Male neighbor cat spraying our front door area.. please help

Male neighbor cat spraying our front door area.. please help

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/space.gif <font size="3" color="black" face="Verdana">12.0pt;font-family:Verdana;color:windowtext;">We have a neighbor’s male cat spraying our flower beds. With it getting warm outside, the smell is getting really bad and it hits guest when they walk up the

area, black, cat, cats, face, family, flowers, grass, hat, hey, how to, learn, lemon, mustard, plan, plant, suggestions, thank you, time, window, coffee, grounds, door, don&8217t, front, spraying, works, male, flower, thing, spray, weeds, pour, weed, overgrown, large, noses, hold, people, melissa, embarrassing, find, found, googled, sidewalk, suggestions&8230, &8220citronella, scents, citrus, walk

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    DVICTOR1

Default Male neighbor cat spraying our front door area.. please help

<font size="3" color="black" face="Verdana">12.0pt;font-family:Verdana;color:windowtext;">We have a neighbor’s
    male cat spraying our flower beds. With it getting warm outside, the
    smell is getting really bad and it hits guest when they walk up the sidewalk
    and at the front door. I googled and found some suggestions…:
    <font size="3" color="black" face="Verdana">12.0pt;font-family:Verdana;color:windowtext;">
    “Citronella works best for cats as well as
    citrus scents such as orange or lemon (primarily towards cats), cayenne pepper,
    coffee grounds, pipe tobacco, lavender oil, lemon grass oil, citronella oil,
    peppermint oil, eucalyptus oil, and mustard oil”

<font size="3" color="black" face="Verdana">Has anyone had any luck with
    anything specific? When they say coffee grounds, would this be used from
    the coffee maker or new from the can? I don’t know how I would put
    oil in the weeds, just spray it on or pour it over the area?
    <font size="3" color="black" face="Verdana">
    <font size="3" color="black" face="Verdana">Our flower bed is a large
    overgrown weed pit that I have not had time to get to. I don’t know
    the first thing about flowers so I am not sure what all the other suggestions
    are, but if it works, I can find it and learn how to plant it. It is
    really embarrassing to have people come up and hold their noses until we can

let them in.
    <font size="3" color="black" face="Verdana">Thank you for your help.
    <font size="3" color="black" face="Verdana">Melissa<font face="Verdana"><span style="font-family:Verdana;"> in OK <font color="black" face="Verdana"><span style="font-family:Verdana;color:windowtext;">

imfifth@aol.com

You can try the citronella and citrus they work depending on the particular

cats sensitivity. You can also get dried predator urine (like fox or coyote) and

use that, you can't smell it when you put it out but they can.

-----Original Message-----

To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com

Sent: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 9:42 PM

Subject: Budget101.com : Male neighbor cat spraying our front door area..

please help

We have a neighbor’s male cat spraying our flower beds. With it

getting warm outside, the smell is getting really bad and it hits guest when

they walk up the sidewalk and at the front door. I googled and found some

suggestions…:

Marian Fonseca

Melissa, I have had that same problem. Caused alot of trouble with our neighbors. I went to Petco and they have a spay for the outdoors. The only problem is you have to spay it everyday around your yard to keep the cat out. I can't remember the name of it but if you ask them they will help. Also, I hadtwo empty spray bottles. One had ammonia and the other had colored dye. ( the cat was white). Every time the cat came in myyard, I sprayed him with the ammonia. When he came back the again, I spayed him with the dye. It all washed out of the cat but the owners had to keep washing him because he smelled and kept getting the wet dye on their stuff. Now before anyone says anything, I do have two female cats (they are fixed), 1 male dog and two fancy rats. I love animals but owners need to be responsible for their animals. Also, try bleach to help get the smell gone from your front door
    etc. Marian

DVICTOR1 <dvictor1@cox.net> wrote: <DIV class="Section1"> <DIV class="MsoNormal"><FONT face="Verdana" color="black" size="3"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt;COLOR: windowtext;FONT-FAMILY: Verdana;">We have a neighbor’s male cat spraying our flower beds. With it getting warm outside, the smell is
    getting really bad and it hits guest when they walk up the sidewalk and at the front door. I googled and found some suggestions…: <DIV class="MsoNormal"><FONT face="Verdana" color="black" size="3"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt;COLOR: windowtext;FONT-FAMILY: Verdana;"> <DIV class="MsoNormal"><FONT face="sans serif" color="black" size="3">“Citronella works best for cats as well as citrus scents such as orange or lemon (primarily towards cats), cayenne pepper, coffee grounds, pipe tobacco, lavender oil, lemon grass oil, citronella oil, peppermint oil, eucalyptus oil, and mustard oil” <DIV class="MsoNormal"><FONT face="sans serif" color="black" size="3"> <DIV class="MsoNormal"><FONT face="Verdana" color="black" size="3"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt;FONT-FAMILY: Verdana;">Has anyone had any luck with anything specific? When
    they say coffee grounds, would this be used from the coffee maker or new from the can? I don’t know how I would put oil in the weeds, just spray it on or pour it over the area? <DIV class="MsoNormal"><FONT face="Verdana" color="black" size="3"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt;FONT-FAMILY: Verdana;"> <DIV class="MsoNormal"><FONT face="Verdana" color="black" size="3"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt;FONT-FAMILY: Verdana;">Our flower bed is a large overgrown weed pit that I have not had time to get to. I don’t know the first thing about flowers so I am not sure what all the other suggestions are, but if it works, I can find it and learn how to plant it. It is really embarrassing to have people come up and hold their noses until we can let them in. <DIV class="MsoNormal"><FONT face="Verdana" color="black" size="3"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt;FONT-FAMILY: Verdana;"> <DIV class="MsoNormal"><FONT face="Verdana" color="black" size="3"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt;FONT-FAMILY: Verdana;">Thank you for your help. <DIV class="MsoNormal"><FONT face="Verdana" color="black" size="3"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt;FONT-FAMILY: Verdana;"> <DIV class="MsoNormal"><ST1><FONT face="Verdana" color="black" size="3"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt;FONT-FAMILY: Verdana;">Melissa</ST1><FONT face="Verdana"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Verdana;"> in OK <FONT face="Verdana" color="black"> windowtext;FONT-FAMILY: Verdana;">

&#32;

Don't get soaked. Take a<a href="
    http://tools.search.yahoo.com/shortcuts/?fr=oni_on_mail&#news"> quick peek at the forecast </a>
    with the<a href="
    http://tools.search.yahoo.com/shortcuts/?fr=oni_on_mail&#news">Yahoo! Search weather shortcut.</a>

Dale and Debby Sanford

<FONT face="Amphion" size="4">When I was the Activity Director at a nursing home that had pets, we used to use the cayenne pepper to keep the cats out of the indoor plants. We just sprinkled it on...probably every couple of weeks. It did work. Not sure how that would work outside, but would be worth a try! Good luck!!
    <FONT face="Amphion" size="4">Debby
    Dale and Debby Sanford
    Look! I'm a blogger ----> http://tinyurl.com/ffxy3
    [quote]

Julie Strong

I have had luck with mothballs, but do not
    put them out if you have pets or young children that might eat them.

Julie in Ontario

[mailto:Budget101_@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
    Of
    DVICTOR1

Sent: Friday, March 09, 2007 9:43
    PM

Subject: Budget101.com : Male
    neighbor cat spraying our front door area.. please help

We have
    a neighbor’s male cat spraying our flower beds. With it getting
    warm outside, the smell is getting really bad and it hits guest when they walk
    up the sidewalk and at the front door. I googled and found some
    suggestions…:

SUSAN

i used to demonstrate a product at sams club called odo-ban. this stuff is strong enug to get rid of skunk odor.

<FONT face="comic sans ms" color="#a94a76" size="3">banditsmom<FONT color="#a040ff">1124 aka susan

Karen

Try filling empty plastic gallon milk or water jugs with water and sit

several where you don't want the cats. Not sure why it works but it

does. Often times once you break the cats habit you can remove the

bottles - if they come back try hiding the bottles behind plants. I've

seen people put them every 3 feet around the front yard! I've only

tried in side yard and it worked. Karen

MJA

<font size="3" face="Arial">12.0pt;font-family:Arial;">I live on the edge of a national forest and we have a huge
    problem with mountain lions and coyotes, so we don’t have a problem with
    cats running around, all cats and small pets HAVE to be indoors if you want
    them to live. What I’ve found with my cat is that just plain water in a
    squirt gun does the trick, they hate getting wet (well most cats) and it
    surprises them.
    <font size="3" face="Arial">12.0pt;font-family:Arial;">

Marie

<font size="1" face="Harmonica Bold">9.0pt;font-family:"Harmonica Bold";"><font size="1" color="purple" face="Harmonica Bold">9.0pt;font-family:"Harmonica Bold";colorurple;">"Don't say you don't have
    enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given
    to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci,
    Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein." --H. Jackson Brown, Jr. <font size="1" face="Harmonica Bold">9.0pt;font-family:"Harmonica Bold";">

[mailto:Budget101_@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
    Of
    Marian Fonseca

Sent: Saturday, March 10, 2007
    4:12 PM

Subject: Re: Budget101.com : Male
    neighbor cat spraying our front door area.. please help

Melissa,

I have had that same problem. Caused alot of
    trouble with our neighbors. I went to Petco and they have a spay for the
    outdoors. The only problem is you have to spay it everyday around your yard to
    keep the cat out. I can't remember the name of it but if you ask them they will
    help.

Also, I hadtwo empty spray bottles. One
    had ammonia and the other had colored dye. ( the cat was white). Every
    time the cat came in myyard, I sprayed him with the ammonia. When he came
    back the again, I spayed him with the dye. It all washed out of the cat but the
    owners had to keep washing him because he smelled and kept getting the wet dye
    on their stuff.

Now before anyone says anything, I do have two
    female cats (they are fixed), 1 male dog and two fancy rats. I love animals but
    owners need to be responsible for their animals.

Also, try bleach to help get the smell gone from your
    front door etc.

Marian

<span style="font-weight:bold;font-style:italic;">DVICTOR1
    <dvictor1@cox.net>
    wrote:

<blockquote style="border-left:solid #1010FF 1.5pt;">

We have a neighbor’s male
    cat spraying our flower beds. With it getting warm outside, the smell is
    getting really bad and it hits guest when they walk up the sidewalk and at the
    front door. I googled and found some suggestions…:

“Citronella works best for cats as well as citrus
    scents such as orange or lemon (primarily towards cats), cayenne pepper, coffee
    grounds, pipe tobacco, lavender oil, lemon grass oil, citronella oil,
    peppermint oil, eucalyptus oil, and mustard oil”

<font size="3" color="black" face="Verdana">12.0pt;font-family:Verdana;color:black;">Has
    anyone had any luck with anything specific? When they say coffee grounds,
    would this be used from the coffee maker or new from the can? I
    don’t know how I would put oil in the weeds, just spray it on or pour it
    over the area?

<font size="3" color="black" face="Verdana">12.0pt;font-family:Verdana;color:black;">Our
    flower bed is a large overgrown weed pit that I have not had time to get
    to. I don’t know the first thing about flowers so I am not sure
    what all the other suggestions are, but if it works, I can find it and learn
    how to plant it. It is really embarrassing to have people come up and hold
    their noses until we can let them in.

<font size="3" color="black" face="Verdana">12.0pt;font-family:Verdana;color:black;">Thank
    you for your help.

<ST1>
    <font size="3" color="black" face="Verdana">12.0pt;font-family:Verdana;color:black;">Melissa<font face="Verdana"><span style="font-family:Verdana;"></ST1> in OK

[/quote]

<hr size="1" width="100%" align="center">

Don't get soaked. Take a<a href="%0d%0ahttp:/tools.search.yahoo.com/shortcuts/?fr=oni_on_mail&#news">
    quick peek at the forecast </a>

with the<a href="%0d%0ahttp:/tools.search.yahoo.com/shortcuts/?fr=oni_on_mail&#news">Yahoo!
    Search weather shortcut.</a> <font color="white"><span style="color:<span width="1">

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast