Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Cookie Recipes for the holidays
12-06-2003, 12:34 PM #1KellyGuest
Cookie Recipes for the holidays
Peppermint Candy Cookie
Bring these pretty, candy-speckled treats to your party!
What You Need: 1 tube (18 oz.) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
Green food coloring
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
1 3-inch round cookie cutter
1 bag (14 oz.) M&M'S® Brand Milk Chocolate Candies for the Holidays
1 (16 oz.) container vanilla frosting
24 pieces 12 x 12-inch clear squares cellophane
1/2 inch holiday ribbon
What To Do: 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Tint the cookie dough with the green food coloring and flavor it
with the peppermint extract. Roll it to 1/4-inch thickness, and then
press out 24 circles using the cookie cutter. Bake them for 10-12
3. When the cookies are cool, spread with frosting. Before the
frosting dries, arrange red and green M&M'S® Brand Milk Chocolate
Candies for the Holidays over the frosting.
4. When the frosting is firm, gently wrap the cookies in cellophane
and tie the ends with ribbon.
TIP: For extra minty flavor, use M&M'S® Brand Mint Chocolate
Candies for the Holidays.
Makes 24 cookies
The secret to this Bright Idea? It's amazingly, blazingly easy!
What You Need: 1 bag (14 oz.) M&M'S® Brand Milk Chocolate Candies
for the Holidays
1 straight-sided clear glass bud vase
12-inch squares of red, orange and yellow cellophane
What To Do: 1. Fill the bud vase almost to the top with M&M'S® Brand
Milk Chocolate Candies for the Holidays.
2. Create a flame using the different colors of cellophane squares.
Layer the squares on top of each other. Pick up the squares by
grabbing them in the center. While holding them, twist the pieces of
cellophane around each other. Tape the bottom of the cellophane flame
so that it doesn't unfurl itself. Plant the flame into the top of the
vase filled with M&M'S® Brand Milk Chocolate Candies for the
3. Tie a bow around the top of the vase to finish it off.
Makes 1 flame
These fluffy treats look so real, you'll expect them to be ice-cold.
What You Need: 1/2 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1-1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
2 cups flour
1 bag (13 oz.) SNICKERS® Brand Miniatures
1 cup chopped walnuts
What To Do: 1. Chop 1/2 cup of SNICKERS® Brand Miniatures.
2. Cream together the butter, 1/4 cup of confectioner's sugar and
3. Slowly blend in the flour, nuts and chopped SNICKERS® Brand
Miniatures. Roll the dough into 1-1/2-inch balls.
4. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
5. Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 12-14 minutes. Remove
from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes. Roll the cookies in the
remaining cup of confectioner's sugar, completely covering them.
Makes 25-30 cookies