Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Anggie Thompson

Default Query--Lose Weight

What do YOU do to lose a couple of pounds quickly? I am in a desperate state where ALL of my clothes have shrunk..........that's my story, and I'm sticking to it. Budget doesn't have room in it to buy a bigger size. What can I do, safely, to drop those pounds? I am walking on pretty days, 1-2 miles if time allows during my lunch hour.

--
    Anggie
    Fight Breast cancer......no one should die from it

Elizabeth Head

Angie -- When I find myself in the same predicament, the most effective method I have found is an old tried and true method -- to count calories. I got a calorie counting book at the library. This way I can still eat pretty much what my family eats, except in abit smaller quantity. I treat my calories as a budget --only 1,200/day and get terrific results.I failthfully write down EVERYTHING that crosses my lips in a blank checkbook register and tally the "points" (calories) daily.It becomes a game to stretch my calories by making better dietary choices to prevent hunger -- you can eat quite a bit of healthy produce for very few calories. Additionally, I cut out carbonated beverages, push water, and take a multivitamin daily. As far as exercise, a pedimeter is a terrific investment. I try for 10,000 steps a day. My husband tried this method the first 6 months we were married and lost 52#.He said it was easier and more effective than anything else he had ever tried to control his weight. Frankly, I agree . . . it may not be glamorous, but it certainly works Good Luck!

Anggie Thompson <anggiet@gmail.com> wrote: What do YOU do to lose a couple of pounds quickly? I am in a desperate state where ALL of my clothes have shrunk..........that's
    my story, and I'm sticking to it. Budget doesn't have room in it to buy a bigger size. What can I do, safely, to drop those pounds? I am walking on pretty days, 1-2 miles if time allows during my lunch hour. <BR clear="all">
    --
    Anggie

&#32;
    Be a PS3 game guru.
    Get your game face on with the latest PS3 news and previews at Yahoo! Games.

Sheri Barnes

Drink LOTS of water... eat salad, but be careful on the dressing.... eat proteins, they fill you up also, and take *at least* 20 minutes to eat your meal

On 2/23/07, Anggie Thompson[/b] <anggiet@gmail.com> wrote:

What do YOU do to lose a couple of pounds quickly? I am in a desperate state where ALL of my clothes have shrunk..........that&#39;s my story, and I&#39;m sticking to it. Budget doesn&#39;t have room in it to buy a bigger size. What can I do, safely, to drop those pounds? I am walking on pretty days, 1-2 miles if time allows during my lunch hour.
    --
    Anggie

Sheri Adams

drink LOTS of water and keep busy so your bowels keep moving.

Sincerely,
    Sheri L. Adams, Poet, Artist, Writer
    Mentor-Woman of Worth
    [quote]
    ----- Original Message -----
    To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com
    Sent: Friday, February 23, 2007 10:27 AM
    Subject: Budget101.com : Query--Lose Weight

What do YOU do to lose a couple of pounds quickly? I am in a desperate state where ALL of my clothes have shrunk..........that's my story, and I'm sticking to it. Budget doesn't have room in it to buy a bigger size. What can I do, safely, to drop those pounds? I am walking on pretty days, 1-2 miles if time allows during my lunch hour. <BR clear="all">
    --
    Anggie

Sharon Schuster

I have used coconut oil from the health food store. I have read testimonies of people losing weight/inches by simply eating 3 tsp. daily. Personally, I "butter" my toast with it... and when I do that a couple of days in a row,I feel smaller. I thinkI would see a big difference, if I just developedthe habit of doing that daily.

&#32;
    TV dinner still cooling?
    Check out "Tonight's Picks" on Yahoo! TV.

ozi_nut

Hi if you need to count calories you could try the following site

www.calorieking.com.au

good luck

--- In Budget101_@yahoogroups.com, "Anggie Thompson" <anggiet@...>

wrote:

>

> What do YOU do to lose a couple of pounds quickly? I am in a

desperate

> state where ALL of my clothes have shrunk..........that's my story,

and I'm

> sticking to it. Budget doesn't have room in it to buy a bigger

size. What

> can I do, safely, to drop those pounds? I am walking on pretty

days, 1-2

> miles if time allows during my lunch hour.

>

> --

> Anggie

> Fight Breast cancer......no one should die from it

>

Catherine Cushing

I've reduced carbs. For breakfast I would have protein and fruit, typically egg whites (2 eggs)and half a grapefruit, then 2 hrs later the same. Then 2 hrs later, lunch would be 3 oz protein (chicken breast, or other parts without skin, turkey patties, salmon patties, etc), tons of veggies (salad, steamed anything), and about 2 oz carb (I love steamed white rice, but will go for whole wheat breads/pastas). 2-3 hrs later, snack, usually apples with peanut butter. Then dinner is pretty much the same as lunch (turkey chili with kidney beans), low sodium crackers or even pasta (still about 2 oz), more veggies (salad). And if necessary 2 hrs later another snack of fruit. It is tough on a budget. I try to get as much of the veggies on sale (frozen/fresh), will pay extra for ground turkey or low fat ground beef. Chicken, I will usually try to clean up myself, fat, skin and bones off. A
    lot of low fat/sodium chicken broth to cook the veggies. Sodium free sauces. Tons of water. Flavored coffee (french vanilla, hazlenut, Irish cream) with Splenda, no creams...$1.07/day of $2/day food allowance. I've even taking a liking to green tea for the cold days. Exercise is tough to squeeze in, so I take the stairs whenever I can (I work on the 3rd floor), park as far as I can at the stores and at work. And try to play outside with the kids as much as possible (5 and 7 y/o daughters). I lost under 10 lbs in a month, but the way my clothes fit was a lot more important that what the scale had to say. Good luck to you. Cathy

&#32;
    <a href="
    http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=49981/*http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/mailbeta/features_spam.html">Sucker-punch spam</a> with award-winning protection.
    Try the <a href="
    http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=49981/*http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/mailbeta/features_spam.html">free Yahoo! Mail Beta.</a>

Kathy

--- In Budget101_@yahoogroups.com, "Anggie Thompson" <anggiet@...>

wrote:

>

> What do YOU do to lose a couple of pounds quickly? I am in a

desperate

> state

go to www.lillieross.com/souper.......try the souper soup diet.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast