Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default My weekly menu 6/26-7/2

I am new here, but I thought I'd jump right in and post my menu....

MENU 6/26-7/1

Monday?Soft Tacos, Rice

Tuesday?Homemade Chicken fried rice, eggrolls

Wednesday?Glazed smoked sausage, mixed veggies, macaroni and cheese

Thursday?Slow Cooker Pork Chops w/Potatoes, Green beans, dinner rolls

Friday?Breakfast for Dinner, Ziploc Omlettes, Hashbrowns, Toast

Saturday?Dinner at Mom?s

Sunday?Glazed Meatloaf, Creamy Vegetable Medley, Garlic cheese biscuits

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dottiebeverly For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for sharing, your menu looks delicious! I have a question, what are Ziploc Omelettes?

Thanks!
    I'm a Freak!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jane For This Useful Post:

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ziplock Omlettes

Crack 2 eggs [large or extra lg] into the bag [no more than two per bag]
    shake to combine.
    Add whatever you like, onions, cheeses, meats (already cooked), green peppers, diced tomato, hash browns, salsa
    Don't add alot of extra liquids so watch the vegs and salsa
    Shake again to combine and mix well. Now slightly seal the bag and remove all the air & finish sealing it.
    Place bags into a large pot of boiling water for 13 mins. Depending on pot size you can cook up to 6-8 of them at once. Once they're done. Cut under the zip and roll out to your plate. Eat & Enjoy
    Here's the recipe with pics.....
    http://theadventuresofsuperwife.com/plo ... 3&blogId=1

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diana1096 For This Useful Post:

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Ziploc Omelet

I'm new to the group too. I've seen this omelet recipe on other sites also. My question is: Are there any chemicals transfered into the food during boiling the plastic? If no one has already done so, I think I'll call the company and just ask them. Otherwise, it sure does look like a good meal!

Ziplock Omlettes

Okay, so this had to be the coolest thing I saw all day... heck, maybe even through Monday too. For once one of Mom's forwards was something of substance!

My parents were big on cooking breakfast on Sunday after we all had slept till usually noon or later. One thing that was lame about it, is thatas one set of eggs was finished, it was flopped on your plate, you sat down and ate on your own- everyone's breakfast was sort of staggered, with the cook obviously eating last as everyone else is relaxing with their cholestorol and carbohydrate induced coma.

Anyway, this came across my inbox and it was too awesome not to share.

Have guests write their name on a quart-size Ziploc freezer bag with permanent marker.

Crack 2 eggs (large or extra-large) into the bag (not more than 2) shake to combine them.
    Put out a variety of ingredients such as: cheeses, ham, onion, green pepper, tomato, hash browns, salsa, etc.
    Each guest adds prepared ingredients of choice to their bag and shake. Make sure to get the air out of the bag and zip it up.
    Place the bags into rolling, boiling water for exactly 13 minutes. You can usually cook 6-8 omelets in a large pot. For more, make another pot of boiling water.

Open the bags and the omelet will roll out easily.

Seriously! Imagine having these ready the night before, and putting the bag in boiling water while you get ready. Sheer genius.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Susan For This Useful Post: