Uses for Salt
1. Make eggs or cream whip up faster and higher. Add a pinch of salt before
2. De-ice sidewalks. In a pinch, it can be used as a substitute for rock
3. Keep chicken or turkey moist. Rub salt in the cavity of the bird before
4. Prevent saut?s made with eggplant or zucchini from getting watery.
Sprinkle salt on these vegetables before cooking.
5. Eliminate sticky residue from an iron. Run the hot iron (no steam) over
plain paper sprinkled with salt.
6. Clean drains. Pour a hot, strong solution (1/2 cup salt for every quart
of water) down the drain.
7. Remove dirt from leafy vegetables, such as spinach. Wash the vegetables
in a bath of salt water.
8. Prevent frost from accumulating inside car windows. Rub the glass with a solution of 2 teaspoons of salt in 1 gallon of hot water. Wipe dry.
9. Remove sangria and red-wine stains from your washables. Stretch the
fabric over a bowl, cover the stain with salt, and carefully pour boiling water over it.
10. Keep shells from cracking when boiling eggs. Add a few pinches of salt
to the water.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Savin' Moola For This Useful Post:
Re: Uses for Salt
great tips, thanks..............
Tags for this Thread