Holidays » Halloween » Halloween Decor » Halloween Treat Baskets from Paper Plates

Halloween Treat Baskets from Paper Plates

fb iconpinterest iconpinterest iconlinkedin iconbuffer icon

Give the Trick or treaters or party-goers a cute carry home treat box made from a paper plate. Quickie project costs less than a dollar and takes just minutes to create.
halloween-treat-baskets-from-paper-plates

Seasonal design paper plates usually come in 18ct-20ct at the Dollar store. This means you can make fun, customized treat boxes for less than 5¢ each!

Halloween Paper plate treat box filled with cookies

How to Make Halloween Treat Baskets from Paper Plates

You’ll Need:
Paper Plates (Dollar store plates work great!)
Ribbon (optional)
Glue ( a hot glue gun is BEST)
4 paperclips
Pencil & Ruler
Treats to fill the basket

First, Flip the paper plate over to the backside. Draw a Tic-Tac-Toe board on the back of the paper plate: it should look like this:
halloween treat basket step 2

You want the Center of the tic-tac-toe board to be square. If you measure across a 9″ paper plate and mark it at 3″ & 6″ respectively, then turn the plate 180 degrees and do it again- you will get a perfect square.

halloween treat basket step 1

Next, Cut every other vertical line. Here I have highlighted them in Orange so you can see where to cut.
halloween-treat-baskets-from-paper-plates

Now, Crease each cut by folding the short curved piece inward, they should look like this:

halloween treat basket step 4

Apply glue to the design side of the curved flaps. Depending on what type of glue you are using, you can fold them inward and secure them with a paperclip while the glue dries.

halloween treat basket step 7

However, in our case, I am using hot glue (I have far too little patience to wait for glue to dry!)

halloween treat basket step 5

If you’d like to create a “handle” for your basket, simply poke 1 small hole on each side of the basket. Thread a piece of ribbon through and knot it on the inside of the basket. For added security, you can add a dot of hot glue to the knot.

how to make a halloween treat basket 4

Voila! You’ve successfully created simple, dirt cheap Halloween treat baskets that you can fill with candies or cookies, etc.

how to make a halloween treat basket 3
Halloween paper plate treat basket filled with No-Bake cookies

These simple paper plate baskets aren’t just for Halloween! They’re great for other holidays as well, such as these crafty Easter baskets.

View More Halloween Ideas

5 thoughts on “Halloween Treat Baskets from Paper Plates”

1. ooohhh, and easter too. these would be so cute just out of pastel colored plates and full of jelly beans. thanks for inspiring me today!!

Leave a Comment