Results 1 to 1 of 1
12-13-2006, 09:37 AM #email@example.com>Guest
Gift Idea: APPLE BUTTER BREAD MIX IN A JAR
Mix for Jar:
2 cups flour
1-1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup raisins
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Layering dry mix: Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and
salt. Put this mixture into a 1-qt. jar. Pack down firmly. Layer
brown sugar, raisins and walnuts, packing down firmly after each
addition. Attach recipe:
Apple Butter Bread
1 jar bread mix
1-1/2 cups apple butter, divided
1/2 cup apple juice
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 egg, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour bottom and sides of a 9x5x2-
3/4-inch loaf pan.
2. Combine 3/4 cup of apple butter, apple juice, melted butter and
beaten egg in a large bowl. Add the apple butter bread jar mix. Mix
3. Pour half of the batter into prepared pan. Spread remaining 3/4
cup apple butter over batter. Gently pour remaining batter over
4. Bake for 65-75 minutes or until top springs back when lightly
touched in center.
5. Cool in pan for 15 minutes on wire rack. Remove bread from pan
and continue cooling on wire rack.
6. Wrap tightly. Store in refrigerator.