems Mix
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/2 cup walnut pieces, chopped
1/2 t. baking powder
1/8 t. salt
1 cup chopped dates
1. Layer all ingredients except dates attractively in any order into 1-quart
food storage jar with tight-fitting lid. Pack ingredients down slightly before
adding another layer. Place dates in resealable plastic food storage bag; seal
bag. Use dates as final layer in jar.
2. Cover top of jar with fabric; attach gift tag with raffia or ribbon.
Makes one 1-quart jar.
Date Nut Gems
1 jar Date-Nut Gems Mix
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 t. rum extract
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly grease cookie sheets. Remove dates from
plastic food storage bag in jar. Place dates in small bowl and add water; set
2. Beat butter in large bowl until smooth. Beat in egg and rum extract until
blended. (Mixture may appear curdled.) Add remaining cookie mix to butter
mixture; stir until well blended. Add oil and beat until well blended. Drain
dates and stir into dough.
3. Drop level tablespoonfuls dough about 1 1/2 inches apart onto prepared
cookie sheets; flatten dough slightly. Bake 14 minutes or until just set.
Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Makes 2 dozen cookies