Freezers- Budget101 Discussion List

Hi all, I have considered getting a small chest freezer to buy more items in bulk when they're on sale or making dinners and freezing them and hopefully cut down on our take out food costs and unhealthy consumption. I have always hesitated because I have been concerned the electricity it would

bee, brand, bulk, buy, eco, energy, food, healthy, hey, items, mail, money, movie, news, run, sale, showtime, small, tools, yahoo, freezers, costs, freezer, involved, running, time, theyahoo, search, shortcut, flick, find, cassie, efficient, electricity, making, dinners, freezing, considered, chest, concerned, consume, economical, outweigh, hesitated, consumption, unhealthy, benefits

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Freezers

Cassie Homer

Default Freezers

Hi all, I have considered getting a small chest freezer to buy more items in bulk when they're on sale or making dinners and freezing them and hopefully cut down on our take out food costs and unhealthy consumption. I have always hesitated because I have been concerned the electricity it would consume would outweigh the economical benefits of the freezer. For those of you who use freezers, what do you think of the money involved in costs of running them? Is a brand better and more energy efficient than another brand? Thanks, Cassie

8:00? 8:25? 8:40? <a href="
    http://tools.search.yahoo.com/shortcuts/?fr=oni_on_mail&#news"> Find a flick</a> in no time
    with the<a href="

http://tools.search.yahoo.com/shortcuts/?fr=oni_on_mail&#news">Yahoo! Search movie showtime shortcut.</a>

Carrie

Default Freezers

I have a freezer and I have had it for 15 years so I really don't know what it adds to our hydro bill. I do know that chest freezers are more efficient than uprights. Look for an energy star label if you are looking for an efficient one. I have a kenmore and I have had it for many years. I feel that I have saved a ton of money over the years with my little freezer. I can always stock up on sales of meat. Meat is such an expensive part of our grocery budget it really helps to stock up when it is on sale. One recommendation that I do have is do not get too big of freezer. they run more efficiently when they are fuller. My freezer is a small 7 cubic feet. i find that it is a perfect size for our family of 4. It is not too big that things get lost in it. I find that I am able to use things up before they get old and freezer burned. When we bought our freezer it was just the 2 of us. I always thought that I would have to get a bigger one when I had kids but this size has
    worked well for us. My mom has a huge freezer and she has to go through it every year an throw out food that has gotten freezer burned because it got lost in the bottom. Carrie

Cassie Homer <cassiehomer@yahoo.com> wrote: I have considered getting a small chest freezer to buy more items in bulk when they're on sale or making dinners

&#32;
    All new Yahoo! Mail -
    Get a sneak peak at messages with a handy reading pane.

~trina~

Default Freezers

I bought a chest freezer (7cu feet?) and
    it costs very very little per year to run.

I have an energy efficient one and bought
    from Sams club.

You may check online at www.samsclub.com it may very well give
    costs ~trina~

-----Original Message-----

[mailto:Budget101_@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
    Of
    Cassie Homer

Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2007 1:09
    PM

To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com

Subject: Budget101.com : Freezers

Hi all,

I have considered getting a small chest freezer to buy
    more items in bulk when they're on sale or making dinners and freezing them and
    hopefully cut down on our take out food costs and unhealthy consumption.
    I have always hesitated because I have been concerned the electricity it would
    consume would outweigh the economical benefits of the freezer. For those
    of you who use freezers, what do you think of the money involved in costs of
    running them? Is a brand better and more energy efficient than another
    brand?

Thanks,

Cassie

<hr size="1" width="100%" align="center">

8:00?
    8:25? 8:40? <a href="%0d%0ahttp:/tools.search.yahoo.com/shortcuts/?fr=oni_on_mail&#news">Find
    a flick</a> in no time

with the<a href="%0d%0ahttp:/tools.search.yahoo.com/shortcuts/?fr=oni_on_mail&#news">Yahoo!
    Search movie showtime shortcut.</a> <font color="white"><span style="color:<span width="1">

Monica

Default Freezers

We have a commercial size upright freezer and have never noticed a change in our electric bill since having it. We used to have a very old fridge/freezer (over 15yrs old) and even with that I don't think our bill increased more than a few cents each month.

You could try asking for one on your local freecycle if you are still concerned. It will be older but free and if you think your bill changes to much you can re-freecycle it. But honestly, I wouldn't worry about it. I'm sure I've saved hundreds on bulk purchases and pre-prepared meals that saved ordering in.

Monica in IL

armstrca

Default Freezers

<DIV dir="ltr" align="left"><SPAN class="835550913-11042007">They are all about the same (very low maintenance and cost). Get a manual defrost chest freezer - not a frost free or an upright. They use little energy and are very efficient. I have a 3.8 cu ft chest freezer. The frost free's & uprights use more energy then the others.

From: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Budget101_@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Cassie Homer
    Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2007 3:09 PM
    Subject: Budget101.com : Freezers<SPAN class="835550913-11042007">
    <SPAN class="835550913-11042007">
    I have considered getting a small chest freezer. I have always hesitated because I have been concerned the electricity it would consume would outweigh the economical benefits of the freezer.

Herlean

Default Freezers

We have one stand alone freezer (stand up type, not chest type). I do know that is is more efficient in your house than in the garage. We put ours in the utility room with washer & dryer. Put it someplace that will not be damaging carpet if it leaks.Fill up empty milk jugs with water for the empty space. It will work better that way. Herlean

Cassie Homer <cassiehomer@yahoo.com> wrote: Hi all, I have considered getting a small chest freezer to buy more items in bulk when they're on sale or making dinners and freezing them and hopefully cut down on our take out food costs and unhealthy consumption. I have always hesitated because I have been concerned the electricity it would consume would outweigh the economical
    benefits of the freezer. For those of you who use freezers, what do you think of the money involved in costs of running them? Is a brand better and more energy efficient than another brand? Thanks, Cassie 8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time
    with theYahoo! Search movie showtime shortcut.

&#32;
    Need Mail bonding?
    Go to the Yahoo! Mail Q&A for great tips from Yahoo! Answers users.

Herlean

Default Freezers

I am still debating selling our current house (a single family residence with a yard) and moving into a condo. Among the ideas that are running through my head: <UL> <LI>Will getting a condo that is less expensive than our current home really save money?</LI> <LI>What about condo fees? Will they negate the savings in house payments?</LI> <LI>Will we ever be able to afford to buy a house like this one we currently have again in the future, since real estate appreciates?</LI> <LI>I really want our kids to grow up in a house with a yard to play in, like we have now, but the debt situation sometimes seems like a mountain crushing down on us and I wonder if one is truly better than the other.</LI> <LI>Ideally, we want to keep our current house, but if we have to sell and move, how much does a realtor cost?</LI> <LI>The cost of storage of our stuff while open houses are running? Very little extra $$$ for a storage unit. Forget PODS like
    you see on t.v., they are really expensive.</LI> <LI>Will we truly be saving money by moving? The cost of preparing the house for sale, packing,storage, moving, finding another place, paying the realtor, fees associated with all that (does anybody truly know what the costs are?)</LI>[/list]Help!!!!! Thanks! Herlean

&#32;
    We won't tell. Get more on <a href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=49980/*http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265
    ">shows you hate to love</a>
    (and love to hate): <a href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=49980/*http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265
    ">Yahoo! TV's Guilty Pleasures list.</a>

Makalei Ohlund

Default Freezers

Herlean, what kind of equity do you have in your current home? Will you

walk away with $$ after the fact? The housing market is not working in a

sellers favor right now, have you had an analysis done to see what the

current market value is? I am a Realtor and also a Mortgage Loan Officer

so the first ideas that run into my head are What are you going to gain

vs. What are you sacrificing. A realtors fees vary but I definately do not

advise trying it on your own if you are already stressed and in a

financial bind. Where I live, Realtors get 6% of the sale price.

> I am still debating selling our current house (a single family residence

> with a yard) and moving into a condo. Among the ideas that are running

> through my head:

>

> Will getting a condo that is less expensive than our current home

> really save money? What about condo fees? Will they negate the

> savings in house payments? Will we ever be able to afford to buy a

> house like this one we currently have again in the future, since real

> estate appreciates? I really want our kids to grow up in a house

> with a yard to play in, like we have now, but the debt situation

> sometimes seems like a mountain crushing down on us and I wonder if

> one is truly better than the other. Ideally, we want to keep our

> current house, but if we have to sell and move, how much does a

> realtor cost? The cost of storage of our stuff while open houses

> are running? Very little extra $$$ for a storage unit. Forget PODS

> like you see on t.v., they are really expensive. Will we truly be

> saving money by moving? The cost of preparing the house for sale,

> packing, storage, moving, finding another place, paying the realtor,

> fees associated with all that (does anybody truly know what the costs

> are?)

> Help!!!!!

>

> Thanks!

>

> Herlean

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> We won't tell. Get more on shows you hate to love

> (and love to hate): Yahoo! TV's Guilty Pleasures list.

armstrca

Default Freezers

<DIV dir="ltr" align="left"><SPAN class="629392415-11042007">Stay where you are if you can. It will be cheaper in the long run.
    <DIV dir="ltr" align="left"><SPAN class="629392415-11042007">Answers below.
    <DIV dir="ltr" align="left"><SPAN class="629392415-11042007">

From: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Budget101_@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Herlean
    Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2007 10:06 AM
    Subject: Re: Budget101.com : Housing Costs<SPAN class="629392415-11042007">
    <SPAN class="629392415-11042007">
    I am still debating selling our current house (a single family residence with a yard) and moving into a condo. Among the ideas that are running through my head:
    <UL>
    <LI>Will getting a condo that is less expensive than our current home really save money?<SPAN class="629392415-11042007"> Maint fees and be fairly expensive and can go up on you (as voted on by the assoc for the condo) <LI>What about condo fees? Will they negate the savings in house payments?<SPAN class="629392415-11042007"> Maybe <LI>Ideally, we want to keep our current house, but if we have to sell and move, how much does a realtor cost?<SPAN class="629392415-11042007"> usually 6% of the sale (3% for both realtors - the seller's & the buyer's - unless it has gone up) <LI>Will we truly be saving money by moving?<SPAN class="629392415-11042007">Prob not - unless you downsize alot and go into a MUCH cheaper neighborhood.The cost of preparing the house for sale, packing,storage, moving, finding another place, paying the realtor, fees associated with all that (does anybody truly know what the costs are?)<SPAN class="629392415-11042007"> They are not cheap. You will need to repaint, fix any outdoor damage, do any repairs the buyer would want done (per their houseinspector's recommendations)</LI>[/list]

marie selders

Default Freezers

I think you should be careful with the condo idea. We had a friend who owned a condo. She said that the condo association wanted to do some repairs for the property and everyone in the complex had to pay $5,000 because the repairs were for the community property. She had no choice but to pay it, in addition to her regular fee. Other than that bit of info, I have no other experience with condos. Good luck.

Herlean <wm_jun99@yahoo.com> wrote: I am still debating selling our current house (a single family residence with a
    yard) and moving into a condo. Among the ideas that are running through my head: <UL> <LI>Will getting a condo that is less expensive than our current home really save money?</LI> <LI>What about condo fees? Will they negate the savings in house payments?</LI> <LI>Will we ever be able to afford to buy a house like this one we currently have again in the future, since real estate appreciates?</LI> <LI>I really want our kids to grow up in a house with a yard to play in, like we have now, but the debt situation sometimes seems like a mountain crushing down on us and I wonder if one is truly better than the other.</LI> <LI>Ideally, we want to keep our current house, but if we have to sell and move, how much does a realtor cost?</LI> <LI>The cost of storage of our stuff while open houses are running? Very little extra $$$ for a storage unit. Forget PODS like you see on t.v., they are really expensive.</LI> <LI>Will we truly be saving money
    by moving? The cost of preparing the house for sale, packing,storage, moving, finding another place, paying the realtor, fees associated with all that (does anybody truly know what the costs are?)</LI>[/list]Help!!!!! Thanks! Herlean We won't tell. Get more on shows you hate to love
    (and love to hate): Yahoo! TV's Guilty Pleasures list.

&#32;
    <a href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=49938/*http://tools.search.yahoo.com/toolbar/features/mail/">Never miss an email again!
    Yahoo! Toolbar</a> alerts you the instant new Mail arrives.<a href="
    http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=49937/*http://tools.search.yahoo.com/toolbar/features/mail/"> Check it out.</a>

Herlean

Default Freezers

Thanks for your reply. I am thinking that as we can afford it, it would be best to just make the changes to our house that we want to do for ourselves, including painting, removing wall-to-wall carpeting and installing different flooring, improving our closets, etc. After doing all that, who would want to move??? Truly, we do like our home, its location, the school system. Sometimes, it feels like the debts are completely taking over and since it is the most expensive thing we pay for each month, it would appear on some level, to make sense to consider moving. In the end, I don't see how we would truly come out ahead. Since I would rather not move over and over again with kids, I would prefer to move to another great school district not too far away, even into a smaller place. Though, with a growing family, not downsizing, we can really use the space we have. Why is so much of life tied to money? ARGH!!!!! I would consider getting a PT job in the evenings, but I would just end up giving all the money to the sitter. So, it is not worth it. Thanks again, Herlean

armstrca <carmstr1@ems.jsc.nasa.gov> wrote: <DIV dir="ltr" align="left"><SPAN class="629392415-11042007">Stay where you are if you can. It will be cheaper in the long run. <DIV dir="ltr" align="left"><SPAN class="629392415-11042007">Answers below. <DIV dir="ltr" align="left"><SPAN class="629392415-11042007">
    From: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Budget101_@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Herlean
    Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2007 10:06 AM
    Subject: Re: Budget101.com : Housing Costs<SPAN class="629392415-11042007"> <SPAN class="629392415-11042007">
    I am still debating selling our current house (a single family residence with a yard) and moving into a condo. Among the ideas that are running through my head: <UL> <LI>Will getting a condo that is less expensive than our current home really save money?<SPAN class="629392415-11042007"> Maint fees and be fairly expensive and can go up on you (as voted on by the assoc for the condo) <LI>What about condo fees? Will they negate the savings in house payments?<SPAN class="629392415-11042007"> Maybe <LI>Ideally, we want to keep our current house, but if we have to sell and move, how much does a realtor cost?<SPAN class="629392415-11042007"> usually 6% of the sale (3% for both realtors - the seller's & the buyer's - unless it has gone up) <LI>Will we truly be saving money by moving?<SPAN class="629392415-11042007">Prob not - unless you downsize alot and go into a MUCH cheaper neighborhood.The cost of preparing the house for sale, packing,storage, moving, finding another place,
    paying the realtor, fees associated with all that (does anybody truly know what the costs are?)<SPAN class="629392415-11042007"> They are not cheap. You will need to repaint, fix any outdoor damage, do any repairs the buyer would want done (per their houseinspector's recommendations)</LI>[/list]

&#32;
    Now that's room service! <a href="http://travel.yahoo.com/hotelsearchpage;_ylc=X3oDMTFtaTIzNXVjBF9TAzk3NDA3N Tg5BF9zAzI3MTk0ODEEcG9zAzIEc2VjA21haWx0YWdsaW5lBHN sawNxMS0wNw--
    ">Choose from over 150,000 hotels
    in 45,000 destinations on Yahoo! Travel</a> to find your fit.

Belinda

Default Freezers

testing 1..2.3

Not seeing my posts so checking it out

Belinda

armstrca

Default Freezers

<DIV dir="ltr" align="left"><SPAN class="332290417-11042007">Would you consider getting a PT job on graveyards (during the time when your DH is at home and would have to take care of the kids and get them to bed or get them up). That way the kids would not have a sitter, but be with one of you guys all the time.
    <DIV dir="ltr" align="left"><SPAN class="332290417-11042007">If your DH wouldn't like that, then lay all the bills/income out for him and ask where it is going to come from. Let him know how much extra needs to come in until you guys break even. The Dave Ramsey boot camp is an excellent group to be in to help get bills under control.
    <DIV dir="ltr" align="left"><SPAN class="332290417-11042007">http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/grou...ncialBootCamp/ and another group (which I don't knwo as much about) http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/grou..._Debt_Beaters/

Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2007 11:15 AM
    Subject: Re: Budget101.com : Housing Costs<SPAN class="332290417-11042007">
    <SPAN class="332290417-11042007">
    I would consider getting a PT job in the evenings, but I would just end up giving all the money to the sitter. So, it is not worth it.

Thanks again,
    Herlean

butter

Default Freezers

I have hesitated to jump in on this question. We have both a 15 cf

and a 12cf upright freezer in our cellar. We also have a side by side

with our frig. I wouldn't have a chest freezer. Both of ours are

frost free. We have been pretty broke for the past few months and

have lived out of the freezers and the pantry. We are now getting to

the point where I really have to start restocking. I don't really

lose much to freezer burn, and what I pay for the electric bill is

actually minimal if compared to everyday prices in our markets. We

are in the Northeast and prices are much higher here than in other

parts of the country.

Laine

Boston (Dorchester) MA

butter

Default Freezers

Couldn't your husband mind him in the evenings?<BR class="khtml-block-placeholder">Laine<BR class="khtml-block-placeholder">I have been reading your messages for quite a while now. It seems that you already put in major efforts.<BR class="khtml-block-placeholder">Love,<BR class="khtml-block-placeholder">Laine<BR class="khtml-block-placeholder">
    On Apr 11, 2007, at 12:46 PM, Herlean wrote:<BR class="Apple-interchange-newline"><BLOCKQUOTE type="cite"><SPAN class="Apple-style-span" style="border-collapse: separate;color: rgb(0, 0, 0);font-family: Helvetica;font-size: 12px;font-style: normal;font-variant: normal;font-weight: normal;letter-spacing: normal;text-align: auto;text-indent: 0px;"><DIV id="ygrp-mlmsg" style="font-size: 13px;"><DIV id="ygrp-msg" style="font-size: 13px;"><DIV style="font-family: Georgia;font-size: 13px;"><BR class="khtml-block-placeholder"><DIV style="font-family: Georgia;font-size: 13px;"><SPAN class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Georgia;font-size: 13px;">Thanks for your reply. I am thinking that as we can afford it, it would be best to just make the changes to our house that we want to do for ourselves, including painting, removing wall-to-wall carpeting and installing different flooring, improving our closets, etc. After doing all that, who would want to move???<DIV style="font-family: Georgia;font-size: 13px;"><SPAN class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Georgia;font-size: 13px;"><DIV style="font-family: Georgia;font-size: 13px;"><SPAN class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Georgia;font-size: 13px;">Truly, we do like our home, its location, the school system.<DIV style="font-family: Georgia;font-size: 13px;"><SPAN class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Georgia;font-size: 13px;"><DIV style="font-family: Georgia;font-size: 13px;"><SPAN class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Georgia;font-size: 13px;">Sometimes, it feels like the debts are completely taking over and since it is the most expensive thing we pay for each month, it would appear on some level, to make sense to consider moving. In the end, I don't see how we would truly come out ahead. Since I would rather not move over and over again with kids, I would prefer to move to another great school district not too far away, even into a smaller place. Though, with a growing family, not downsizing, we can really use the space we have.<DIV style="font-family: Georgia;font-size: 13px;"><SPAN class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Georgia;font-size: 13px;"><DIV style="font-family: Georgia;font-size: 13px;"><SPAN class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Georgia;font-size: 13px;">Why is so much of life tied to money? ARGH!!!!!<DIV style="font-family: Georgia;font-size: 13px;"><SPAN class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Georgia;font-size: 13px;"><DIV style="font-family: Georgia;font-size: 13px;"><SPAN class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Georgia;font-size: 13px;">I would consider getting a PT job in the evenings, but I would just end up giving all the money to the sitter. So, it is not worth it.<DIV style="font-family: Georgia;font-size: 13px;"><SPAN class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Georgia;font-size: 13px;"><DIV style="font-family: Georgia;font-size: 13px;"><SPAN class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Georgia;font-size: 13px;">Thanks again,<DIV style="font-family: Georgia;font-size: 13px;"><SPAN class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Georgia;font-size: 13px;">Herlean<BR style="font-family: Georgia;font-size: 13px;"><BR style="font-family: Georgia;font-size: 13px;"><B style="font-family: Georgia;font-size: 13px;font-weight: bold;"><I style="font-family: Georgia;font-size: 13px;font-style: italic;font-weight: bold;"><SPAN class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Georgia;font-size: 13px;font-style: italic;font-weight: bold;">armstrca <carmstr1@ems.<WBR style="font-family: Georgia;font-size: 13px;font-style: italic;font-weight: bold;"><SPAN class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Georgia;font-size: 13px;font-style: italic;font-weight: bold;">jsc.nasa.</WBR><WBR style="font-family: Georgia;font-size: 13px;font-style: italic;font-weight: bold;"><SPAN class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Georgia;font-size: 13px;font-style: italic;font-weight: bold;">gov></WBR>[/I][/B]<SPAN class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Georgia;font-size: 13px;"> wrote:<BLOCKQUOTE class="replbq" style="BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid;font-size: 13px;"><DIV dir="ltr" align="left"><SPAN class="629392415-11042007"><SPAN class="Apple-style-span" style="color: rgb(0, 128, 128);font-family: Comic Sans MS;font-size: 13px;">Stay where you are if you can. It will be cheaper in the long run.<DIV dir="ltr" align="left"><SPAN class="629392415-11042007"><SPAN class="Apple-style-span" style="color: rgb(0, 128, 128);font-family: Comic Sans MS;font-size: 13px;">Answers below.<DIV dir="ltr" align="left"><SPAN class="629392415-11042007"><BR style="font-family: Georgia;font-size: 13px;"><SPAN class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Georgia;font-size: 13px;"><HR tabindex="-1"><B style="font-family: Tahoma;font-size: 10px;font-weight: bold;"><SPAN class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Tahoma;font-size: 10px;font-weight: bold;">From:[/B]<SPAN class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Tahoma;font-size: 10px;"> Budget101_@yahoogro<WBR style="font-family: Tahoma;font-size: 10px;"><SPAN class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Tahoma;font-size: 10px;">ups.com [mailto:Budget101_</WBR><WBR style="font-family: Tahoma;font-size: 10px;"><SPAN class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Tahoma;font-size: 10px;">@yahoogroups.</WBR><WBR style="font-family: Tahoma;font-size: 10px;"><SPAN class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Tahoma;font-size: 10px;">com] <B style="font-family: Tahoma;font-size: 10px;font-weight: bold;"><SPAN class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Tahoma;font-size: 10px;font-weight: bold;">On Behalf Of [/B]<SPAN class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Tahoma;font-size: 10px;">Herlean<BR style="font-family: Tahoma;font-size: 10px;"><B style="font-family: Tahoma;font-size: 10px;font-weight: bold;"><SPAN class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Tahoma;font-size: 10px;font-weight: bold;">Sent:[/B]<SPAN class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Tahoma;font-size: 10px;"> Wednesday, April 11, 2007 10:06 AM<BR style="font-family: Tahoma;font-size: 10px;"><B style="font-family: Tahoma;font-size: 10px;font-weight: bold;"><SPAN class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Tahoma;font-size: 10px;font-weight: bold;">To:[/B]<SPAN class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Tahoma;font-size: 10px;"> Budget101_@yahoogro</WBR><WBR style="font-family: Tahoma;font-size: 10px;"><SPAN class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Tahoma;font-size: 10px;">ups.com<BR style="font-family: Tahoma;font-size: 10px;"><B style="font-family: Tahoma;font-size: 10px;font-weight: bold;"><SPAN class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Tahoma;font-size: 10px;font-weight: bold;">Subject:[/B]<SPAN class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Tahoma;font-size: 10px;"> Re: Budget101.com : Housing Costs<SPAN class="629392415-11042007"><FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color="#008080" size="3"><SPAN class="Apple-style-span" style="color: rgb(0, 128, 128);font-family: Comic Sans MS;"></WBR><SPAN class="629392415-11042007"><BR style="font-family: Tahoma;font-size: 10px;"><SPAN class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Georgia;font-size: 13px;">I am still debating selling our current house (a single family residence with a yard) and moving into a condo. Among the ideas that are running through my head:<UL style="font-family: Georgia;font-size: 13px;"><LI style="font-family: Georgia;font-size: 13px;"><SPAN class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Georgia;font-size: 13px;">Will getting a condo that is less expensive than our current home really save money?<SPAN class="629392415-11042007"><SPAN class="Apple-style-span" style="color: rgb(0, 128, 128);font-family: Comic Sans MS;font-size: 13px;"> Maint fees and be fairly expensive and can go up on you (as voted on by the assoc for the condo)<SPAN class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Georgia;font-size: 13px;"></LI><LI style="font-family: Georgia;font-size: 13px;"><SPAN class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Georgia;font-size: 13px;">What about condo fees? Will they negate the savings in house payments?<SPAN class="629392415-11042007"><SPAN class="Apple-style-span" style="color: rgb(0, 128, 128);font-family: Comic Sans MS;font-size: 13px;"> Maybe<SPAN class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Georgia;font-size: 13px;"></LI><LI style="font-family: Georgia;font-size: 13px;"><SPAN class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Georgia;font-size: 13px;">Ideally, we want to keep our current house, but if we have to sell and move, how much does a realtor cost?<SPAN class="629392415-11042007"><SPAN class="Apple-style-span" style="color: rgb(0, 128, 128);font-family: Comic Sans MS;font-size: 13px;"> usually 6% of the sale (3% for both realtors - the seller's & the buyer's - unless it has gone up)<SPAN class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Georgia;font-size: 13px;"></LI><LI style="font-family: Georgia;font-size: 13px;"><SPAN class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Georgia;font-size: 13px;">Will we truly be saving money by moving?<SPAN class="629392415-11042007"><SPAN class="Apple-style-span" style="color: rgb(0, 128, 128);font-family: Comic Sans MS;font-size: 13px;">Prob not - unless you downsize alot and go into a MUCH cheaper neighborhood.<SPAN class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Georgia;font-size: 13px;">The cost of preparing the house for sale, packing,storage, moving, finding another place, paying the realtor, fees associated with all that (does anybody truly know what the costs are?)<SPAN class="629392415-11042007"><SPAN class="Apple-style-span" style="color: rgb(0, 128, 128);font-family: Comic Sans MS;font-size: 13px;"> They are not cheap. You will need to repaint, fix any outdoor damage, do any repairs the buyer would want done (per their houseinspector's recommendations)</LI>[/list]white;font-family: Georgia;font-size: 13px;" width="1"><SPAN class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Georgia;font-size: 13px;"><BR style="font-family: Georgia;font-size: 13px;"><DIV style="font-family: Georgia;font-size: 13px;"><BR class="khtml-block-placeholder"><HR size="1"><SPAN class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Georgia;font-size: 13px;">Now that's room service! <SPAN class="Apple-style-span" style="color: rgb(0, 0, 238);font-family: Georgia;font-size: 13px;">Choose from over 150,000 hotels <BR style="color: rgb(0, 0, 238);font-family: Georgia;font-size: 13px;"><SPAN class="Apple-style-span" style="color: rgb(0, 0, 238);font-family: Georgia;font-size: 13px;">in 45,000 destinations on Yahoo! Travel<SPAN class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Georgia;font-size: 13px;"> to find your fit.<DIV style="font-family: Georgia;font-size: 13px;"><BR class="khtml-block-placeholder"><SPAN width="1" style="color: white;font-family: arial;font-size: 13px;"><SPAN class="Apple-style-span" style="color: rgb(255, 255, 255);font-family: arial;font-size: 13px;">

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast