Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Foccacia Bread Recipe
01-21-2003, 07:11 AM #1Felicity CarperGuest
Foccacia Bread Recipe
I have been lurking for a while, but thought I'd post a foccacia bread recipe
for Maya. It comes from www.recipezaar.com but you can use it as a guide &
change to your liking
Easy Foccacia Bread
12 servings 1 hour (45 min prep, 15 min cooking)
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon white sugar
1 packet active dry yeast
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1 dash ground black pepper
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 cup water
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1. In large bowl, stir together flour, salt, sugar, yeast, garlic powder,
oregano, thyme, basil, and black pepper.
2. Mix in vegetable oil and water.
3. When dough has pulled together, turn out onto lightly floured surface and
knead until smooth and elastic.
4. Lightly oil a large bowl, place dough in bowl, and turn to coat with oil.
5. Cover with damp cloth and let rise in warm place 25 minutes.
6. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
7. Punch dough down, place on greased baking sheet.
8. Pat dough into 1/2-inch thick rectangle (doesn't have to be perfect).
9. Using your knuckle, make indentations in the dough about 1/2-inch apart, then
prick dough with fork.
10. Brush top with olive oil, then sprinkle with Parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
11. Bake for 13-15 minutes until golden brown.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]