Results 1 to 1 of 1
12-16-2003, 05:30 PM #1Freezer:Guest
Refrigerator/ Freezer Cookies: Cranberry Icebox Cookies
Cranberry Icebox Cookies
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
1 cup packed light-brown sugar
1 large egg, at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon each baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup blanched almonds, finely chopped
1/2 cup cranberries coarsely chopped
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
Decoration: red and green decorating sugar, halved fresh cranberries
and granulated sugar
1. Beat butter and brown sugar in large bowl at medium speed until fluffy.
Beat in egg, vanilla, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt. On low
speed, beat in flour until blended. Stir in remaining ingredients.
2. Divide in half. Wrap separately and chill until firm, about 1 hour.
3. Shaped each half into an 8-inch long log. Roll logs in colored
sugar to coat. Wrap and chill until hard, about 3 hours.
4. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
5. With serrated knife, cut 1 roll (keep other refrigerated)into 1/4-
inch thick slices. Place 1 inch apart on lightly greased cookie sheets.
Press a cranberry half on each. Dust with sugar.
6. Bake 12 to 14 minutes until edges are golden brown. Cool on
cookie sheet on a wire rack 3 minutes, then remove to rack to cool completely.
Storage Tip: Store airtight at cool room temperature up to 1 week,
or freeze up to 3 months
submitted by Joy
<div align="center"></img> <hr>
Attachment: [not stored]