BRENDA

Default Halloween party ideas.

It just so happens it was a first grade Halloween party!! The kids had a blast.
    The parents thought I was "SO CREATIVE", little did they recognize how cheap I
    was! It's usually the kids first party of the year so no matter what you do
    they have nothing to compare it to and it works out great.
    The only thing that went not as planned was that I wanted to have it outside
    with all the fall color around us, but some of the kids outfits weren't warm
    enough for the light wind we were having that day. If an outdoor party is what
    you have in mind make sure you mention that in the invitation as well.
    If you were up to it, another idea is to make a pumpkin shaped cake. You make
    two bundt cakes (a pumpkin, or spice or a carrot cake for the color and flavor)
    and put one on top of the other one (the first one goes on the plate upside
    down) with the two bottoms together in the center. Then you get a flat bottom
    ice cream cone and can frost that green sticking it into the cake top center. I
    made this cake for an October birthday but I didn't want to deal with frosting
    the cone so I got one of the precolored green cones you can buy at most
    supermarkets for 99 cents for a 12 pack. I tilted the cone just a bit to make
    it look more natural. After you insert the cone you frost the cakes orange. If
    you frost with a downward stroke it makes more of the ribbed effect a regular
    pumpkin would have. This idea comes from a Pillsbury or Betty Crocker recipe
    book from about 1995. My opinion though is that this is more of a special
    occassion cake due to the amount of work involved in it.
    The spider web brownie was a huge hit and much faster.

If anyone else has any idea that are cheap and easy I would appreciate someone
    sending them since I am having another one this year for second graders and they
    will all be the same kids.

Good luck
    Brenda

---------------------------------

Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free, easy-to-use web site design software

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

BRENDA

Default Halloween party ideas.

It gets harder and harder for the kids around here to go trick-or-treating, all
    the scary people out there. I would love to give them someplace fun and safe to
    go to.

Melissa
    -----
    In our town we do "trunk or treat". All the parents line up their cars (trunks)
    near the town hall and someone has to stay at each car. Then all the kids go
    from one car to the other. We're all allowed to dress up our trunks, but no
    using candles since one child almost got burned from last years jack-o-lantern.
    she was wearing a boa and bent down to get candy. I was the one that grabbed
    her before she got burned and I raised "Holy heck" about it afterward so this
    year it's pumkins with glow sticks or flashlights. We had the glow sticks in
    ours. Much safer.

---------------------------------

Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free, easy-to-use web site design software

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]