Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 8 of 10
  1. #1
    Epeya Mattson
    Guest

    Default Budget101.com : Household Warning when Cleaning


    Dear Ladies and Gentlemen.
    Today I was cleaning my house for Christmas and I was cleaning under where
    the two cats use the litter pan in the Laundry room. I was out of Mr Clean,
    so I grabbed the bottle of Clorox and poured it directly on the floor. BIG
    MISTAKE, There was obviously urine on the papers around the litter pan
    which got on the floor. Urine is high in ammonia. When ammonia is mixed with
    Clorox..it produces Toxic Clorine gas which can send a full sized human to
    the Emergency room in under a minute. IF you happen to be using Clorox this
    year to clean, Please dont forget to dilute it first. If you see it
    bubbling it means a Chemical reaction is occuring and you should leave the
    area with children and pets IMMEDIATELY. When in an hour or two it is safer
    to return, pour water on the area (I actually used the hand sprayer on the
    sink to spray my floor) and open all ventalations and windows. Death can
    occur quickly if Clorine gas is enhaled. If you, your children or your pets
    come into contact with Cholorine gas.. RUN to the Emergency room or your
    local doctor and have them check you out. or call 911 or appropriate rescue
    services in your area. Please do not let such a small thing turn your

    Holiday season into a tragedy.

    Merry Christmas

    Holly


  2. #2
    Emily Yelton
    Guest

    Default Re: Budget101.com : Household Warning when Cleaning


    It is ALWAYS a safe bet to not use bleach ANYWHERE near a litterpan. Cats
    aren't really the neatest all the time as to whether they get their hiney down
    in the pan to go and it invariably gets outside and on the floor around the
    litterbox. Urine, when left to become old, turns into ammonia. And cat urine
    is one of the worst ones for doing it.

    I use water, and dishsoap around my cat litterpan and nothing else. This makes
    it safe for the cat (cats are sensitive to many different cleaning solutions, as
    humans we never think of) and safe and clean for me.

    Emily Y.




  3. #3
    Lexi
    Guest

    Default Re: Budget101.com : Household Warning when Cleaning


    gosh thats scary! Since getting birds I no longer use chemicals...i use GSE
    grapefruit seed extract....it does everything
    Glad you thought quickly and took care of the situation
    lexi


    -----


    Dear Ladies and Gentlemen.
    Today I was cleaning my house for Christmas and I was cleaning under where
    the two cats use the litter pan in the Laundry room. I was out of Mr Clean,
    so I grabbed the bottle of Clorox and poured it directly on the floor. BIG
    MISTAKE, There was obviously urine on the papers around the litter pan
    which got on the floor. Urine is high in ammonia. When ammonia is mixed with
    Clorox..it produces Toxic Clorine gas which can send a full sized human to
    the Emergency room in under a minute. IF you happen to be using Clorox this
    year to clean, Please dont forget to dilute it first. If you see it
    bubbling it means a Chemical reaction is occuring and you should leave the
    area with children and pets IMMEDIATELY. When in an hour or two it is safer
    to return, pour water on the area (I actually used the hand sprayer on the
    sink to spray my floor) and open all ventalations and windows. Death can
    occur quickly if Clorine gas is enhaled. If you, your children or your pets
    come into contact with Cholorine gas.. RUN to the Emergency room or your
    local doctor and have them check you out. or call 911 or appropriate rescue
    services in your area. Please do not let such a small thing turn your
    Holiday season into a tragedy.

    Merry Christmas

    Holly



    [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


  4. #4
    Barbara Watkins
    Guest

    Default Re: Budget101.com : Household Warning when Cleaning


    I forgot which list I got the info from, but for safer cleaning I'm now
    using a sray bottle of plain white vingegar and another of plain hydogen
    peroxide for safe germ cleaning in my kitchen. Just spray onto countertops,
    dishcloth, etc. The combination of these two together is supposed to kill
    any germs.
    Barbara in Texas



    > It is ALWAYS a safe bet to not use bleach ANYWHERE near a litterpan.


  5. #5
    Debi Jarrell
    Guest

    Default Re: Budget101.com : Household Warning when Cleaning


    may I forward this to other lists I'm on?

    Debi
    ----- Original Message -----
    From: "Epeya Mattson" <epeya2@bresnan.net>
    To: <Budget101_@yahoogroups.com>
    Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 12:35 AM
    Subject: Budget101.com : Household Warning when Cleaning


    | Dear Ladies and Gentlemen.
    | Today I was cleaning my house for Christmas and I was cleaning under where
    | the two cats use the litter pan in the Laundry room. I was out of Mr
    Clean,
    | so I grabbed the bottle of Clorox and poured it directly on the floor. BIG
    | MISTAKE, There was obviously urine on the papers around the litter pan
    | which got on the floor. Urine is high in ammonia. When ammonia is mixed
    with
    | Clorox..it produces Toxic Clorine gas which can send a full sized human to
    | the Emergency room in under a minute. IF you happen to be using Clorox
    this
    | year to clean, Please dont forget to dilute it first. If you see it
    | bubbling it means a Chemical reaction is occuring and you should leave the
    | area with children and pets IMMEDIATELY. When in an hour or two it is
    safer
    | to return, pour water on the area (I actually used the hand sprayer on the
    | sink to spray my floor) and open all ventalations and windows. Death can
    | occur quickly if Clorine gas is enhaled. If you, your children or your
    pets
    | come into contact with Cholorine gas.. RUN to the Emergency room or your
    | local doctor and have them check you out. or call 911 or appropriate
    rescue
    | services in your area. Please do not let such a small thing turn your
    | Holiday season into a tragedy.
    |
    | Merry Christmas
    |
    | Holly
    |
    |
    |
    |
    | Copyrights 1995-2003 Budget101.com tm - All Rights Reserved Messages may
    NOT be copied or reproduced without written permission of the listowner.
    |
    | Visit http://www.Budget101.com Today!
    |
    | To Switch to Digest Mode: Budget101_-digest@yahoogroups.com
    | To Unsubscribe: Budget101_-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
    |
    |
    | Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
    |
    |


  6. #6
    Debi Jarrell
    Guest

    Default Re: Budget101.com : Household Warning when Cleaning


    I had been going to use clorox2 bleach on a skirt that my cat liked so much
    she marked. (Actually, I think she got "pissed off" at me... literally.)
    I'm glad I saw this because I never would have thought of this myself. I
    know not to mix cleaners, but I never thought about cat pee.

    Debi


    ----- Original Message -----
    From: "Emily Yelton" <>
    To: <Budget101_@yahoogroups.com>


  7. #7
    Emily Yelton
    Guest

    Default Re: Budget101.com : Household Warning when Cleaning


    Barbara,

    Regular SOAP kills germs. Nothing special needs to be done. Doesn't matter if
    chicken is involved or cat urine. So long as we WASH with soap and hot
    water, the germs will be gone.

    Antibacterial stuff does more harm than good as it makes the bacteria resistant.
    Also, antibacterial soap on the skin will kill the "good" as well as the "bad"
    and will eventually make it so we are more sucseptable to getting sick.

    And even though HP and Vinegar are both cheap, regular soap is cheaper and less
    time consuming than spraying either.

    What I have learned in all the health classes I have taken that you can use just
    regular soap and be confident that what you are washing is clean and germs and
    bacteria are neutralized.

    Emily Y.



    ----- Original Message -----
    From: Barbara Watkins
    To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com
    Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 10:44 AM
    Subject: Re: Budget101.com : Household Warning when Cleaning


    I forgot which list I got the info from, but for safer cleaning I'm now
    using a sray bottle of plain white vingegar and another of plain hydogen
    peroxide for safe germ cleaning in my kitchen. Just spray onto countertops,
    dishcloth, etc. The combination of these two together is supposed to kill any
    germs.

    Barbara in Texas

    [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


  8. #8
    Lexi
    Guest

    Default Re: Budget101.com : Household Warning when Cleaning


    I got tired of the smelly vinegar and use GSE grapefruit seed extract that kills
    germs and it's also good for your health with lots of uses
    lexi


    ----- Original Message -----
    From: Barbara Watkins
    To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com
    Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 10:44 AM
    Subject: Re: Budget101.com : Household Warning when Cleaning


    I forgot which list I got the info from, but for safer cleaning I'm now
    using a sray bottle of plain white vingegar and another of plain hydogen
    peroxide for safe germ cleaning in my kitchen. Just spray onto countertops,
    dishcloth, etc. The combination of these two together is supposed to kill
    any germs.
    Barbara in Texas



    > It is ALWAYS a safe bet to not use bleach ANYWHERE near a litterpan.




    Yahoo! Groups Sponsor



    Copyrights 1995

    [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •