Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Craft Idea: Crazy Critters
12-14-2003, 12:52 PM #1Craft of the WeekGuest
Craft Idea: Crazy Critters
<h1><font color="#990000" size="4">Gift Idea: Place all the supplies &; instructions in a cute box as a craft kit.</h1>
<h1><font color="#990000">Make a herd of crazy creatures</h1><font size="+1">
You can make a bunch cool critters! Once you've learned the technique, get creative and make these creatures in all kinds of sizes and shapes. What they look like depends on your imagination! <font color="#990000">MATERIALS: <ul type="square">[*]1 bag of pipe cleaners, various colors[*]1 bag of brightly colored feathers[*]Googly eyes[*]Sequins or beads[*]Craft glue[*]Scissors[/list]<font color="#990000">DIRECTIONS:
- Choose one pipe cleaner to form the critter's body, head and tail. To form the legs, bend another pipe cleaner around the body stem, about 3 inches from the end. Repeat for the back legs.
- Twist the leg pipe cleaners tightly and glue to secure.
- Bend 1/2-inch section at the end of each leg to form the feet.
- Twist the main stem at the front like a candy cane to form the neck and the head. Twist the other end up for the tail.
- Glue feathers to the body, the tail and the head. We trimmed the fuzzy part of the feather to give our critter a furry look.
- For ears, we glued on the flat end of a feather in a contrasting color.
- Glue on two googly eyes.
- Glue on a sequin or bead for the nose.
By Marty Westman Photo by Ed Haun/KRT
Copyright © 2003 Detroit Free Press Inc.
Attachment: (image/jpeg) craft_crazycreatures.jpg [not stored]
By Budget101 in forum Crafts & Homemade ItemsReplies: 2Last Post: 10-14-2008, 05:52 AM
By Liss in forum Budget101 Discussion ListReplies: 0Last Post: 11-10-2007, 11:03 AM
By Jane in forum Crafts & Homemade ItemsReplies: 0Last Post: 08-27-2006, 09:47 AM
By Savin' Moola in forum Crafts & Homemade ItemsReplies: 1Last Post: 02-04-2006, 12:21 PM