Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: The Oregon Trail - Gameloft
09-27-2011, 11:20 PM #1
- Join Date
- Jan 1995
- in front of the puter
- Blog Entries
The Oregon Trail - Gameloft
The The Oregon Trail - Gameloft App has been provided to you by Budget101.com
The Oregon Trail
Release Date: March 26, 2009
LIMITED TIME GIVEAWAY!
A new journey is just over the horizon! The Oregon Trail: American Settler is coming soon to the App Store and we want to get everyone back in the adventuring spirit by making the original game absolutely FREE for just a few days!
Embark on Gameloft's refreshing revisit of the classic game you used to play on Apple II now.
The press already love it. You’ll love it too.
**IGN: 8,5/10 + Editors's Choice Award: “A smart remake of the acclaimed classic, complete with fantastic new visuals. You'll jam on it for weeks."
**Pocket Gamer: 9/10 + Gold Award - "An example of how classic games can be remade for modern play without losing nostalgic lustre or alienating with outdated design"
**Touch Arcade: “The Oregon Trail for iPhone really does seem to make dysentary fun again!”
Westward, Ho! Your favorite pioneering adventure game is back and takes you to an exciting, historical side-scrolling adventure entirely rethought to fit the Touch experience of your iPhone / iPod touch.
REMEMBER AMERICA’S CULTURAL ICONIC GAME
- All of the decision-making and problem-solving fun of the original game.
- Prepare for your departure: Select the members of your party, choose your departure date and purchase supplies.
- Fun and educational! Historical references through real locations and famous characters from the past, plus historic facts perfectly explain the perilous journey of pioneers.
A WILDER EXPERIENCE THAN YOU'VE EVER PLAYED BEFORE
- 8 skill-based mini-games, including 2 accelerometer-based challenges: hunting, fishing, river crossing, rafting, wagon repairing, telegraph, berry picking, and gold panning.
- Random events (disease, bandits, hitchhikers, etc.) faced by real pioneers increases the challenge.
- Side-missions add more excitement to your journey, affecting your westward trek.
- Refreshed with modern, colored graphics in a cartoonish style.
UPDATED WITH FACEBOOK CONNECT
- Post your achievements on your Wall.
- Challenge your friends by inviting them to play The Oregon Trail with the Tell A Friend feature.
JOIN THE FAN COMMUNITY
- On Facebook at www.facebook.com/TheOregonTrail.
- On Twitter at twitter.com/TheOregonTrail.
Highly recommended for fans of retro gaming, edutainment, educational games, and strategy.
© © 2008 Gameloft. All Rights Reserved. Gameloft and the Gameloft logo are trademarks of Gameloft in the US and/or other countries. © 2008 HMH Consumer Company Limited, and its affiliates and licensors. All rights reserved. The Learning Company and The Oregon Trail are registered trademarks and Adventures Along the Oregon Trail is a trademark of HMH Consumer Company Limited. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. All companies, names, and data used in sample screens, and output are fictitious and any resemblance to any person, trademark, company name, or landmark of any kind is purely coincidental.
Free Apps are usually available for less than 48 Hours, because of this, all threads are automatically closed to additional comments/responses at that time.
By FreebieQueen in forum FreebiesReplies: 0Last Post: 01-29-2011, 11:00 AM
By vickielovesnick in forum Welcome Newbie!Replies: 1Last Post: 05-04-2010, 08:50 PM
By budget in forum RecallsReplies: 0Last Post: 03-06-2009, 01:00 PM
By budget in forum RecallsReplies: 0Last Post: 03-03-2009, 08:40 AM
By budget in forum RecallsReplies: 0Last Post: 02-17-2009, 07:40 PM