Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Uses for Vinegar
01-04-2006, 08:31 PM #1
Uses for Vinegar
USE WHITE VINEGAR TO:
1. Pinch-hit for lemon in a savory recipe. Use 1/2 teaspoon of vinegar in
place of 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
2. Remove coffee or tea stains from the bottom of a cup. Swish 2 tablespoons
of vinegar around in the cup, then wash as usual.
3. Treat oily hair. Vinegar is a good degreaser for oily hair because it
helps adjust pH levels. Shampoo your hair as usual, rinse, then pour 1/4 cup
it and rinse again.
4. Wipe salt stains off boots. Dip a cloth or an old T-shirt into vinegar,
then wipe away the white residue.
5. Make wool sweaters fluffier. Drop in a couple of capfuls of vinegar
during the rinse cycle for an extra-soft feel.
6. Deodorize a garbage disposal. Make vinegar ice cubes and feed them down
the disposal. After grinding, run cold water through the drain.
7. Clean a teakettle or a coffeemaker. Boil a mixture of water and vinegar
in a teakettle, then wipe away the grime. Fill the reservoir of a coffeemaker
with a mixture of vinegar and water and run it through a brewing cycle.
Follow this with several cycles of water to rinse thoroughly.
8. Clean a dishwasher. Once a month, with the machine empty, run a cup of
vinegar through an entire cycle to reduce soap buildup on the inner mechanisms
9. Remove stubborn price tags or stickers. Paint them with several coats of
vinegar, let the liquid soak in for five minutes, then wipe away the residue.
10. Kill weeds between cracks in paving stones and sidewalks. Fill a spray
bottle with straight vinegar and spray multiple times. (Be careful not to get
any on the surrounding grass, as it will kill that too.)
By B101-List in forum Frugal SavingsReplies: 5Last Post: 06-07-2015, 10:47 AM
By jkpjohnson in forum F.A.QReplies: 1Last Post: 05-18-2009, 05:48 PM
By BiggerPiggyBank in forum General RecipesReplies: 0Last Post: 03-27-2007, 06:52 PM
By Savin' Moola in forum Household RecipesReplies: 19Last Post: 09-21-2006, 12:45 AM
By in forum Budget101 Discussion ListReplies: 0Last Post: 01-01-1970, 12:00 AM