Snack- Fruit Pizza
Your kids will have a blast decorating this tasty fruit pizza.
Fruits in an assortment of shapes and sizes allow your kids to make
faces, designs, or fun shapes. INGREDIENTS:
1 Ready to bake piecrust(or your favorite recipe)
1/2 cup soft spread fat-free or low-fat cream cheese
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon 1% milk
a selection of berries and sliced fruits
(blueberries,strawberries,bananas,kiwis,seedless grapes sliced in
half,mandarin orange sections,pineapple,ect...)
1. Let the piecrust come to room temperature per the package
instructions, then unfold it onto a large cookie sheet or pizza pan.
2. Roll up edges of the crust,crimping them slightly so that
they'll stay rolled up. Prick the crust lightly with a fork in about
20 places(allowing air to escape).
3. Bake the crust in a preheated 450 degree oven for about 9
minutes or until it's lightly browned. Remove from the oven and let
4. As the crust bakes, whisk together the cream cheese,sugar,and
vanilla extract, adding just enough milk to make it spreadable. When
the crust has cooled, spread on the cream-cheese mixture with a
rubber spatula, bringing it to the edge of the pizza.
5. Arrange the fruit on the pizza and don't stint on the
creativity. Your kids can make a wild mosaic or a fruit face. If
they like, sprinkle the pizza with shredded coconut. Slice with a
sharp knife and serve, or refrigerate. Serves 8.
Tags for this Thread